Chapter 22

To Kill A Vampire

"Okay... How do I look?" He asked. He had finally gotten dressed for the dinner tonight and honestly he had never looked so dashing. He was wearing a black suit with a simple white shirt and black tie. It wasn't anything special, but he could make any outfit look spectacular. 

He was still flustered and blushing red from the fact that we were finally together. For some reason, it didn't bother me. I guess it was because I had the whole day to let it sink in, where as Baekhyun has been waiting for God knows how long just for me to say yes. He seemed so shy and akward around me for the past half an hour and it was killing me how cute he was. It seemed as if I was his first male partner. Well, for all I know I was his first partner all together. I have known I was gay ever since I was young so I guess I'm more comfortable with the thought of kissing and so on with a guy, but to be honest it seemed like Baekhyun wasn't ready to make those kind lf moves yet. Despite his confidence. I guess I would just have to make him open up to it. I was dying to kiss him. I have been ever since he messed with my head that day. Oh God how I wish he had actually kissed me that day. I sounded so forward, considering only 48 hours ago I hated his guts. Yet here I was dying to touch and kiss the guy. I never knew I had this much passion inside of me. But as we were sitting there and we were finally talking about being together all I wanted him to do was grab my neck and pull me into a deep kiss. I snapped out of my daydream and replied to his question.

"You look amazing, like always." 

"God, just because we're dating now doesn't mean you can flirt with me all the time, gosh." He smirked sarcastically. I playfully slapped his arm. I guess he was right, I felt much more open with him now and ofcourse I was going to be very flirtatious. He is my first boyfriend for goodness sake.

Baekhyun walked around the bed and to the other side of the room to his dressing table. He was fixing his hair and was putting on some cologne. I guess if I didn't ask now I never would.

"Don't you want to kiss me?" My stomach immediately started churning and all my thoughts were suddenly taken over by the awkward and shy side of me all over again. Did I seriously just ask that? I sounded so desperate.

"You don't sound desperate. I knew you was going to ask." Baekhyun said.

"Sorry, it just kicked in. My clairvoyant power isn't completely under control yet." He chuckled awkwardly standing up. I reminded myself that I would have to get used to his random outbursts of powers I guess. 

"And yes. Ofcourse I want to kiss you. I've wanted to ever since I saw you at the last Ball. I remember, you looked so good that night. I'd never laid eyes on such a pretty boy. And at the time I never knew anything about my uality, I just always assumed I was straight. Until I laid my eyes on you. You rocked my world, you made me question myself. Your innocence and selflessness was just such a breath of fresh air from being surrounded by trashy and snobby rich kids who think they're something. You changed me, you let me become myself. I've only ever been myself whenever I've been around you. You're so amazing." Baekhyun slowly walked closer and closer to me snaking his arms slowly around my waist. My cheeks were burning and my heart felt like it was beating its way out of my chest. His words made me feel like a shy little kid, but he made me feel safe and more loved than I have ever felt in years. 

"And although you hated me for it, I had to protect you from those guys. I know how dangerous they are. They told me that once they actually came close to murdering a guy. And it all started out as just a silly prank. They are all sick in the head, I couldn't let them touch you. It infuriated me the day I walked into their apartment and saw it empty with just you sitting there knocked unconcious, I seriously could've hurt all of them so damn bad. But when I looked at your face, it reminded me that there was so much more in the world than trying to fight fire with fire. I knew that it wouldn't make anything better between me and you. Unfortunately, I didn't think about my decisions the day you said that you hated me. That actually upset me. I was a wreck for days if i'm honest." Baekhyun carried on. He had tightened his grip around my waist and soon enough we was only mere inches away from each other. He was starting to explain the whole situation to me. I guess we were both innocent that day. He was just trying to protect me, and he didn't even mean to be so violent about it. I felt bad for making him so upset. I was angry at the time. But ofcourse now, it is all behind me. 

"And about the kiss. I wanted to wait until you was okay with it. I thought you were gonna be the one to be all shy about it. But it seems you have come out of your shell now were in a relationship. I'm happy you have, because atleast now, I can do this." 

