Chapter 24

To Kill A Vampire

Sorry this chapter took so long to update. I have changed the plot of this chaoter about 3 times and only today have I decided on one that I actually like. Hopefully you readers do to. P.s: Thank you guys for 66 subscribers! I haven't had that many before and I am so glad so many of you like this story hopefully as much as I like writing it! Anywho, enjoy!

----------------------------

Baekhyun was right.

All of these girls were terrible choices. Not that they wasn't beautiful or that they was stupid, but they were so damn prejudice. I think I heard one girl say that any Strigoi who ends up in working class is a disgrace. How could anybody have the nerve to say that? For all she knew she could end up like that one day. 

We had been downstairs for almost an hour now, but all I could think about was that moment I had upstairs with Baekhyun. I was absolutely aching to touch him like that again. I had never had such an intimate moment with anyone before and I was craving it more and more as the evening went on.

I knew that I would have to go home tonight, and that frustrated me more than anything. All I wanted to do was drag him upstairs right now and pin him to the bed so that I could have my way with him. However, I still wasn't sure whether he was comfortable with this anymore. When we first became friends he striked me as the kind of person to be constantly having . But how wrong was I. He's a , like me. 

Despite his ity, he still managed to make me feel things that I had never felt before. It's like he has awakened my uality. As a teenager I never looked anyone in a ual way, I was always moping around and contemplating my entire existence. All that has completely changed now me and Baekhyun are together. He has given me another chance at youth, our relationship is helping me to open up and really let myself be... Well, Me.

"So, Chanyeol is it?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the girl standing to my left. She had shoulder length blonde hair and a round face. She looked like a nice person, until you got to hear her story about how she graduated from St. Vlad's school of Annihilation. In other words, she studied every blood vessel in the human body and her exam was to drink the blood of as many people she could. Lovely.

"Uh, yes. Park Chanyeol." I cleared my throat awkwardly. None of these girls had spoken to me all night. I almost hoped it would stay that way.

"That's nice. So, you're a prince too?" Another one asked. She had short, black bobbed hair and very sharp cheek bones. She looked like a typical female Strigoi.

"Um, not quite yet... But I am coming up in the world..." I nervously lied. Baekhyun discreetly tapped my back and gave me a soft smile. I think I did well. Not that it would be hard to lie to these girls or anything.

"Oh... Okay. So, Baekhyun. What do you look for in a girl?" The same girl asked. She asked the question very confidently and earned a few edgy looks from some of the other girls. It obviously was a very blunt question to ask. Despite that though, every girl immediately turned their attention to Baekhyun. 

"Well..." He sighed. His attitude had changed within an instant to a calm and conversational mood to one of frustration and agitation. It was obvious that he hated that question, and honestly the fact that they had asked my boyfriend that almost got to me too. Almost.

"I look for a girl who, ofcourse, has a sense of humour." He smiled sarcastically. Yet none of the girls seemed to notice his sarcasm. They were still listening intently to him, hanging onto his every word. 

"She needs to have a great smile. And obviously a nice body. If she's too skinny then she isn't worth being with. A girl has to have curves or it disgusts me." Considering that every girl standing around us was stick thin, he had obviously hurt many of them. 

"And she needs to wait on me 24/7. If she can't cook or can't do everything for me then I have no interest in her. Also she needs to be able to let me go out. All the time. Who knows when I could meet someone better?" He added. 

Every girl standing there was positively disgusted with his words. They all had either a face of shock or hatred. One by one they all walked off into their groups of friends, obviously talking about how rude Baekhyun was.

"Wow. That was a bit harsh." I scoffed turning to face him.

"I had to lie. They wouldn't leave. I never mean't any of that, I wouldn't be so stupid to believe those things about women. I think every woman is beautiful in their own way and you know I believe that." That was true. He was respectful of women, well from what I've seen so far.

"But now they're gone, I can tell you how dashing you look tonight Mr. Park Chanyeol." He said putting on a fake upper-class accent.

"Why, Thank you Mr. Byun. Might I say you are looking quite the part yourself." I replied using the same accent. Baekhyun laughed, his sharp, glistening white fangs appearing. He had such a cute face, but if you took one look at his mouth you would swear he was a killer. 

"Oh yeah! I haven't finished explaining the origins of the pins!" Baekhyun beamed. He gestured for me to follow him over to a sofa in the corner of the room. The seats were padded well and the arms were made of gold, along with the legs of the sofa. Everything in this room infact was way too over the top.

"Okay, I think we got up to the part where Tae-Min meets Min-Ho am I right? Well, Tae-Min and Min-Ho ended up falling in love within one day. Although Tae-Min wanted to stay, she was worried about her family. It was lucky that he left, because he was not aware of the time limit. He made it home just in time. He found himself sneaking out everynight to be with Min-Ho. Their love affair went on for years and years. Soon enough, they had created the first Dhamphir. They had a little girl and named her Kalonice."

"Why Kalonice?" I asked. I had never heard a name like that before.

"Kalonice is name that means the 'Victory of Beauty'. And she had earned her beauty indeed. She was gorgeous." He explained.

"Wait, if they were so happy together and people were not aware of their relationship then why was there love not mean't to be?" I asked.

