Chapter 17

To Kill A Vampire

7 days later and here I am in the same position as before.

Before I started interacting with him.

Before, when my life was simple and I could do whatever I wanted in the comfort of my own home. When I didn't have the worry of being beaten up by a group of delinquents. When I could go shopping without having the fear of stealing. When it was simply peaceful. 

I've been doing alot of thinking these past few days. 

Like, how simply being around a person can influence your mindset. Or how your emotions can change at the drop of a hat. I've been thinking pretty deeply about alot of things.

I had slipped back into my usual morning routine and I had already gotten showered today and so I decided to go out shopping. I had to change stores, ofcourse. I slipped my coat on and wrapped my tatted blue scarf around my neck as I reached for the door handle and opened the door. I was just about to step out the door when I got an unfortunate craving for blood. 

I sighed and walked dreadingly over to the fridge. I opened it and pulled out the cold bottle. I drank it down and reminded myself to buy some more at the store today. I went to close the door when it caught my eye. The unfinished cake. It was simply the base of the cake, it didn't have icing on it or anything but for some reason I didn't throw it when I took it out. I don't know why, but I still left it in there. I knew that it would be best if I threw it out, but I simply didn't.

I walked away from my kitchen and to the front door. As soon as I stepped out, my eyes fell on the cracked wall of the hallway. It still had dried blood stained into some of the cracks and there was still a few tiny pieces of rubble and paint chippings scattered into the dark carpet.

Great. If the caretaker hasn't cleared this up in 7 days then it's likely that it will never be cleared up. Goody. A constant reminder. Ugh.

I managed to drag myself away from the bad memories and forced myself to the elevator. Thankfully, no one was in there, and so I was left alone with my thoughts.

Do I miss Baekhyun? I don't know. I had been thinking about the things we did when we were friends and how he had never said anything to upset me. Apart from the odd bad word and the stupid joke here and there.

The elevator door slid open and took me out of my day dream. I went about my business and bought all my groceries. I seemed to be in my own little bubble, not once looking up or making contact with anyone but the cashier. Soon enough I was back in my home being careful not to notice the wall again. 

Was this all my existence was fated to be? 

Was I the one who ruined my chances at a social life? Am I too sensitve to the world that I live in? Or am I simply too uneducated to understand how my emotions should work? 

