Chapter 10

To Kill A Vampire

"Hey.. Wake up.."

My eyelids slowly opened, little by little. Had I fallen asleep? Or was I drugged? I couldn't remember. I started to slowly lift my head but it felt as if a ton of bricks were smashed across it and I was suffering the aftermath.

I groaned as I slowly awoke. My vision was blurred. The room was dim and the carpet was a deep red colour. I was sitting in a chair, almost like a bean bag but much more comfortable and obviously of a rich material. I struggled, but I managed to looked to my left. I was in a huge bedroom. The wallpaper was red with a golden pattern traced over it. There was a king size bed that was made of a dark wood and had huge wooden poles surrounding the edges which held up the marroon curtains on the side.

I slowly scanned the room, turning my head to the right. Where the heck was I?

My heart jumped out of my chest when I saw Baekhyun knealing beside me. 

"Oh my god... What the heck happened last night?! Where am I-"

"Shhhh, please I beg of you. My parent's have just gone downstairs and I managed to keep you a secret so we need to stay quiet so they don't expect anything." He whispered in a panic. 

I looked into his bright red eyes. He looked so on edge and I had never seen him like this before. Was he scared of his parents? Or was he just scared of the consequences.

I looked down at myself and realised I was wearing nothing but a robe.

I wrapped my arms around myself feeling as if I was completely . 

This was crazy. I was with Baekhyun, in the palace, . My life had escalated so quickly and I don't even understand how.

"Where are my clothes? And I still wanna know what happened last night." I whispered.

He parted his lips almost as if he was going to say something. But that's when he stood up and grabbed my wrist, not to be hurtful, but to show his seriousness.

He took me across the room to one of two doors. He opened it and it led to his on suite bathroom. It was plain white and lined with gold, ofcourse. He hurriedly closed the door and locked it. He was obviously stressed. He was pacing back and forth in front of me, his blood red eyes darting around the place. He took in a sharp breath and turned to me.

"Okay, so you remember the whole.. Thing with the guys right?" He asked.

I nodded, assuming that by 'the guys' he meant those s last night.. Or this afternoon? Whatever time of day it was...

"Well, I found you tied up in their apartment when I went back to get my pendant. You were... ... unfortunately. Their plan was to drag you into the streets so that you would wake up, be ridiculed and put to shame by everyone around you and be too scared to tell anyone that you saw me with them. They're sick bastards. All they wanted was cheap laughs and they used me as an excuse to do so." He scoffed. He was pacing back and forth in frustration. Why was he frustrated? I had no clue. But it was obvious that he was in a complicated position.

At the end of the day, I couldn't care less about him or his friends. All this situation proved is that I need to go back to my safe life in my safe apartment where I am safe from people like them. I always wondered why I was afraid of the outside. Now I know.

"I don't care anymore. Just get me out of here and give me my clothes back. I'll keep myself out of your life and you keep yourself out of mine." I crossed my arms across and glared at him.

"You see, that's the problem. They kind of.. Burned your clothes." He mumbled scratching the back of his head.

"They what?!"

"Please! Be quiet.. I'm sorry. And also, I kind of told my parent's you was a friend of mine... A Strigoi..." He started to mumble again. He looked down at the floor in.. Shame?

"What? So when I leave I have to wear your clothes and pretend to be some snobby Strigoi friend of yours." I huffed. I cocked my eyebrow in annoyance. I just want to leave already. 

"Okay look, I'm sorry, but I'm trying to help here." He walked over to the small closet in the room and slid open the doors. There was obviously clothes inside it. He got on all fours and started rumaging about in it looking for whatever he needed.

That gave me a chance to look at him, like, really look at him. He was wearing dark red chino's that clung tightly to his legs. He had a gold chain pinned from his back pocket around to his front belt loop. Obviously some kind of fashion trend or just another way of showing how much he love's being so royaly Strigoi. With this he wore a black silk shirt which was almost like a blouse. He also wore bright red felt sneakers that had a plain white sole. They were either brand new or his numerous amount of maid's have spent a countless amount of hours scrubbing the prince's favourite pair of shoes clean until their fingers bled. 

"Can you stop looking at my ?" He said. 

How the heck did he know? Not that I was looking their for that reason... But he wasn't even looking at me.

"I wasn't looking at your . You was pointing your in my face." Nice one Chanyeol, real appropriate answer.

He turned and looked at me with a smirk on his face. He chuckled and turned back to looking in the closet. He thought that was funny? Or was he mocking me? With this kid, I could never tell.

"Ah.. Here it is.." He picked up a medium sized box and handed it to me.

"Go put those on and I'll try my best to sneak you out of here." He sighed.

He directed me to a door in the bathroom. I opened it and stepped inside. It was a small room to change in. It was dimly lit but I could manage to change into the clothes.

He had handed me black skinny jeans, a red wool jumper and black sneakers, much like something Baekhyun would wear. He also has given me red eye contacts. For obvious reasons. There was a small mirror stuck to left wall that was placed a little low for me. Strigoi's were almost always shorter than Dhamphir's. 

I slipped in the red eye contacts, making my eyes water a bit since I had only done this once before. I pushed the thoughts aside and left the small room. I stepped back into the bathroom and to my suprise Baekhyun wasnt there. I left the box on the sideboard and opened the door to his room.

"And who is this young man?" 

---------------------


Oh my gosh I am so sorry for not updating im a terrible writer omfg im sorry ily guys ugh ill be updating again tonight to apologize okay i hope you are all enjoy this fic so far tho.

Ok byeee!