"It was because of Min-Ho. He was so happy that he decided to start telling people about the love he had found with the fanged girl. At the time, the only vampires who ever went to the human world were the collectors. The earliest of collectors were hidden well  and never ever seen, so the humans never knew anything about us. But when Min-Ho started telling people about Tae-Min, that's when people started to change. Some believed Min-Ho, some didn't. The people who believed Min-Ho were intrigued and wanted to see the Vampire for themselves. Min-Ho wanted to prove the rest that he was right, that he wasn't crazy, that the Vampire was real. The town he lived in was only small, yet every person who lived there still gathered to see whether or not the Vampire existed. When Tae-Min finally appeared, with their daughter in her arms. Tae-Min was petrified. Almost every member in the town was shocked. The so-called 'beast' lived. I will spare you the bloody details. But the town ended up capturing Tae-Min and murdering him." He told me.

My eyes were wide open with shock. They killed him?! 

"Surely that's not the end. That can't be the end!"

"It's not. Luckily, Min-Ho and Kalonice survived. Min-Ho took it into his own hands to tell Tae-Min's parents what had happened. He found a way through the portal and roamed the Vampire world until he found the King and Queen. They treated MinHo like some sort of virus. He told them all that had happened and how Tae-Min had passed. But they didn't feel any remorse. They only felt even more hatred towards the human world. They ended up be-heading Min-Ho and keeping Kalonice locked up in a tower." 

"C'mon, how more depressing can this story get? And you stil haven't explained why the Dhamphirs wear rose pins and the Strigoi's wear daggers!" I complained.

"Calm down! Fine, I'll fast forward to Kalonice's 16th birthday. She had been locked up ever since her parent's died. Over the last 16 years the King and Queen had lied to the world and told them that Tae-Min died of natural causes. They did not want more Dhamphirs breeding. However, Kalonice knew the truth. She had inherited her father's courage and her mother's skill. She found a way out of the tower and started telling people about her race. The Dhamphir race. Her small tribe had a symbol, a single red rose. The government had tried to stop her and her gang, but she was too sneaky. She always managed to slip out of their reach. Slowly, the Dhamphir race started to grow and grow. Soon enough, by the time she was 30 there were more than a few Dhamphirs to help her kill the King and Queen. She wanted her revenge. She wanted to kill the people who killed her parents and locked her up her whole life. And sweet revenge was what she got. She murdered the Royals and took over the kingdom." 

"Yay!" I smiled. 

"Until she got assasinated by the Queens second cousin at the age of 43." He finished.

"Oh... The ending wasn't too good then..." I sulked.

"Yeah... It's a pretty depressing ending. But just think, if Kalonice hadn't have been assasinated I could've been a poor boy living on the streets while you sat here in this huge mansion." He said.

"That wouldn't have been too bad I guess." I laughed. "But that still doesn't explain the difference in pins?" 

"Well, since there were so many Dhamphirs being created, the Strigoi eventually had to settle things with them. However, they had to create some sort of division so that people could immediately know if you were a Strigoi or a Dhamphir straight away. So the pins were created. The Strigoi were given gold and the Dhamphir were given silver. The legend says that it's because silver represents 'second place' and the the Dhamphirs are the second kind of vampires. I think it's the greed and predjudice of the early Strigoi's. And remember how Kalonice's gang had a symbol which was a single rose? That's what represents the Dhamphir pin. And the Strigoi pin is a dagger because a dagger to the heart is the only way to kill a vampire." He explained.

"But my parent's were killed by the Jiang Shi? They died without a dagger to the heart." I said trying my absolute hardest not to choke on those words. That's the last thing I needed, bursting into tears again.

"Well... You might not feel comfortable hearing this..." He mumbled.

"What? If its about my parents tell me. I need to know as much as I can so that I can actually stay safe myself." I genuinly wanted to know. No matter if it hurt me or not.

"Okay... Vampires who die without their heart being removed or dismissed... Become Jiang Shi's." He told me.

I was taken aback for sure. So that mean't my parents became Jiang Shi's. I let out a deep breath and nodded, biting my lip. I wasn't expecting it at all. But I had to find out someday.

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

"It's not your fault." I smiled.

"...I'll take care of you..." He mumbled after a while. I lifted my head looking up at his glassy eyes and apologetic look. He was so sweet.

"I won't let anyone hurt you for as long as I live." He added. If he kept this up I was gonna have to kiss him right here right now. He sounded so genuine and heroic. 

"Baekhyun! Quickly! Over here! There's a girl here who I think is absolutely perfect!" His mother in. I saw Baekhyun roll his eyes. Way to break up a sweet moment. His mother quickly hurried off leaving us alone once again.

"Sorry, gotta go talk to another . Wish me luck. I'll try and be back here soon." He laughed.

"You know I think I'm gonna head off home." I yawned. I was actually tired. It had been a busy day. 

"What? Ugh... Okay.... But before you go..." As soon as he said those words it was as if time stood still. Literally. The whole room freezed and fell to silence.

"Whoa, I rarely ever get to use this power." He smiled feeling very proud of himself obviously. He walked closer to me and pulled me into a kiss. It was only an innocent kiss, no tongues were involved. But it was deep and loving. It mean't something. We stayed like that for a second until Baekhyun broke the kiss and brung the room back to normal speed. No one in the room was aware of what we had just done. I couldn't decide what was cooler.

The way that he had just made time stand still, or the fact that this beautiful, talented and strong guy was my boyfriend. 

"I'll see you around, Dhamphir." He shot me a wink and left me there to let the kiss sink in.