He lifted his hands up to my cheeks and forcefully pressed his lips upon mine. My eyes closed naturally as I indulged myself into the kiss. His lips were so soft, yet the kiss was so rough. Out of nowhere he pushed me onto the bed. I was sat up, still mesmerised by his lips while he had one knee up on the mattress at the side of my thighs completely taking control of the moment. His left hand was rested on my cheek while his right hand was knotted in my hair at the back of my head, little by little bringing me deeper into the kiss. My hands had a mind of their own as they trailed up his hips and all the way to his back. I dug my fingertips into the fabric gripping it tightly. He obviously felt my force on his skin as he let out a slight moan. This was the most wild thing I had ever done in my life.

"Baekhyun! They're here so-"

We quickly parted ourselves in hopes that whoever it was hadn't seen. Thankfully, it was just Yoon-A. We were both taking in sharp breaths and were trying to snap back to reality from the passionate make-out. My mind wasn't even on Yoon-A, it was on my first kiss. That was my first kiss, and probably the best kiss I will ever have in my whole life.

"Oh... I... I didn't mean to interrupt..." Yoon-A looked away awkwardly.

"It's okay Yoon-A, just knock next time. Is it time to go down?" Baekhyun asked laughing a little, probably trying to lighten the mood. 

"Uh... Yes, your mother and father are waiting for you to arrive downstairs. Your mother expects that your partner tonight is on their best behaviour." She added as she walked in an placed a small box on the bedside cabinet.

"Remember to put these on. I will see you two lovers downstairs." She snickered with a wink. She walked out and closed the door. Baekhyun leant over and picked up the box. 

"Here, put these on." Baekhyun handed me the box. It contained the contact lenses and a gold dagger pin. 

"Ugh... I hate wearing the contacts. They make my eyes feel scratchy." I complained walking over to the dressing table.

"I know, but you have to wear them unless you want to get kicked out of here and get me in the deepest ever." Baekhyun laughed. I looked into the mirror and carefully placed the red contacts onto my eyes. Straight away they agitated my eyes. This . Next, I took out the gold pin. I had only ever worn a silver one. I guess this little white lie couldn't hurt could it? I had never known why the gold pins were daggers and the silver ones were roses. Maybe Baekhyun knew.

"Hey. Why are the Strigoi's pins shapped like daggers?" I asked as I stood up. Baekhyun was standing next to the door and holding it open for me.

"Well, it dates back to like, a billion years ago or something." He started as we began making our way to the dining hall. This obviously wasn't going to be a very accurate history lesson, but it would do.

"Before the humans even started making up their silly conspiracies on us Vampires. The Strigoi ruled the land and there were very little Jiang Shi around. Dhamphirs were not around at that time. However, the creation of the first Dhamphir is the reason as to why we all wear the coloured pins today. The royal family consisted of only 4 people. The queen was called Ki-Bum and the king was called Jong-Hyun. Jong-Hyun had seduced the queen by luring her to marraige with pretty jewels and all of his riches. She never cared much for true love, instead she used her riches to simply gather fashionable clothing and collect the largest jewels in all the land. Her husband on the other hand was a talented and dashing young man. His vocal chords were kissed by the angels. He could make the darkest and deepest of songs sound like a lullaby. He loved music more than anything in the world, including his Queen. Their love was not true, yet they could not see it. Despite their unfated love, they created two children. A son named Jin-Ki and a daughter named Tae-Min. Jin-Ki had definetely inherited his fathers good looks. However, he was not the war hero his father had hoped he would become. Jong-hyun needed a strong son to protect the land from any threat of invasion, Jin-Ki did not fulfill that need. He was the clumsiest boy in all the land and would not have survived for one minute if he was faced with a Jiang Shi. So, their hope rested on their daughter, Tae-Min. She had the youngest looking face in all the land and had a heart full of love and innocence. Her passion was to dance. However, her ability to perform swift movements and sharp changes was just what Jong-Hyun had in mind for the strongest warrior. Tae-min had a different idea in mind. Ever since she was a young girl she had planned on meeting the perfect mate. Someone who understood her heart just as she would understand theirs, a love completely unlike his parent's love. His dad continued to make her train to become the best warrior in the land, but unfortunately for Jong-Hyun, Tae-Min had found the portal to the human world. One night, she sneaked out to the human world. Legend has it that she met the most beautiful boy she had ever laid eyes on. His name was Min-Ho. Tae-Min fell madly inlove with Min-Ho and Min-Ho felt the same. However, their love would not last-"

"Baekhyun! Come on we've been waiting here for you! Your mother is fuming!" Chaelin came hurrying down the coridoor. I guess he would have to tell me the rest of the story another time. I wonder what happened to Tae-Min?