I pushed the thought aside as hard as I could and tried to distract myself. Although, with my boring life, it was almost impossible.

~~~

I laid in bed and tried my hardest to get comfortable. It was early. I was so mentally drained these last couple of days that I would end up going to bed really early. However, I would simply just lay in my bed and contemplate everything ever until I saw the sun rise. Unfortunately.

I would usually think about Baekhyun. And for some reason I would always end up in tears. 

There was a thought pattern I would always seem to follow subconsciously before I slept. And it was starting early tonight. 

He was so damn strong. I just didn't expect it. Although those boys were complete idiots and were the absolute scum of the earth. But Baekhyun shouldn't have gone far enough to actually knock one of them out. No matter how much of a pain in the they are.

But then I think back to the words he said.

'I won't let you hurt him.'

It just struck me. I remember how it sent shivers down my spine. Did it mean he cared about me? But then again, do I want such a powerful person to care about me? I mean, all someone would have to do is say one bad word to me and for all I know he could crush them in the palm of his hands.

But then I think, am I the one who's in the wrong here? Am I supposed to have someone who cares about me? Should I keep someone who cares about me? Was it me who made him out to be such a beast?  Am I that cold? Am I incapable of emotion?

And that's when I think about that night. When my parent's died. And... The funeral.

And I cry, and I cry, and I just keep on crying.

And here I was. Crying.

And I tell myself,

No Chan, stop it. Stop crying. You've blocked it out for these last ten years and you can block it out for one more night.

I held my thighs close to my chest as I rested my eyes on my knees. My pyjama bottoms were slowly clinging to my legs as my tears soaked straight through them.

A sudden chill ran over me and I couldn't hear the window open over the sound of my large sobs.

"Y-You're doing it again."

"Aah!" I yelped rolling and falling off of my bed.

I held the bedsheets close to my body hugging it like protection. 

My body froze as I saw Baekhyun crouched on my window ledge staring at me with thise piercing red eyes. 

He looked confused, yet you could see that his eyes looked raw. It looked like he hadn't slept in ages. His head was slightly tilted and he looked fascinated by me. I didn't move a muscle and I don't even think I was remembering to breath.

He jumped off the window ledge and onto my bedroom floor. He crawled over to me and almost instinctively I moved back. 

"I-I'm not gonna... Hurt you." He said. He still had that curious look on his face though. He gave me the same looked as he did on the day of the incident. 

I moved back until I couldn't go no further as the wall was blocking me. He crawled closer and closer, like a wild animal would if they were to make contact with a human baby.

He slowly brought his hand to my face and I quickly shut my eyes tight. Was he gonna slap me?! Was he gonna hit me?! What was he doing?!

He slowly and lightly brushed his thumb across my cheek. Once he removed his hand I opened my eyes to see him analysing his finger in detail. He had managed to capture one of my tears on his hand. 

He looked at it. He looked fascinated. He rubbed it between his fingers and honestly it made me feel a bit uneasy.

Not because of the creepy and strange thing he just did, but because of how childlike and innocent he looked. He always held up a cocky and cheeky demeanor. This was so unlike him. But then again I thought I knew him before this all happened. I can trust my instinct anymore.

"You... Cry?" He croaked.

"Yeah... Ofcourse I do." I said.

He sighed and wiped his hand on his jeans. He cleared his throat and almost instantly he looked like he was back to normal.

"C'mon." He simply said.

"What?"

"I'm taking you to the palace."

"No you're not. Who do you think you are. I said that I never wanted to talk to you again and tha-"

"Shut up." He grabbed my wrist and I felt like I had no control over my body. 

"Get off of me!" I yelled. My body was weak since I was ready to sleep and I was basically having a breakdown before he came in. It was so late! What did he want with me at the freaking palace?!

"Look, I wanna make it up to you. So shut up and come with me." He said. 

By this time we had already reached my front door. I was only wearing a white vest and socks with plaid pyjama bottoms. How did he expect me to leave the house?!

"Are you crazy! I'm not leaving, especially with you!" I yelled. 

It was no use. He ended up picking me up and holding me over his shoulder like a fireman would and carried me out of my house. He walked me all the way down the stairs and dragged me outside.

"It's so late! What do you even need me at the palace for?! You freaking psychopath." I was slapping his back and kicking my legs about trying to get him to put me down.

We got about two streets away when I finally managed to get my leg down enough to kick him you-know-where.

He dropped me sharply and bent over in pain. He yelped and I almost felt bad. But then I thought about how he just kidnapped me and all feelings were pushed aside. 

"That ing hurt! Ugh... All I'm trying to do is-"

"I don't care!" I interrupted him as we both started standing up. "Didn't I make it clear the other day! I don't want to see your Goddamn face ever again!" I started to storm off but he once again grabbed me. 

"Ugh! Get off of me! Don't touch me you imbecile!" I wriggled about in his grip but his arms were wrapped right around my back.

He slowly lifted his right hand and lifted my chin up to look at him. My frustrated breaths started slowing down as I stared into his mesmerising eyes. The cold air made his deep breaths condense into smoke. Our bodies were held tightly together as I stopped squirming and melted into his strong arms.

What the heck was I doing?! It was only 15 minutes ago when I was crying over this boy. He had no idea what he was doing to my emotions.

My instinct took control and I knew the position I was in was bad. I pushed him away as forcefully as I could and took a step back.

"Don't you dare try it! You're nothing to me... You're just a waste of my time and if I didn't make it clear already I never wanna speak to you again!" He simply stood there taking in my lecture looking down at the ground like some child who was being told off. 

"Don't you dare breaking into my house like that ever! I'm fed up with your drama Baekhyun, I don't care about you or anything you ever do!" I continued as I started to storm off.

"Is that why you was crying over me?"

I stopped in my tracks. I my heels and scoffed. He had the freaking nerve to say that?! Yes, maybe he was slightly right, but that's not the point.

"You know, for a Strigoi, you aren't very polite." I said. It was the first thing that came to mind.

"Don't be like that." He sighed.

"No, I freaking will. I'm gonna leave now, and don't you dare follow me." I said and turned back around.

That's when I heard that sound.

The same sound that I heard right before my parents died.

The sound of deep groans and spine chilling screeches.

The sound of the Jiang Shi.

My breathing immediately sped up as I frantically looked around. I was panicking.

Baekhun almost gave me a heart attack as he put his hand on my shoulder spinning me around.

"We need to get out of-"

"Shh!" He put his arm infront of me and held me behind him.

My hands were clamped onto his shoulders as he stood infront of me. My heart was beating out of my chest and I kept my eyes shut as tight as I could.

It's just a dream. I'm gonna wake up any second now. Don't worry Chanyeol, you can wake up.

"Chan, stay back." He whispered.

I dared to open my eyes.

"Oh my god..." 

There was about 20 of them. All slowly surrounding us.

"Don't make any sudden sounds and we should be able to sneak away." He whispered as quietly as he could. "Stay calm."

We he joking? Those things killed my only family!

My whole body felt numb and I was literally shaking. I was petrified. I slowly turned my head and there they were. Slowly getting closer and closer. I couldn't control myself as I let out a piercing scream.

"Chan!" Baekhyun yelled at me.

The monsters all seemed to get faster as they all get extremely close to us. My scream only attracted more. This was it. This was how I was going to die.

"Umma! Appa! Save me!" I yelped out. "Baekhyun! I'm sorry! You helped me! You gave me happiness! I'm sorry." I yelled out of instinct. I was certain they were destined to be my last words.

"We're not dying today." He growled.

I opened my eyes and saw him reach into his pocket. He pulled out a pocket sized mirror.

"What the do you expect that to do?! We're gonna die!" I shouted. Tears were springing from my eyes at this point. It was complete chaos.

He shone the mirror at the Jiang Shi infront of us. And as if like magic, it turned into dust. 

I froze. What the heck just happened?

"How... How did you..."

"There's no time to talk." He grabbed my forearm and turned every Jiang Shi in our way  into smitherines. Once we were atleast a little bit out in the open he interlocked his hand in mine as we ran off.

The sun was begining to rise just as we got to the palace. We stood beside one of the grey brick walls catching our breath.

"Well, still hate me?" He smirked.

I glared at him.

Even at a chaotic time like this,
He was still the same old Baekhyun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!
The writing of this chapter didn't go quite as I wanted it to... But I hope you still enjoyed it. Once again, sorry for any mispellings or grammar mistakes. I dont tend to re-read my writing simply because it takes so long because I have the attention span of a goldfish ANYWHO, I know that most of you lovely readers obviously like exo, so I would really appreciate it if you was to go read my good friends fanfiction 'the desire of belonging' it is one of the best LuHan fanfictions I have read in a long time and I'm sure you will like it to. The author is a good friend of mine in real life and this fanfic is a real good representation of her imaginative and creative side so please please please give it a try I will love you forever because I am also the Co-author! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/904021/the-desire-of-belonging-angst-drama-sliceoflife-luhan-kris-yifei

Enjoy this amazing fic! 

I hope you are all having a good day and happy readings my loves!

Byee!