Epilogue [Begin Again]

Begin Again

Onew came to your apartment unannounced. He could have at least called or sent you a text message so he wouldn’t have found you in pajama, messy hair and sleepy eyes. And your room wasn’t tidy at all. There were clothes spread all over the floor.

“Are all yours pajama that cute?”

You blushed. “Shut up.”

“You don’t have something ier?” He insisted.

You arched an eyebrow. “You want to die?”

“Not yet. I want to live with you for the rest of my life.”

Sometimes he could be so cheesy. You love it though. You giggled.

“What’s so funny?”

“Why are you here so early? You don’t have to work today?”

“Jjong gave me the day off. There’s somewhere we need to go.”

Onew started to work at Jjong’s company last week and they were already preparing a new album for a group that was going to debut in a month, and soon Onew was going to release his first album with Jjong’s help. They were busy these days but Jjong gave him the day off?

Oh, it was your birthday! He probably came because it was an especial day (because birthdays are special, aren’t they?). It was the first time you spent your birthday with him, so it was special. Of course Jjong would give him the day off. Now everything made sense.

“A surprise?”

“Kind of.”

“Kind of? Is it a surprise or not?”

“I need your help to pack some stuff from my house.”

Oh. He doesn’t know it’s my birthday. You thought disappointed.

“You… want me to work? Today?”

“What’s wrong with today? Are you hurt somewhere? It’s not a hard work, just pack some pictures, books and stuff like that.”

You sulked. He definitely didn’t know it was your birthday. How was possible he didn’t know it was the birthday of his girlfriend.

“Okay. Let me take a shower first.”

“I’ll help you clean the mess of your room.”

“I was going to do it later but you broke into my house.”

“Ah, you’re not happy to see me?”

“Of course I am but you should have told me so you wouldn’t see this untidy room and my ugly hai…”

He placed his lips on yours and you forgot what you were talking about (you also almost forgot how to breath). Wow. How a kiss could do that to you? Or were Onew’s lips that had some magical effects? It has been three months since you confessed to him but you still blush when he kiss you.

“You always look pretty for me. If someone says you’re not, it’s because they haven’t seen you well. Your room is untidy but also mine. If I call you every time I come here… that wouldn’t be fun.”

You closed your eyes. He’s voice was so soothing and relaxing to hear. It made you imagine a tidy, clean and white room.

“Are you listening to me?” He chuckled.

“Kiss… kiss me again.”

He smirked.

Every time his lips kissed yours, in your mind was played the song In Your Eyes. He kissed you for the first time after hearing that song. He sang it for you actually. He then kissed you again with that song playing in his iPod. That song was filled with good memories.

“Shower,” he said between the kiss.

“Uh?”

“You have to take… a shower,” he whispered.

“Uh, yes. Shower.”

You felt dizzy after that sweet but intense kiss. You heard a chuckle behind you.

 

***

 

“I haven’t seen you drive for a while. Actually I’ve never seen you drive. Oh, it was because of… Soojung, wasn’t it?”

He nodded. “After the accident I didn’t want to drive a car anymore. What if I get involved in another accident? What if something bad happen to the person next to me? I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself. If something happens to you…”

You grabbed his hand. “Don’t think about that.”

“I won’t drive anymore. Today is an exception, otherwise we won’t have time to do all the things I have planned.”

“Why are you packing, by the way? Are you going to somewhere?”

“Kind of.”

You sulked. “Can’t you explain me at least?”

He brought your hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. “I bought a new house.” He smiled.

“Oh, a new house?”

“You said you didn’t like my house because it was the house I bought with Soojung.”

“I… you didn’t have to do that for me.”

“I wanted to. You were right. It didn’t feel good to live in that house anymore.”

After he parked the car, he came off and helped you to open the door. He also held your hand. You loved all these little things.

“It won’t take us much time.”

“Don’t we need a box or something like that to pack everything?”

He shook his head.

The front garden still looked as beautiful as the first time you saw it. The green shades of the plants were darker because of the cold weather. It looked more stunning and imposing in contrast with the white house. You also loved the smell of the wet plants and grass.

“I’ll miss this garden.”

“Me too.”

Inside the house was empty. It looked bigger without all the furniture and paintings on the walls. However, in the living room there still was that shelf full of framed pictures. There were only framed pictures. The books were all gone.

“It’s funny that Minho’s picture has been here all the time. If I had known he was your ex I would have given him a lesson.”

“Why you brought me here? And why these pictures are still here?”

“I don’t want my past interfere our present and future. I sold this house and bought a new one. I thought about packing these pictures, but I think it’s better to throw them all.”

“Even the pictures with Soojung?”

“I don’t think is possible to forget her. I don’t love her anymore, but she’s now a memory for me. A good one though. I’ll keep her in my mind as a good memory. I don’t need these pictures anymore.”

