Chapter 31

To Kill A Vampire

"Twinkle twinkle little star." Baekhyun whispered, my hand in his and my ring sparkling from the light in my living room. "I love you so much." Baekhyun said leaning down and placing a kiss on my forehead. My head was resting on his lap while the rest of my body was layed across the sofa.

"5 months. Can you believe it's been 5 months since you proposed." I sighed with a smile. Baekhyun breathed lightly and my hair softly.

We had been married 5 whole months. Not legally, but we just said that we was. The day after he proposed we ran away into a far away field and had a little make believe ceremony by ourselves. We kissed and properly gave each other our rings. It was small and unrealistic, it seemed like something children would do. But isn't that all we are?

Kids in love?

"I wanna have children with you someday." Baekhyun said.

"Alright then. But you're giving birth." I laughed sarcastically.

"No... Ugh, you know what I mean. I wish we could run away together. Just me, you and the world." He said.

We paused for a moment, until the silly idea slipped away. We couldn't run away together, it'd be impossible. We'd get caught, and who knows what could happen afterwards.

Our peaceful moment was interupted by three sharp bangs on the door.

"Who the heck is that?" I whispered getting up from Baekhyun's lap. The only person that actually knows where I live is Baekhyun. And judging by the knock, the people outside didn't seem too nice. Baekhyun got up and crept towards the door. 

", it's the guards." He whispered frantically. 

"Out the window!" I hurriedly said. We had planned an escape route for emergencies like this. I lived on the top floor, so there was no way that he could fall out of the window. However, he found out that the building next door was close enough so that he could climb to the top of that building and then stretch over to where my window was. That was how he got into my house that one night when we broke up. 

We rushed into my bedroom and opened the window. He slipped one leg out, not before turning back and kissing me, just like some kind of superhero would in a movie.

"I'll be back tonight okay?" He said. Another sharp and heavy knock was thrown upon my door. "Tell me what they came here for and how they got here alright? Stay safe baby." He quickly said and kissed me once more before climbing over to the opposite window. I nodded and closed the window. I recollected myself and hurried over to the front door. 

There they were. Two tall and beefy Strigoi's standing strongly infront of my door, both about 2 feet taller than me and maybe 3 times more muscular.

"Can I help you?" I barely muttered out.

"We're looking for the young Prince, Byun Baekhyun." One of them hissed in a deep and booming voice.

"Well, um... I- I certainly haven't seen him around here- I mean why would a Prince be-"

"He hasn't returned home for a very important meeting. So, her Royal Highness The Queen, sent us to find the young man. We heard a rumour a few weeks ago which entailed that somebody had seen the Prince wandering around these areas." The other guard interupted.

"Oh... Well, Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have a clue." I awkwardly replied. I could see their eyes piercing right through me, trying to look for some kind of hint that I was lying. 

"We'll be on our way..." One said and they walked off. I shut my door and let out a deep breath. 

I lean't against the door and slid down it. My heart was beating heavily and my breathing was loud, that one moment was so intense. I stood up quickly and ran into my bedroom. I grabbed some clothes and got changed out of my pyjamas. I then jogged back out to the hallway, grabbed my door keys and slipped out of my apartment, avoiding the guards on my way out. 

I ran through the streets, making my way to the palace. This had never happened before and I was shaking from fear.

Was this all to be over soon?

----------------

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update and with such a short chapter, but I knew you guys needed an update and I wasn't quite sure on how to create progress at this part of the story, so here you go! Things are starting to get ominous are they not?~ Thank's for reading and I hope you have a good day! BYEEE!