In Your Eyes

Begin Again

Onew didn’t give you any hint about the song he wrote, not even the title of the track or the name of the drama in case you search on internet and find out something. He wanted it to be a surprise, and he really meant it. He also said you could hear it on Friday and guess what, it was finally Friday!

Onew gave you the address of the company that bought the song that Friday’s morning and you got surprised to see it was the company that Jjong was working for. He didn’t tell you anything about that.

You went to Jjong’s apartment and you found him lying on the couch playing with his phone. He was checking the timeline of Twitter as usual, except the fact he never does it lying on the couch like if he didn’t have anything to do.

“You knew it, didn’t you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Your company bought Onew’s song.”

He smiled. “I suggested it and the company accepted.”

“Why you did that?”

“What do you mean? We met one day, I heard some of his work, I liked few songs and I offered him to work with us. He’s really good. It’s a pity he doesn't want to work with us.”

You didn’t know they met without you. Although they met for work you were happy they did. That meant Jjong already liked him and trusted him enough to give him that big opportunity of working in his compant.

“What’s the title of the song?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“Why!”

“Onew told me to not tell you.”

You sulked. “Oh, so now you two are best friends.”

He laughed. “You will be able to find it today. Well, in a moment. Weren’t you going to the company now?”

“Oh, that’s true. You won’t go?”

“I don’t have work today.” He said as lay back again on the couch.

“Hey, you’re hiding me something, aren’t you?”

“What make you think that?”

“You are smiling and you never stay at home doing nothing.”

“I am doing something.”

You narrowed the eyes and looked at him. “Are you sure you don’t have something to tell me?”

“You’re acting weird today. And you are late.”

“Oh. See you later!

But I’m going to ask you tons of questions later, Jjong. You thought.

 

***

 

“Aren’t you going to sing?”

Onew just smiled and asked you to take a seat on the chair.

You had a tiny hope that he would sing the song that he composed but that wasn’t the case. Instead, K.Will came inside the studio and greeted Onew with a hug. Were they close friends? Wow, your inner self exclaimed. Meeting K.Will was probably even better than hearing Onew singing. He probably wasn’t even a good singer. Why he wouldn’t want to sing, uh?

“Can you get me an autograph?”

“Are you a fan?”

You nodded. “And you seems to be close to him.”

“I am.”

“In that case, it will be easier for you to get an autograph.”

“Don’t you want an autograph from me instead?”

“What? No. I want K.Will’s.”

He laughed. “Okay. I’ll get you one after you hear the song.”

“Yay!”

“Listen well, okay?”

“Of course I’m going to. You wrote the lyrics and I’m dying to know what it is about.”

He smiled. He then made an okay signature with his hand to K.Will who already wore the headphone and was ready to sing.

“Listen well…”

 

 

I have been told once but
I felt the heart beating on that day

I know from the start
I was not sure what, we sounded like it is destiny

Love me and
Time will lead you
Forever without breaking up
I thought I was dreaming, like a real dream

Remember that day when we first met
Dazzling and radiant eyes and gave me such a day
Thank you for what you gave me

I know from the start
I was not sure what, we sounded like it’s destiny

Love me and
Time will lead you
Forever without breaking up
I thought I was dreaming, like a real dream.

Looking at me smiling to you
It was a good day
Why there are tears
In my eyes

Forever we will not break up
Always dream to hope that will not change the next day

Love stays
Our time to be together
Do not change, forever
Like a dream to me like a dream.

Remember that day when we first met
Strikingly radiant you for coming on such a day
I really thank you*

 

“Wow. Onew, you’re such a good writer. The lyrics is so touching.”

“You liked it?”

You nodded. “I loved it! But it would have been better if you sang it.”

He arched an eyebrow. “Weren’t you K.Will’s fans?”

“But I want to hear you sing.” You sulked. “I still want his autograph though.”

K.Will was busy and had another schedule to do so he said goodbye to us but still Onew managed to get an autopraph.

“Thank you!” You exclaimed and hugged him as you walked outside the company.

You had K.Will’s autograph, you were so happy. Of course Onew bragged a little about his friendship with K.Will.

“It seems you’re happier with a piece of paper than my song.”

“That’s not true. We should celebrate tonight! What about tonight at my house? I’m sure Jjong would love to come too.”

“I’m so thankful to Jonghyun.”