“I know she has already left the world but I’m sure she can hear us. She would be sad if you throw the pictures. You don’t have to do that because of me. I also keep her in my mind as a good memory. We don’t have to erase our past. We have to embrace the good past memories and get over the bad ones.”

He caressed your cheeks with his knuckles. “You’re so good, Selene. I wish I could think as positively as you.”

“It’s the past experiences that has made me think like that.”

“I still think I shouldn’t keep these pictures. I don’t want to call it to throw them but to keep them as a good memory.”

“In the garbage can?”

He grimaced.

“Onew, they are your pictures. You don’t have to ask for my permission. I won’t judge you.”

“What you think is important to me.”

“For me is more important how you feel. If keeping them as a good memory is what you want to do, then I support you.”

He smiled. “I bought this box.”

“I have a better idea. Why don’t we bury them in a forest or something like that? The idea of keeping them in a garbage can depress me.”

“That’s a really good idea.”

“I’m happy to help you, Mister Lee. You said you planned a lot of things to do today. What it is?”

“Surprise.”

He keeps saying it is surprise but he doesn’t know it is my birthday. You thought.

“Why that face?”

You sulked. “Nothing.”

“Tell me, please.”

“It’s my birthday today! You didn’t know it?”

He touched his cheek like he used to do every time he was involved in an awkward situation or when he was nervous.

“You didn’t know it! Well, it’s okay since I don’t really like to celebrate it.”

“Of course we have to celebrate it. Oh, I haven’t bought a gift. Should we go to buy it now? You can choose anything you want?”

“Anything? Like a purse, jewelries, shoes?”

“Anything you want.”

“Ummmh, I want to spend the day with you.”

“No shoes and jewelries?”

“I don’t need material things. Those are things that can be bought at any moment. A day with you is priceless.”

“I’m touched. Every day I discover you are more amazing than before. How is that possible? Come on, we have to go somewhere.”

“Where?”

He led you to the car. Of course he helped you to get into the car and closed the door for you. You watched him surrounding the car with a big smile on his face. What was he planning? He looked so excited.

“Where are we going now?”

“To your house and then my house.”

He didn’t say anything else and began to look for something in his purse. He then took his iPod out. Is he going to play a song? A birthday song maybe?

“It’s my birthday present for you,” he said with a big smile.

“What? An iPod? It isn’t even new. I told you I don’t need material things. Even a kiss would be enough but you’re driving now.”

“You can return it at any time you want. What it is important are the songs.”

“Oh, really?”

“You thought I forgot your birthday?” He chuckled. “How could I? I even prepared this event. I know you don’t like material things. You like things that have a meaning. It doesn’t matter how small the gift is as long as has a meaning.”

“You know me well.” You smiled. “There are more than 8000 songs! It will take me an eternity to listen them all.”

“There’s a list called Selene. Those are the songs I chose for you. I suggest you to listen them in order. There are about thirty songs, all chosen by me.”

The first one was Bruno Mars – Marry You. You looked at him surprised. He looked at you quickly and then laughed, probably at your surprised expression.

“I love you, but I’m not ready for marriage.”

“It was a joke. Sorry if I shocked you. I think is a good song. You don’t have to take it so seriously. I’d like to marry someday you though. Not now, of course.”

You suddenly had thoughts about you and Onew together living a married life. You loved it and that surprised you. You shook your head. I’m too young to think about getting married. I have to get my degree first. You thought.

You checked the list of songs. There were few songs that you recognized and some of them that have never heard before. You were excited to listen them all.

Eddy Kim – My Love

Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran

Alex Goot – Pretty Eyes

Those were some of the songs that you recognized. The list was so good. Also, the songs were personally chosen by him. He wanted to give you a message through the songs. That was how he express his love, through music.

“Are you going to listen them now?”

You nodded.

“Before you get lost in the songs, there’s one more surprise.”

“Another one?” Wow.

“Open the glove compartment.”

You did it. You found a white envelope.

“Open it.”

“What is this?” You wondered. “Ma-Maldives?”

He smiled widely. “We are going to Maldives tonight.”

“Where everything began,” you said.

Your cheekbones began to hurt for smiling too much. While Onew was driving to your house, you listened the songs from the iPod. He suggested you to listen to them in order but you decided to listen the last one from the list. MLTR sang Eternal Love.

Our bond will never break
Promise me this forever
We'll always stay this way
We can start at the end of time
And do it all again
Oh my love
I'm all yours
And there will never be another one
'Cause I'm eternally yours
My heart's aflame

 


The end!! Thanks to everyone who read the story and commented. Hopefully I'll write a new fanfic soon, not yet but soon since I'm studying now and I already have tons of papers to read TT Thanks again for the support and for liking the story ^^

ps: I highly recommend you to listen those songs hehe

tumblr_n7n1hxzTqz1rbieygo1_250.gif 

*gif not mine