Chapter 36

To Kill A Vampire

Hello there readers! Just two quick things I want to say... 

Thank you guys so much for 100 subscribers! I've never had so many and I was ever so happy to see that there are literally 100 people that actually liked my story enough to subscribe to it! Thank you all so much!❤️

Lastly, after this chapter there will only be 3 more left until the end! I'll be so upset to finish this fic since it's one of my favourites and I've had so much writing this story! But all things must come to an end...

Anywho, I hope you enjoy this chapter and have a good day!~

~

My eyes were blurry and my head was spinning like crazy. I was laying on, what felt like, cold marble flooring. I sat up, aching as if I had just woken up from a long sleep. I looked around the room and felt as if I had seen it before, although I could not put my finger on it. The layout was the same as my apartment, except the colour scheme was much more darker.

"He's awake." I heard a boy's voice say in the distance. I turned around to try and see where the boy was.

"Hey, are you alright?" I heard another voice say.

I looked the other way and could finally see one of the boy's coming closer to me. Once again, I know that I had seen him before. I just couldn't figure out where.

"You might remember us... We were... Baekhyun's old friends." He explained, sounding a little awkward.

That's when it clicked.

These were the 's from before. These were the guys that Baekhyun was always trying to impress. These were the guys that tried to torture me and make a fool of me. I immediately gained my senses back and tried to shuffle away from them. 

"No no! We're not gonna hurt you! We're helping! We saved you from those Strigoi!" The same boy tried to explain. His face looked sincere, yet I didn't know whether to trust him.

"Stri- Strigoi?... Wh-Where is... Baek... Baekhyun! Where is he?!" I shouted, my breathing pacing up and my nerves running high.

"We couldn't save him! We wanted to, but we couldn't... He got taken away... They didn't hurt him... They just handcuffed him and took him away." He explained.

"Wait, what?! They took him?! Where did they take him?!" I shouted.

"We don't know!" He shouted back. I needed to calm down. They seemed to be sincere and they actually did save me from the guards. Maybe I should just hear them out.

"I know we haven't gotten on in the past, but after Baekhyun punished us we came to our senses. We weren't good people. But we've changed. Trust us, we want to help. We want to repay you..." The boy said with a smile. He held his hand out to help me up. I didn't move for a moment, but I ended up taking it.

He helped me stand up and walked me over to the sofa. I sat down and started to recollect myself and think straight. 

"How long ago did they take Baekhyun away?" I asked.

"About half an hour ago." Another boy said. 

"Do you know where they took him?"

"We don't know... But my guess would be that they took him to the palace." 

I nodded. Who knows what they were doing to him. I needed to go there. I needed to help him. What if they were hurting him? Then I remembered. How did they know that he might be at my apartment? Baekhyun killed the guard that recognised me so how did the others know? The only explanation could be that...

"They know about me and Baekhyun." I snapped.

"I need to go. I've gotta leave!" I worried standing up and running to the door. 

"Chanyeol! It's nighttime! The sun is out! If you don't get there quickly you could get hurt! Don't risk it!"

"If that's what it takes to get to Baekhyun then I'll do it! I know he'd do it for me!" And before they even had the chance to stop me I was running out of their apartment and down the corridor to where the stairs were. I sprinted down them and through the lobby making it out into the street. I didn't stop once as I ran all the way to the palace. My legs were hurting and my lungs felt dry, but I couldn't waste another second without knowing if Baekhyun was okay.

A few more streets and I was finally outside the palace. The skin of my face felt irritated. I couldn't spend much more time in the sun. I had to get in quickly. I couldn't see any of the guards outside. I didn't wait for any to come out either. I pulled myself up onto the railings and managed to climb up to the top. I let go of the railings and landed on the other side of the gate. I ran down the stone path leading to the door and stopped as I got up the stairs. I didn't want to alert anyone, so slowly and gently, I opened the door. 

I peeked inside and the place was silent. I couldn't see or hear anyone. I stepped in and kept close to the walls. My first instinct was to look in the living room. Maybe because it was the closest, or maybe I actually thought they would go easy on him and simply lecture him in there. I was so naive.

I pushed my ear against the closed doors. I couldn't hear a thing. 

"Chanyeol." 

I brought my hand up to my heart. Thankfully I didn't scream. It was YiFei. She scared me, I though I was done for.

"I can help you get to Baekhyun." She whispered. "But you have to be sharp and make sure that you do everything I say." She seemed so smooth as she spoke, but there was also a hint of worry.

I nodded. I just needed to see if he was okay. She turned around and disappeared. Literally.

"YiFei?" 

"My power is invisibility remember? I'll walk in front and make sure the coast is clear. I'll clap my hands to let you know when it's okay to move. I'll clap twice if you need to hide. Just listen carefully." She explained. 

