Chapter 29

To Kill A Vampire

I'm so sorry it took me this long to update guys! I've been either too busy to write or just too distracted to finish this chapter. So apologies. Also excuse any spelling mistakes I've made, I kind of rushed it because I wanted to update quicker >.< also keep the upvotes and comments coming guys! Much love for those who comment!~ anywho enjoy!

…………………………………………………………

A light shade of grey took over the sky. Even the simple look of the day was gloomy. The air was still and neither hot or cold. Everything felt numb as we all stood around and watched the black glossy coffin slowly lower into the ground. 

The graveyard smelt of moss and damp mud. Nothing here was welcoming at all from the large black gates to the millions of engraved stone slabs scattered everywhere. Everywhere you looked was death. And the place reaked of it.

Small droplets of rain hit my skin every once in a while, it was definetely going to rain soon. The soil underneath my shoes was moist and it felt like it was going to drag me into the earth at some points. 

My right arm was linked with Baekhyun's and as I lean't my head on his shoulder, Yoon-A's coffin finally hit the ground. 

"Family, Friends. We are gathered here today for the remembrance of Im Yoon-A."

The priest went on, reciting something from the Bible. Not that I was listening. It had been 3 months since she died. Winter was coming and the cold chill in the air indicated that well. I remember the night she was killed. Me and Baekhyun stayed up in silence the whole night. I was obviously upset, whilst Baekhyun was trying his hardest to comfort me. He was trying to stay strong for my sake. I wanted to stop being so depressing so that he didn't feel like he had to be the tough one, but I couldn't stop. I hated being so sensitive.

"Each of you shall now say a few words in her remembrance." The priest smiled. It was almost frightening how happy he looked. He burried dead bodies for a living. Surely, it's got to be a little bit depressing.

The first to speak was a maid that I didn't know the name of.

"I was one of Yoon-A's closest work mates. She was like a sister to me and- and she always managed to stay so ha- happy." She was stuttering and seemed like she was already going to burst into tears.

"I'm going to miss her. That's all I can say before I start crying." She tried to smile, but it came out as a weak grin. Next it was time for Baekhyun to speak.

"Um, Yoon-A was very close to me... I could trust her with everything. I remember when I was 13 years old and she first started the job, she was like a second mother to me. She was so caring and I could always tell her how I felt... She didn't deserve this..." He sounded awkward, almost worried. I guess you would feel a bit bad knowing that it was your father who had killed her.

"I know that she's in a better place now..." He muttered at the end.

That's when everyone turned to me and looked at me with their sympathetic, teary eyes. Hoping for me to probably say something depressing about her death. But I couldn't I had to tell the truth, I was becoming a new person.

"Uh... I never knew Yoon-A for that long, but within that short amount of time, she had become one of the very few people I trusted. When I lost my parents I had to face the facts that no matter how much you love someone, their death should not hurt you. You have to move on with your life. You can remember their love and it's only normal to feel grief. But you must persevere. There is so much more to life than crying over someone who has only once existed. You have to move on. I didn't leave my house because of fear. My parent's death haunted me and up until last year I never thought I could love again. I thought I had nothing to live for. And all it took was one little chance. A change. A new relationship. And here I am today. Standing here just as optimistic as Yoon-A was. So please, for Yoon-A's sake, don't remember her in pain. Remember her in happiness." I said.

No one said a word. Although I felt like my words had lifted some of the sadness in the air. I mean't every word I said. I wished I had met Baekhyun sooner. Think of all the more memories we would have had. 

"Well... Let's continue..." The priest cleared his throat and carried on with his prayers. Baekhyun nudged my arm lightly and shot me a warm smile. He then lean't closer to me slightly and whispered,

"I'm so ing proud of you Babe." 

"Don't swear, there's a religious man about. It's not respectful." I whispered back. He giggled quietly and went back to listening to the funeral.

I looked up at the sky and started to see the darkness breaking through the grey clouds. I felt so happy these last three months. I was a new person. Me and Baekhyun were hanging out alot, we were learning so much about each other and becoming more loving each day.

I lost my ity to him about a month ago. It was the most amazing feeling I'd ever experienced. It wasn't rough, but it was intense. He was gentle to me and took much care. It brought us closer together physically and emotionally. Our relationship felt just that little bit more complete. 

Once the funeral was over everyone seemed to just fade away whilst me and Baekhyun wondered around the graveyard. We never said anything to each other, we just walked arm-in-arm strolling past the graves.

Baekhyun was wearing a well-tailored black suit with a red tie. Despite the smartness of his suit, he wore a pair of red trainers. It didn't go. His outfits never usually did. It seemed like whenever he dressed in smart clothes he just had to find a way to bring in some casual wear. I had learned over the last 3 months that he never actually gets to do what he wants.

For example, last week he was going to a party. I obviously couldn't go. His parent's were going in the car with him and I simply wouldn't be accepted into the party. But I snuck into his room while he was getting dressed and he told me that he had fought with his mother. He aparently had his outfit all planned out, but his mom changed it to something completely different at the last minute. He said that she always did that. I didn't really think it was that much of a problem. But obviously, he has a great love for fashion. His clothes matter to him. I understand how it could be frustrating. 

We walked past the graves, slowly strolling down the lanes between them.

'Lee Jae-Hyuk. A husband, A son and a loving friend.' I read one of the gravestones in my head.

'Rest In Peace Yang Sang-Mi. You will always be loved.'

'In rememberance of Soo Mina.'

