Chapter 5

To Kill A Vampire

That boy hasn't changed one bit. He still had those twinkling eyes, his hair still swept over his forehead and his face was still youthfull. Although he has added a little eyeliner and was dressed a little more out there. He was wearing a regular black suit jacket, like the majority of the party. But he was also wearing maroon skinny jeans, chunky black ankle boots and a thick gold chain around his neck. Someone's obviously a bit patriotic.

"Baekhyun?" I asked with a grin growing across my face.

I stood up and held my hand out for him to get up too. He ended up being pretty feisty and almost broke every bone in my hand, considering he did just dump wine all over me.

"And you are?" He asked. 

That wipped the grin off of my face completely. Did he really forget about me?

"It's me. Park Chanyeol? Annual Blood Ball 97?" I tried to re-jog his memory but by the unintrested expression on his face I figured he couldn't care less about me.

"Not ringing any bells." He shrugged and continued to strut over to the drinks table.

I wasn't the most confident guy for sure. And it's not that I care if he remembered me or not. Right now it was the fact that he didn't even apologies for the wine incident. So I guess I just had to make my emotions clear.

I stormed over to the table and there he was smugly pouring himself a drink while he knew for well that there was atleast 5 girls talking about his devilish good looks.

I spun him around by the shoulder to face me. Startled, he focused his sight and recognised it was me.

"So you think you can just drop wine on me and get away with it." I stated.

He looked at me like I was trash or something. He snickered and just went back to getting his drink.

"Excuse me! The least you could do is just apologize!" I shouted at him.

"Oh, my manners. I'm sorry you're such a pathetic waste." He spat. The girl's giggled and once again tried to get his attention. 

I gave up. I stormed off looking for a bathroom. When did he become such a stuck up ?! I went up the stairs once more and checked every room until I found a bathroom. Even the bathroom was designed in the fanciest way possible.

The walls and floor was black marble and the stall doors were a matte black. The faucets were gold and there was a huge mirror that stretched across the whole length of the wall above the sinks. There were red paper hand towels next to each sink and pumps over the sinks that undoubtedly had some kind of handwash inside.

I walked to the sink right at the end and picked up a few paper towels. I soaked them in water and started wiping over my suit trying to get rid of the disgusting smell. The smell was revolting, I was almost strangeling. 

I was in there for about 10 minutes and still no where near finishing, when someone burst through the door. I glanced at the person almost sensing who it was straight away. The one and only Byun Baekhyun. 

He sighed when he saw me but ended up standing at the sink next to mine. I looked at him and saw that he too was soaking wet. I gave him a questioning look and he answered getting the hint.

"I turned down one of those girls. She got kinda pissed so she threw wine at me." He said through gritted teeth. 

"Ah, the irony." I grinned. He looked at me annoyed and then chuckled a bit. He went back to washing himself down as did I.

"This ." He said.

"I know, atleast it's starting to come out a little bit, I'm still not sure about how to get rid off-"

"No, I mean these ty parties." He interupted me. I looked over at him curiously and his face held an almost tired or depressed expression. 

"Why don't you like these parties? Your the prince, surely you get treated the best here." I snickered trying to humour him I guess. I still thought of him as 'that kid I met in the play room', not the prince. He rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"Yeah, I get treated like a prince alright. It's the worst. No one will ever shut up about me and I can barely have a personal life. I have little to no privacy at all and everyone overreacts when even the slightest of things happen to me. These parties are just my parents way of trying to get me to fall in love with some girl. Even though we have had so many arguments about relationships in the past they still continue to ignore me and look for the 'perfect woman' for me." He trailed off. He looked fed up. Fed up with what? I don't know. 

I guess I couldn't really put myself in his shoes. I was a homoual middle class man who is free to do as he pleases without the nagging of his parents. Yes, I like guys. Which is still kind of looked down upon in the vampire community. I sighed in pity and went back to cleaning myself up. As did he. 

"I remember you." He said after a moment.

I looked over at him. He was looking at me with those cute eyes of his and giving me a timid smile. Why did he pretend he didn't remember me. Almost as if reading my mind he gave me my answer.

"I was a little embarrased before. I didn't want you to think that I was desperate to have you as my friend again. It's an instinct I have I guess." He shrugged. 

I just let out a breath and smiled at him. He was such an before. What changed?. We went back to washing our clothes and soon enough gave up hope. He told me he was going to go and change his clothes and I decided to go home. We parted ways but not without a shy hug and a goodbye.
 

------------------------

Just a quick note, Apologies for the late update i had the flu and i wa way too ill to write. I even had a whole week pff of school so apologies. Also im sorry if i make any spelling mistakes i write on an ipad and im pretty clumsy amd pressing the keys so it sometimes comes out as gibberish im sorry but anyways i hope you are having a good day and also have a merry christmas!