Chapter 14

To Kill A Vampire

"You seriously eat that stuff?" 

I felt like throwing up. Baekhyun was happily munching on his bloody meal. He had pancakes that were a scarlet colour and smothered in a whipped cream like substance with a burgundy colour. All ofcourse, consisting of blood in some way or another. He took a sip of his so called 'marroon mocha' and parted his damp lips to reply.

"Hell yes. This food is gorgeous. I tell you something, these cafe chef's probably get paid 10 times less than the chef's at the palace and yet these meals are 10 times more tastier than the crap those 'fancy' chef's cook me." He stated. He took another bite out of his food and devoured it longingly.

I looked down at my plate of food. Although it did look very appetizing, I couldn't force myself to each infront of these strangers.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. No one is going to judge you for enjoying your meal you know." Baekhyun whispered in concern.

Why was he worried about me? For all he knew I just wasn't hungry. 

"Don't you feel at all awkward? I mean there could be people looking at you, judging you and thinking up bad names about the way you eat or the amount you're eating." I said.

"The only person I care about thinking those things are you." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Wait, he care about me? No way. What was he trying to say? Why didn't he want me thinking bad thing's about him?

"What?"

"Because otherwise you would annoy me with that neurotic personality of yours and never shut up about it." He snickered rolling his eyes and returning to his meal.

Oh, so he doesn't care. Not that I want him to like me or anything. I mean, we're just friend's right. That reminded me of what Yoon-A had said the other day. What was it she said again?

"Hey, what did your maid, Yoon-A mean when she said you had slipped up about me? You seemed to dodge the subject..." I asked.

Baekhyun paused a little then continued to prolong his digestion of his food by chewing ever so slowly. Was he making up some kind of excuse?

"Oh... Don't worry about it. She's always saying silly thing's like that. I just slipped up about somethin. It doesnt matter. Just something about when we went to the mall. It's no biggie." He stuttered out quickly and then hurriedly shoving his mouth with the remains of his meal. He seemed like he was hiding something, but it didn't bother me much so I dropped the subject.

"Don't your parent's wonder where you go?" I asked. I mean we had been here for ages, didn't he have breakfast with, you know... His family?

"Parents? You mean the king and queen. Ha." He snickered sarcastically. I held a confused expression on my face. He didn't like to call them mom and dad?

"They aren't my parent's. I mean, technically they are. But what kind of 'parents' force you to socialise with a bunch of posh idiots who have no idea what the meaning of 'fun' is. I was always forced to be the perfect child and I never got to be a real kid in my opinion. I was always dragged to all their stupid social events and made to become friends with all the girls which is so annoying since..." He paused again.

Was I having a deja-vu? He did something like this before... It's like everytime he talks about being with a girl he...

"Mommy! He hurt me! It really hurts!" I spun around and saw a kid about 3 or 4 on the floor crying. He was holding his arm as if it was in pain. His mom was too involved in her conversation with her friend to acknowledge her childs pain. It seemed as if her friends child had pushed him since he was laughing at him and hiding behind the other woman. Should I go over and help? What if the kid thinks I'm some crazy or creepy man or the mother hits me for talking to her child?

Suddenly, the kid who had pushed the boy was forcefully dragged onto the floor. What the heck happened?! It's like the wind had pushed him over or something! Without even a minute to spare both the mothers had their heads pushed together as if out of no where! I had no idea what I had just witnessed. There was no way that was an accident or that they had actually fell! What the heck?! 

The kid who had been pushed first was no standing up and giggling at the scene infront of him. He didn't do that, I was certain of it. He was way too small to created such a powerful accident. I looked over at Baekhyun. 

He was laughing almost inaudibly and had that signature smirk on his face. He brought the steamy mug to his full lips and gave me a cheeky look. There was no possibleway he did that... Did he?

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Apologies for saying I was going to update ages ago but I had alot of stuff coming up, and I wasnt going to update tonight because I have to revise for an exam but I ended up getting a bit of free time so here it is. This very boring chapter, apologies. I hope you are all still enjoying this fic tho and i hope you are all have and/or had a wonderful day.

Love ya!