Chaelin opened up the door to reveal the dining room. Immediately, everyone in the room stopped talking. Baekhyun had arrived. With me standing beside him like a lost puppy. I quickly calculated that there was maybe 20 maids in the room and about 30 guests all standing around what looked like a table. For some reason it was tall enough to reach my chest and was covered with a marroon cloth. God knows what was underneath it. Baekhyun's mother was giving us the dirtiest looks ever and was standing at the end of the table with his father next to her. He was taller than me and had the same mysterious eyes as Baekhyun. You could definetely tell where he got his good-looks from.

"Just act natural. Don't look directly at anyone or they will eat you alive." Baekhyun whispered to me as we walked towards the two empty spaces next to his parents. For some reason their were no seats. 

"It's nice of you and your friend to finally show up Baekhyun." His mother mumbled in frustration. "Ahem... Welcome everybody! It's nice of you all to be here and we truly appreciate your company." She grinned.

"Pfft, she's so fake." I heard Baekhyun whisper. 

"Tonight, we will feast well. We will socialise and hopefully get to know one another as best as we possibly can. We hope to succeed in being good hosts tonight and we expect that everybody will enjoy their time here tonight." One of her words struck me. Feast? What the heck were we eating? I looked over at Baekhyun and he obviously knew what I was thinking.

"Don't worry. You might be a little shocked. You won't have to eat I promise." He whispered.

"What is it? What's under the cloth?" I whispered back.

"Just don't freak out okay." Baekhyun whispered and stopped immediately as his mother glared at him once more.

"So, without further ado, lets eat. Tonight, we serve you the freshest and finest cuisine we could collect." I started panicking as his mother said that. I held my breath. How bad would it be if Baekhyun thinks I would freak out because of it? Surely it was just meat or something right? Atleast I hoped it was.

Two of the maids walked to the opposite ends of the table and took ahold of the cloth. I was getting worried. What the heck was under the cloth?

They gently slipped off the cloth to reveal the worst image I had ever seen in my life. There was a chair placed infront of every guest including myself and on it was literally a human body. They had obviously been knocked unconcious and were all tied to the chairs by their torso's. I let out a small whimper and bit my lip. I wasn't blinking or closing my eyes, yet I hated the sight infront of me. What kind of sick person would do this? These innocent people had lives! They could have been doctors or vets or mothers or fathers or teachers or students. They were living! They were breathing! And yet here all these people getting ready to kill and eat them! 

"Just breathe okay. Just stay quiet for a little longer. You don't have to eat it." Baekhyun whispered. I felt him take a hold of my hand and locked his fingers around mine trying to calm me down. It didn't help. I felt myself hyperventilating. My eyes started to well up. I had to get myself together. I sniffled up and tried to take in deeo breaths. I could hear all the people around me who were actually looking forward to the life out of these people. I looked up and over at the human who was sat on the opposite side of the table. She looked about 30 and was wearing a wedding ring. She could have been a mother! Or even worse a mother to be! I wish I hadn't looked, because she started to open her eyes. She looked directly at me. Every sound in the room became muffled as our eyes locked. I couldn't force myself to look away from the horried sight. She slowly looked around at the other Vampire and before I knew it I could see tears welling up in her light blue eyes. I didn't know what else to do, but mouth the word's 'I'm sorry.' Before she even had a chance to word anything back the Strigoi who was stood behind her snapped me back to reality by sinking his fangs deep into her neck. The woman let out a piercing scream. I couldn't handle it anymore. The sight became too much as I started to feel dreary and my body felt like it was being weighed down. I collapsed onto the floor and the last thing I saw was Baekhyun kneeling next to me on the floor asking if I was okay.