Globetrotter

Begin Again

You could call yourself a globetrotter. At least that was what you aimed to be. You have traveled to many places and countries. Sometimes you stay there if you like it or sometimes you just travel around for fun. You always do it, especially when you are sad or having bad moments in your life, but you also travel when you’re happy, not that you only travel when you are sad. You would usually travel with your two best friends and boyfriend, now best friend, ex best friend and ex-boyfriend. Oh, yes, you heard it well, ex, ex.

You were currently living in Seoul. You had the worst and most painful experience of your live in this city, but you thought it was a cowardly act to run away as you always do. However, you loved this place so much and your best friend settled down and found a stable job.

You threw few clean to your already full suitcase, the most comfortable ones, with kitties and flowers, this is to say, the less y ones. You didn’t have to dress y to anyone or to pretend to be one; being y wasn’t your style. This trip was different. It was a trip for yourself and no one else. No friends, no parents, no ex-boyfriends as known as .

“I’m happy you are having this trip all by yourself. I’m envious.”

“Jjong, you can go with me if you want. I’m not running away from you but from him.”

He shook his head. “As I said, this trip is for you. You have to think and find yourself. If I’m there I will distract you and we would go to parties and drink every night and everyone will think we’re a couple, and that’s exactly what you don’t need. Where did you say you are going, by the way?”

“Maldives.”

“Is there a seaside resort?”

You nodded and threw him a brochure you got at the travel agency. He exclaimed surprised when he saw the pictures in it.

“Is awesome, isn’t it? I didn’t have to think it twice. As soon as I saw the pictures I chose Maldives.”

“This place is famous between couples, did you know that? Most of the couples choose this place as honeymoon or for a romantic trip. It says in the brochure.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“You didn’t choose this place because it reminds you of him, did you?” He scolded you.

“He’s dead for me. I chose this place because there will be many couples and no one will waste their time looking for anyone else but their lovers. Everyone will be busy with their own companion so I can enjoy by myself in peace. I mean, I will be the only stupid in such a romantic paradise all alone. So that’s perfect for me.”

He looked at you with those sad puppy eyes. He knew you still weren’t over your ex-boyfriend, the bastard, but he didn’t say anything else.

“Do you need help?” He pointed at the suitcase.

You shook your head. “I’m almost done. And you never do things like this.”

He ignored your comment. “How long will you stay?” He walked around your room pretending to be relaxed but you knew he was worry about you.

Jonghyun was your best friend since you were six years old. He was your only close male friend. You were two months older than him but he was like your older brother. He always protected you from all; especially after you broke up with Minho, he became really annoying, treating you like if you were handicapped. So it surprised you that he supported your trip to Maldives. A lot of people think he is your boyfriend but you never grew any feelings for him. He was really good looking and all. Actually, it was him who asked you to not fall for him ever. Dates between best friends were a recipe for disaster. He fell for Alexis, your ex best friend and everything screwed up. Everything.

“I have no idea, as much as it needed.”

“Just take all the time you need. Classes won’t start in three weeks so don’t worry.”

“How about you?”

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.”

You embraced him. “I’m sorry about Alexis.”

“What are you sorry about? If I see Minho, I swear I will kill him. And I'll make sure to tell Alexis everything I have to say in front of her stupid face.”

You chuckled but inside you were crying when you heard that name. You heard how your heart broke into little pieces once again. With every mention of Minho, you would want to cry. Your hearts was as fragile as a crystal glass.

“This nightmare will end one day, right? Someday I will wake up and everything will be okay.”

“You’ll find a good man and he’ll love you,” he hugged you. And you cried on his shoulder.

“Why didn’t I fall for someone like you, uh?”

“Because I’m not your style; and neither you are mine.”

You giggled between the sobs. You didn’t cry because you were sensitive. You cried because you had been pretending to be strong for so long. You were not made of steel, you had feelings. You could pretend to be cool and strong but sometimes you were a little sensitive kitty that needed to be hugged and someone to love you. You were the most sensitive when you were around Jonghyun. He was the closest person you had in Seoul.

“Go to Maldives and have fun. You will find a nice guy if you are lucky.”

“I’m sorry but I don’t want any relationship.” You wiped away your tears, ashamed.

“For now,” you added.

“I swear I’m going to kill Minho,” you heard him mumble quietly but you weren’t sure if you heard well.

 

***

 

Maldives was just wow. It was located in the Indian Ocean, southwest of India and Sri Lanka. There were many island, most of them turned into tourist resorts. Baro Maldives was called the resort you went to. At the airport there was a resort host that welcomed the guest and escorted you to the island. Didn’t it sound crazy? Well, it was. You felt like a celebrity. You didn’t mind to be spoiled from time to time; you haven’t received love for a long time, so you would enjoy it while it last.

You thought you would have to ride a bus or something with four wheels but it surprised you when you saw a speedboat after you got off of the van. Your excitement grew really fast. It took about 20 minutes by speedboat to reach the resort. 

The cold breeze got you dizzy but right after you touched down you looked around you with admiration. You and the rest of the guest –mostly couples– went straight to the resort, the perfect, uncomplicated and hassle-free to the holiday as the resort host announced. They were so friendly and gave you an excellent service. Hospitality was the best quality of Maldivians.

The content of the brochure was right. This place was couple’s travel destiny. You realized how many couples were there. You felt a little uncomfortable at first but when you decided that no one bothered to look at you –maybe because you weren’t looking pretty or as sophisticated as all those girls–, you thought the resort was perfect. However, ten minutes later you were sick of those lovely couples having in front of you, well, not literally having but kissing, touching and grinding at each other, the kind of stuff that couples in love do. Disgusting, you thought.

You sent Jjong a quick text message, the first and last one of the trip.

First impression: I have no words to explain how beautiful this place is, is this heaven? But uuggggh, can I send off all of these couple having in front of my eyes? I already miss you! Xoxo.

After you hit the send button, you turned off your phone and threw it into your purse. No more phone calls or text messages for today. You could imagine Jjong rolling his eyes after reading the message.

You carried your suitcase and went to check in, a process that took you little time but gained an embarrassing experience.

“Is there someone else that came with you?” the lady behind the fancy desk asked you.

“Ummh, no, I’m single. I mean, I came alone.” You blushed.

“We have a single bed room with a nice view if you are interested.”

“No, thank you. I already booked a cottage at the Water Villa.”

The resort had twenty Water Villas, wooden cottages with an amazing view of the ocean and horizon. Each one of them is intimately exclusive providing the perfect, private escape and an enviable place to stay in some of the most desirable Maldives Water Villas1, you thought as you remembered what you read on the brochure you got at the travel agency. That was exactly what you needed, a private escape.

You awkwardly smiled at her, asking her to continue the process so you could go to your villa soon.

“Here is the key of your cottage. Please, sign this and then you are done.” She smiled.

“Have fun!” she said.

Great, she felt pity for you. At least she maintained that friendly smile.

“Thank you. I will.”

You took out your iPod and put on the headphones after the check in and ignored all the couples and headed to your amazing cottage, all for yourself.

 

1http://www.baros.com/


I hope you liked the 1st chapter!! You will have Onew soon ^^