Meet and greet

Begin Again

“You won’t get out of this room with that outfit.”

“What happens with my outfit? This is what I always wear.”

“What happened to the girl I met at the airport? You wore a dress.”

“I was happy to be back at home. Now I’m not in the mood to wear dresses again.”

“I don’t usually say this but you have to try to be more, how do I put it? More mature, elegant, y.”

You put both hands in each shoulder of Jjong. “This is not a date. We will have a cup of tea, we may talk a little and he will give me my phone back.”

It’s not a date. You thought. Of course you were excited to see him because he was a good friend in Maldives. He supported you and didn’t whine about your horrible attitude about life and love. Well, he did a little. Jjong kept talking about him like if he was interested in him. He never supported you as much as now about dating someone. Sometimes he could be a little annoying. He wanted to see you happy, but he thought that having a boyfriend would make you happy when that was exactly what you didn’t want. Sometimes he wouldn’t understand your feelings well.

“That sounds like a grandmas meeting. And wasn't talking about Maldive’s friend specifically.”

You smiled. “If someone falls for me, I want to be loved just the way I am.”

“I guess you’re right.”

Finally!

“Okay, good luck. And have fun.”

“Thanks.” You gave him a hug before leaving.

He could be so stubborn but he was a good friend.

You arrived ten minutes before so you were surprised to see Onew already inside the café drinking a cup of something.

How could you call this… meeting, date, appointment, meet and greet? That was it,a meet and greet. You met him at the café and greeted him. That was all, not joking.

“Selene.” He stood up from the chair and gave you a hand shake.

He looked different (in a good way). He was wearing black jeans and a white dress shirt. It was a casual formal outfit, so different from his usual tees, shorts and snapbacks that you saw him wearing every day at Maldives. You had to admit he looked really good-looking. It also made him look older and mature and manlier. Then you understood Jjong about wearing more elegant outfits. Suddenly you felt you were too informal. You just wore a simple white tee, your favorite blue jeans, a green military jacket and sneakers. This is me, this is how I am, you thought.

“Hi.”

“How have you been?”

His voice was as you remembered. You had to admit you liked to hear his voice; it was kind of… sweet and relaxing. He got a unique voice. You couldn't wait to hear him sing.

“Missing my phone,” you joked.

He chuckled. “Silly,” he mumbled.

What? That derogatory feature again. He took your phone from his bag and handed it to you.

“Thanks.” If this was an anime, your eyes would be sparkling. You were glad you recovered all the pictures you took in Maldives.

“I’m sorry, Selene. I got a call this morning asking me to take after a class. A friend couldn't replace me today and I can't leave my students alone.”

“It’s okay. I’ve my phone back, that’s why we met, right?”

 “I have your number. I still own you a tea. I’ll call you when I have time, can I?”

You nodded. “See you soon then.”

You didn’t want to go back to your dorm and tell Jjong that you only greeted Onew and exchanged few words with him. He will bother you with tons of questions that probably wouldn't have good answers, so you stayed in the nice café that Onew chose and asked for a cup of vanilla, chamomile and honey Twinings tea. You came here for a cup of tea, didn’t you?

You checked your phone, not expecting to see any voice calls or messages. But you had an unread message.

 

Selene, I’d like to explain you everything

about that time…

Please, don’t ignore this message.

 

It was from Minho and sent three days ago. There were no more messages. He wasn’t really interested to talk to you. If he was, he would have insisted and called you or sent more messages, not only one message after three months of silence. Did he already give up? Really? Only one short message after all these months? But the truth be told, you wanted to answer him and know all the answers of your questions you had been wondering in your mind. The day you saw them half and kissing passionately in Minho’s house you just yelled at them –especially to him– every bad and all the derogatory words that came to your mind at that moment.

 

Okay.

 

I’m going to regret it, I’m going to regret it, you thought as you showed the message to Jjong.

“You should accept.”

I’m going to regr– what? Did you hear well?

“Excuse me? Are you serious?”

He sighed. “My only desire in this life is to kick Minho’s good looking face until he gets ugly, but aren’t you curious about what he has to say? I’m sure he will only say bulls, but you should give him a chance to explain.”

“You only want me to hear more s coming from his mouth so I’ll hate him even more, don't you? You hate him more than I.”

“You’re right. I just want to kill him with my own hands but you wouldn’t approve that. But still I think he needs to give you an explanation.”

“I already answered him.”

“I knew it.”

“Did you?”

“I know you well. I was trying to make you feel better about your decision.”

You kissed his cheek. “You are the best.”

“Don’t do that. I might fall for you.”

You hit his muscular arms. “Shut the up.”

“That’s not elegant, Miss Bird.”

“Onew said the same thing…”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“When will you meet Minho?”

“Monday. After classes.”

“You sound excited,” he said with irony.

“I am,” you replied with irony as well.