Chapter 7

To Kill A Vampire

He acted as if he had never met me before. 

It was about two hours ago since I had been hit with a water balloon and found out to my suprise that it was Baekhyun. At the time I was bewildered as to why a freaking prince was in a building filled with either middle class Dhamphirs or sweaty teenagers that wont shut the heck up at 2am. 

It was when I started talking to him that truly confused me. I was only asking him questions like why he was here, since when did he become friends with these imbeciles and why he didn't stop his 'friends' from doing something so childish. But he just acted as if we had never met and was giving me the same attitude as he did at the ball.

His friends were laughing at me, He was smirking as if he was proud of himself and I was bright red from embarrasment. I ended up running away to my apartment and crying in frustration from the things that had happened. 

Sure, you may think I'm childish for crying over such a small issue. But believe me, If you barely left your house and had little to no interaction with other people, you would be extremely sensitive too. 

I ended up taking another shower afterwards to warm myself up again and changed into my pyjamas. I slipped into the same routine as I did every single day. I grabbed some snacks, a bunch of blankets, my playstation controller and played video games until I fell asleep.

Today I was playing The Last Of Us for like the billionth time. It's probably one of my favourites but I mean how many times can you watch a guy lose his daughter and almost get killed by zombies for the rest of the game. The game now takes me only 7 hours to complete, including bathroom breaks inbetween. I know all the glitches, shortcuts, easter eggs and hacks so I can from A to B in no time. It's pretty unsatisfying in all honesty, but what else is there to do around here?

I didn't bother to complete the game today because I was honestly so mentally drained, for some reason.

I went into my bedroom, laid on my bed and opened up my laptop. I was checking my bank account to see how much I had gotten this month. 

I guess I'm pretty lucky. I don't have to work because of my fathers company. When he was alive, he opened up a jewellery store. He started it because he loved to design things and was very artistic. Also because my mother loved jewellery. His store soon became a business and rapidly became very popular because of the unique designs he created.

His business is now run by one of his old friends. However, my father wrote in his will that as long as his jewellery stayed in business I would be payed the same amount he would if he was still alive. 

It's for the best I guess. I'm the biggest introvert ever, I hate socialising so the work place is a nightmare to me.

No matter what I did, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake off the thought of Baekhyun and what he did today.

I sighed and shut my laptop, laying it on the floor next to my bed. I rested my head on the pillow and shut my eyes. 

Why was I given this life?

I mean, someone like me, who hates the thought of death and murder and everything mortal and cruel, was given the life of a vampire.
And better yet, the kind of vampire that everyone shuns.

And as if my life wasn't a nightmare anyway I lose my parents and do absolutely nothing with my life because I hate everyone and everyone hates me.

When I was young I had no idea what being a 'vampire' was or what 'death' was. I thought I would just go through life in my parents care and playing games and making friends. But instead I am rejected by both humans and vampires and haven't made an accomplishments for atleast 12 years of my life.

In the middle of my depressing thoughts I heard a knock at my door. I'm not gonna lie I got pretty scared. I mean, the postman is never this late and I'm pretty sure I'm not expecting a package of some sort. 

I left my bedroom and went to the front door opening it caustiously. To my suprise, there he was. 

Byun Baekhyun, standing there with a look of... Apology?.. On his face.

I looked around the hall and his friends werent there. Hopefully they wasn't playing some kind of prank.

"What do you want?" I asked bitterly.

"I-uh.. I wanna apologise I guess." He sighed.

"Seriously? I don't care. Why would you act like you didn't even know who I was? That was so freaking embarrasing! Was that some kind of act to make your friends laugh or to impress them?!" I was back to being completely furious and frustrated at this man.

"Well, I guess.. yeah." He admitted shamefully. 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Did he seriously admit that? Who does that? I don't understand this guy.. He noticed my confusion and sighed in frustration.

"Listen, I have a bit of a reputation to keep. I don't want to be stuck with those snobby rich boys my parents want me to be friend with so I started leaving the house and meeting new friends. Friends that I would like to keep. Meaning that I can't have them know that I was once friends with someone as boring as you.. No offense."

Wow, I guess I do understand this boy. He is like many other boys. The boys that need to impress their friends and push away everyone else that actually matters. The boys that your parents despise.

Those boys, are twats.
To put it plainly.

I rolled my eyes at him. Just when I had the slightest thought that he was a little bit different.

"Okay, fine. I don't care if you never want to speak to me again. I don't care if you don't want me ruining your 'reputation' and honestly I couldn't careless if you think I'm boring. But do not ever embarrass me like that again. And you shouldn't be throwing water balloons onto random people. You don't know what the heck they could have been through that day and making them soaking wet isn't going to make them any happier is it." I fought back. He looked as if he had a smirk on his face, probably remembering his prank on me from before.

"Okay, okay, look. I didn't come here to have some philosophical debate on life with you, I came here to tell you that you that I was pretending because my friends don't need to know that I have ever spoken to you and also that if you ever happen to somehow get in contact with my parents or anyone else in my family you cannot tell them that I speak to the Dhamphirs." He said.

I nodded. I didn't really have much to say to him. I guess he kind of intrigued me. I couldn't get my head around him. He is friends with the Dhamphirs? And he leaves home secretely? He's pretty adventurous obviously. Daring, fearless and motivated. The complete opposite of me.

That's when he suprised me.

"We could hang out?.. Tonight? At the mall?" He asked keeping his head low. Dare I say it, he was being cute. This little , was being cute.

Was I seriously considering leaving my comfort zone for this man? Stupid emotions.

"Well, it's pretty unlike me.. But okay, I guess." I said shyly.

He looked up at me with those red yet sparkling eyes, he smiled slightly.

"Okay, cool. Meet me there in an hour okay?" He smiled. Before I had the chance to answer him he was walking off down the coridoor. 

What the heck did I just agree to?