"Chan..." Baekhyun piped up. His voice sounded sudden. I turned around and noticed him staring at two graves. I walked closer to them, letting my arm slip away from his grip. I fell to my knees as I read them both.

It was my parent's graves. 

Their names were engraved in cursive on the bulky, black granite headstone.

"Haven't you ever visited their graves before?..." Baekhyun said.

"... I didn't even know they had graves..." I admitted.

For a whole two months after they died I locked myself in my bedroom and refused to leave. I never spoke to anyone and only ever opened the door if somebody was passing me food. So my best guess was that they were given a grave within those two months. I was obviously never told.

I breathed out heavily, the air condensing into smoke. The temperature of the air seemed to drop at the sight of their headstones. Every other grave around had atleast a single gift placed on it.
A rose, a bouquet, a card. 
Yet my parents graves were empty. 
Lonely. 
Drained from a single symbol of love. 

I stood up quickly. My hands shaking. I covered my face up as I started to feel myself welling up. My lungs tightened and my heart pumped heavily. My eyes started to water. I turned away from the graves and closed my eyes tight. 

"Hello..." I heard Baekhyun mumbled. I stopped sobbing, but I didn't open my eyes. What on earth was he doing.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun... Your son's boyfriend..." He said.

I opened my eyes and turned around to look at him. He was on the floor facing my parent's graves with his legs crossed and his hands clasped together.

"I know your bodies aren't actually here... But this makes me feel alot at ease... I want to thank you both for creating this wonderful man... This young boy who changed me for the best..." He continued. 

I sniffled up and took a step closer to him. He was being genuine. He wasn't doing this to make me feel better. He was doing this for his own purpose. It was so heartwarming.

"You raised him well for the years you had him... You didn't deserve what happened to you... You didn't deserve to go... But I promise you... I will look after him now... I promise to do just as good a job as you did... I'll be the exact opposite of my parents... I'll keep him happy... And I'll never break his heart... I wasn't the best person to him at first... But it was only his love that made me change... The love that you gave him... The love you left him with..." He went on. 

I sat down behind him and rested my chin on his shoulder, my arms wrapping around his waist.

"I know you guys are up there somewhere... Looking down on your son... Smiling..." He added finally. A gust of wind hit us and made me look up around the cemetery. It had become much more empty than before. 

"C'mon... Let's go..." I smiled kissing Baekhyun on the cheek before standing up and walking out of the graveyard with him.

~~~~~

I slammed my front door behind me before following Baekhyun into the living room. He was sprawled out on the couch with his trainers already kicked off and his suit blazer flung across the floor.

"What a freaking day." He sighed.

"Yeah... It has been a bit morbid hasn't it?" I replied. I lifted his head up and placed myself underneath him so that he was now laying on my lap. I his hair gently as we let the warmth of my apartment sink into our skin.

"I feel like were a real couple." Baekhyun blurted out.

"We are a real couple." I chuckled.

"No, I mean like one of those old married couples. Those couples that are comfortable enough to just slump onto the couch after a long day, those couples that just act as if they have been together for centuries. You know?" He tried to explain.

I got the jist of what he was saying. He just felt comfortable, that's all. But it was good to know that he was happy in this relationship. I believe that the key to a healthy relationship is happiness between the two. 

"Yeah, we are really comfortable with each other. I like it... I've never been this content with life." I admitted.

"Well ofcourse. Anyone would be ecstatic with me around." He laughed.

"Oi, don't flatter yourself. You aren't that special." I smirked. I managed to get my own back on him these past few months. I've been able to turn the tables and make him the joke. I'm now the one that mostly smirks at him.

"Wow rude..." He laughed. "Oh yeah! I almost forgot! I bought you a gift..." He continued. He stood up and walked over to where his blazer was. He reached into the pocket and pulled out a small box. It was a light blue colour and seemed expensive judging by the material. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"Close your eyes." He smiled.

I did as I was told and shut my eyes tight. I could feel a cold, thin chain be placed around my neck. 

"Open your eyes!" He said. I opened them and looked down. I lifted up the little locket hanging from the chain and smiled widely. It was a oval shape and the intricate design was obviously hand crafted. I recognised this design. Ofcourse I recognised it. It was my fathers first ever design. 

"You bought this from my father's jewellery store didn't you?" I smiled. He was so sweet.

"Yeah... But that one is special. That's the original one." He said. 

I was shocked. How the heck did he find this? My father told me that he had locked it in a safe somewhere. How the heck did he even find it? It was my fathers biggest secret.

"Your dad's friend who now owns the company isn't a very trustworthy man. He opened the safe right infront of me. He's not a very good business man either since I got it for free." He laughed.

"Didn't he know you was the prince?"

"Well I guess that also why he backed down so easily, but that's not really important." He snickered. "I have a similar one too. So when we finally get a picture of together we can both have the same picture with us at all times." He added taking out his locket from underneath his shirt. 

"Well, should we take a picture now?" I asked.

"No... Let's go out tonight. We'll go straight into the heart of the city and dine at the finest restruant. It'll be the best date ever. It'll be so good it will have to go in the history books as 'The Best Date Ever'." He joked. 

"Seriously? We could just take a picture now." 

"No. It needs to be special. It needs to be a picture that reminds us of the happiest time of our lives. It has to be just as special as the day I met you." He said seriously before kissing my lips tenderly.

"You're so cheesy." I laughed looking deep into his eyes.

"But you love me..."