I stood there. Unaware of where she might be. I heard a small clap come from just behind the staircase. I quickly and quietly walked over to the stairs and followed the single clap. A door opened. It was dark inside so I couldn't see where it lead to, but I had to trust YiFei. I heard the second clap come from inside. I took in a deep breath and pushed all my fears aside. I walked into the darkness and shut the door behind me.

I heard a clap in the distance and walked straight forward. I felt a small hand touch my shoulder. "There are stairs coming up. Be careful."

I nodded and waited for her clap. I waited. And I waited. Until finally I heard the clap echo up the stairs. I made my way down with my hand resting against the wall for support. It was a long staircase. That's when I figured it must have lead to a basement. I had finally reached the last few stairs and that's when I could see a dim light a few steps away from me. 

YiFei finally appeared in front of me and gave me a soft smile. 

"He's just over there... None of us have spoken to him yet... I'll watch the door..." She said as she walked back up the stairs, once again turning invisible.

I looked over at where the single lantern was placed. Everything else was pitch black. I walked further and further until I could see a faint set of bars. I inched only a few steps closer until I could finally see what was in front of me.

Baekhyun was inside the cell. His wrists cuffed in a thick metal which lead to a long chain connected to the wall. He was curled up in a ball, his head hidden in his crossed arms. He looked like an animal which had been left there to rot. 

"Baek..." I whispered.

He peered up at me. His eyes were glassy and swollen. 

"Chan?..." He croaked.

"Chan!" He beamed weakly. He crawled up to the front of the cage. I fell to my knees, not even bothering to hold back the tears. My arms stretched between the bars and just about fit around his cold body. We lean't our heads against the bars, knowing that if we could, we would kiss each other more passionately than we ever had before. 

"Baby, baby! Don't cry! Don't be upset! I'm gonna get out of here!" He said. Heaven knows why he was telling me to stop crying when he was doing so himself.

"... I thought you was... " I barely managed to sniffle out a word.

"Chan... It's okay baby, we're gonna get through this... You shouldn't be worrying about me..." He said trying to act like the tough one again.

"I-I had to... I had to... See you..." I said, my breathing hitching in between.

"Baek... H-How do they... T-They know about... Us..."

"Mi never died... That , that... Suitor... She never died..." He said.

I looked up shocked. Through my stream of tears I gave him a questioning look.

"Well... She died for a moment... But when I left her Aunt came into the room... Her Aunt she... She inherits... Resurgence..." He explained. I didn't understand.

"It's the power to bring the dead back to life..." He said.

I didn't say a word. It was like everything in this world was against us. Why couldn't things just work in our favour for once.

"When Mi woke up... She went crazy... She started turning my room upside down and... When she did... She found the locket that you lost..."

My heart sank. I felt like this was my fault. If I hadn't of been so stupid as to leave it here she wouldn't have known about us. I looked down and let the tears fall from my face to the cold ground. 

Baekhyun tried to bring his hand through the bars, yet he yelped in pain and brought his hands right back to where they were before. It was as if there was an electrical current running through the shackles. I looked at Baekhyun through my teary eyes and gave him a questioning look. He simply shrugged, not seeming to care about the pain he was being put through.

He was smiling, but I knew it was just to try and make me feel better. I sighed and instead put my hand through the bars to rest it on his. His fingers were so cold. How long had he been down here? They couldn't treat him like this. How could they treat him as if he was some kind of wild beast.

That's when I heard two light claps come from up the stairs. I snapped out of my depressed state and started hurrying around looking for a place to hide.

"Chan, what are you-" 

I shushed him quiet and motioned for him to go back to where he was. I found a large pile of crates stacked up in the corner of the room. I shuffled behind them and found a place where I could see what was going on without being seen myself.

The sound of high-heels clicking down the stairs became louder and louder. It sounded as if there were heavy steps following behind it, but I wouldn't be able to make out how many people were coming down the stairs until I actually saw them.

The first person I saw was Mi, the suitor. She looked pale and ghostly. Her hair was matted and her eyes were dark. She actually looked as if she had just woke from the dead.

The next person to follow after her was Baekhyun's father, the King. He was wearing a simple maroon shirt and a pair of black trousers. Of course, he was tall and you could tell that his power was strength just by the masculine look of his arms.

The last person to follow behind them was Baekhyun's mother, the Queen. She looked the same as always. Her hair was still perfect and pinned up in place. Her outfit was a light mint colour. It was as if she was going to a party or something. Her son was locked up in a cage and she was still all dressed up? What kind of mother was she...

"Baekhyun... I thought I had raised you better than this. I didn't think that I could raise a murderer-"

"You're a murderer yourself!" Baekhyun spat back at his father.

"Did I ask for your contribution?!" He boomed back even louder. 