“So… tonight?”

He nodded. “See you tonight.”

“You’re not going home yet?”

“No, I still have some work to do here.”

“Okay, see you later.”

 

***

 

“We should make a toast! A toast for Onew’s song success.”

“I want to make a toast for Jonghyun who gave me this big opportunity. Without him my song wouldn’t have been used for a drama.”

“A toast for our friendship!”

“Cheers!” The three of us said.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t buy better drinks like champagne or something like that,” you said looking ashamed at the cheaper can of beer you found at the closest convenience store.

“A toast for cheap and delicious beers!” Onew said.

You laughed.

“Okay, guys, I’m going to take my can of beer to my apartment and get some inspiration to write lyrics as good as Onew’s,” Jjong said.

“What? You’re already leaving?”

He winked at you. “I think Onew has something to tell you.”

“What did he mean?” You asked to Onew.

He smiled. “We haven’t made our final toast.”

“Which one?”

“A toast for you.”

“For me?”

“You helped me to write the song.”

“What? I couldn’t even come up with a line.”

“You helped a lot actually.”

 “Oh, really? How…?”

“I’ll sing a song for you when the right moment comes. I think this is the right moment I’ve been talking about.”

“You… you’re going to sing?” Your inner self exclaimed out of happiness.

He nodded. “I made this song for you, Selene.”

“For me?” 

It wasn't even your birthday. No one has done something like this for you. Not even Jjong who always write songs. Why would he want to write you a song?

“Listen well.”

 

I have been told once but
I felt the heart beating on that day

I know from the start
I was not sure what, we sounded like it is destiny

Love me and
Time will lead you
Forever without breaking up
I thought I was dreaming, like a real dream

Remember that day when we first met
Dazzling and radiant eyes and gave me such a day
Thank you for what you gave me

I know from the start
I was not sure what, we sounded like it’s destiny

Love me and
Time will lead you
Forever without breaking up
I thought I was dreaming, like a real dream.

Looking at me smiling to you
It was a good day
Why there are tears
In my eyes

Forever we will not break up
Always dream to hope that will not change the next day

Love stays
Our time to be together
Do not change, forever
Like a dream to me like a dream.

Remember that day when we first met
Strikingly radiant you for coming on such a day
I really thank you*

 

It had a total different feeling hearing it from K.Will than Onew. You didn't remember the lyrics well from the morning to be honest. But now that you heard it again, you felt like crying. Onew's voice was like hearing an angel signing. His voice was sweet and warm. His voice was…  Onew! Now you understood the meaning of his name, Onew. His voice was sweet and gentle as well as his personality. It suited him perfectly. Just by hearing his voice you felt peace and happiness. But you were a little confused at the lyrics. Was he somehow confessing his love to someone? At least that was it seemed like to you.

After he sang the last line was followed by a long, long silence. Onew was the one who broke the it first.

“The lyrics were inspired by you. That’s why you helped me a lot.”

“You did this song thinking in me?”

He nodded.

“You’re crying. Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you cry. You didn’t like it?”

You shook your head. “They’re tears of happiness. It’s so beautiful. No one has done something like this to me before. Thank you, Onew.”

He approached you and embraced you tightly. You looked up at him and you saw a serious face. He was staring at you.

“What happens?”

“I’m really happy to have met you. You’re so important for me, did you know?” He said as he wiped away the tears.

“Onew…”

Like a scene in slow motion you saw every details before that happened. Your heart began to beat so fast. Onew stepped forward, shortening the distance between you and him and then placed both hands on both side of your cheeks. Your heart began to beat a little faster, then when you thought your heart will pop out of your chest, he leaned down to approach your lips and hesitantly kissed you. It was sweet kiss. His lips were gentle and careful, like if he was kissing a feather. He was hesitant at first like asking for you permission. Your first thought was to step away from him, but your lips wouldn’t obey you and you kissed Onew’s lips gently, softly and soon it became an urgent and passionate kiss like two lovers that hadn't kissed for years. The thing was that this was your first kiss with Onew.

 


*I can't write songs so of course I used the lyrics of a song that already exists haha. It is "In Your Eyes" by Onew (To The Beautiful You OST) ^^

I almost forgot to update, i was spazzing over this video, OT5 is so precious *-* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJvBTFn8J8&feature=youtu.be