"Anyway..." He said after a moment of silence. "I never thought that you could end up like this. You're not well Baekhyun. A Strigoi boy shouldn't act like this. This isn't who you are... A murderer! What were you thinking Baekhyun?!... I am ashamed at what you have become..." 

Baekhyun didn't once look away or show any fear. He was staying strong despite how annoyed or irritated he must have been feeling from his father's contradicting words.

"And that... That boy... A Dhamphir boy?! How did you even meet him?! We raised you better than to be hanging around with those low life scum!"

"They aren't like that!" Baekhyun screamed.

"No! They're less than that!" 

Mi and Baekhyun's mother stood there with their arms folded. It was like they were watching a little child get a scolding.

"What is he to you?" He said in a threatening tone. He lean't down so that his face was level with Baekhyun's. "A friend?... An acquaintance?... What?"

Baekhyun looked at him. His red eyes burning straight through him.

"He's my husband." He said simply.

My eyes widened in shock. Why would he tell the truth? He's just making it worse isn't he?!

"You... Married him?... That... Lousy Dhamphir rat!" His father yelled and kicked the bars, causing Baekhyun to fall back from the power.

"That's it! This is the end of you!" His dad boomed. Baekhyun's mother stepped forward and grabbed onto his arms.

"No no, not yet... I... I can't... Not my baby... Not yet..." His mother said, obviously putting on a sad act.

"What Mom? Are you trying to act like you actually gave a damn about me? If you did, you would let me out! You wouldn't be letting Dad treat my like a ing animal! You would let me be who the I am! I'm gay and I'm in love with a Dhamphir!" Baekhyun shouted.

"No... I may have given birth to you... But you are no longer my son... Although it pains me... Because whenever I look at your face... I only see my baby boy..." She said starting to cry. 

"Aw... Poor you... , I tried to be the perfect son for so ing long! And that didn't get me nowhere! Did you forget about the time you was so angry at Dad that you took your anger out on me?! I was 10 years old! And you kicked me down the stairs! But of course... You look at me and see your baby boy... Don't you?" Baekhyun spat. 

"Shut up... Just shut up!" His Mother screamed.

"... Tomorrow..." I heard her whisper to his Father.

His Father nodded and sighed. He turned around and walked back up the stairs with his Mother following behind him. Mi turned around and made sure they were gone, and once she heard the door slam shut, her body language switched completely.

"You stupid, pathetic little boy. I can't believe you thought you could keep your little Dhamphir boyfriend a secret. Oh wait! He's not your boyfriend is he? Haha! You're pitiful!" 

"Not as pitiful as the amount of boys you've secretly been with... What do you think people would do to you if they found out how many have been in your mouth?" Baekhyun asked sarcastically.

"Shut up as if anyone's gonna believe you, you're a disgrace." She scoffed and crossed her arms. Her crimson eyes shone through her hair and I could see the vicious gleam that filled them.

"Those shackles... They're draining your powers you know... That's why you're getting so sleepy..." She said with an evil tone in her voice.

I looked at Baekhyun. He was starting to look a little woozy. He looked as if he was tipsy or something.

"But it isn't gonna kill you just yet... Like your of a Mother said... Tomorrow." She snickered.

They were killing him?! He was gonna be dead by tomorrow?! 

"I can't see why she's waiting 'til tomorrow, she's been wanting to get rid of you since birth. She wanted a daughter you know... She said boy's were too much to handle. What a bitc-"

A knife was swung straight through her back. It went straight through her chest. Her body went limp and collapsed onto the floor.

"I always hated that spoiled little brat." I heard a female voice say.

That's when YiFei appeared behind Mi's dead body. She kicked the dead girl's legs out of the way and walked forward to the bars of the cell.

"YiFei!" I said in relief.

"There's no time to waste. Chanyeol, find the key hanging up on that wall over there." She ordered pointing to the wall behind her. I stood up and took no time in finding the single copper key. I passed it to YiFei and she swiftly unlocked the cage. She walked over to where Mi was laying and yanked the knife out of her back. She walked into the cell where Baekhyun was still knelt on the floor.

"You're not gonna cut my hands off are you?!" 

"You idiot." She laughed. "But you might get a little cut on your wrist." She said.

She took the knife and found where the shackles connected. She slipped the edge of the blade in the crevice and slammed it into the thick metal. Baekhyun hissed in pain as the chain fell from his wrist and onto the floor. 

"! Careful YiFei!"

"A little paper cut is better than dying isn't it?! Now c'mon we don't have time."

She quickly got to work on the second shackle, and once again Baekhyun had earned another small cut from the knife.

"The girls are upstairs waiting, we're gonna get you two out of here. We have to be quick." She said as she quickly ran up the stairs with me and Baekhyun following behind her.

"Where are you gonna hide us?" Baekhyun asked.

"The only place the don't check. The place that they haven't bothered to check since the first time you went missing."

"Where?!" 

"The maids rooms."