Yes, I love you

Begin Again

“When you finish the song, can I hear it?”

“You can help me writing and composing the song,” Onew said.

“What? I’ve no idea about song writing and composition. Well, I write. Isn’t it the same?”

“We can come here and get inspiration from people.”

“That sounds good. Actually, that sounds delicious tea everyday!”

“You want to meet every day?” he said a little surprised.

You blushed. “I didn’t mean that. I mean I like to meet you and…”

“It would be nice to meet you every day.” He smiled.

“You think so?”

“You don’t?”

“I can’t study at home; I get easily distracted. I wouldn’t mind to come here every day to study and help you writing the lyrics of the song.”

“That sounds good. Do you still have time?”

“Hummmh…”

You had to study and prepare yourself for the conversation with Jonghyun later. But you didn’t want to reject him. What should you answer?

“You have to study, don’t you?”

“Yes, how did you…?”

“I also was a student. Don’t waste your time with me and don’t abandon your responsibilities.”

“Why are you so good to me?”

“Why you ask? Aren’t friends supposed to be good to each other? Isn’t Jonghyun good to you?”

“Oh, no, I didn’t mean that. Jjong is the best friend I could have had.”

You were actually thinking in Minho. He also was a student when you were dating and he didn’t care much about classes. He was more interested in other things. His priorities weren’t the same as yours. Why you didn’t meet someone like Onew before? You could have been so happy. Then you remembered that one can never really know a person well. Will someday Onew disappoint you? Or will you disappoint him?

Why am I thinking about this right now? You thought.

“You’re right. My responsibilities come first. Will I see you tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow here I will be.”

“Okay, bye.”

You walked to your apartment with a smile on your face. Even though you didn’t know much about Onew, he really seemed a good friend, and somehow you trusted him. Or were you too genuine to believe in him? He doesn’t know me, why would he want to hurt me? You wondered. Not everyone was an like Minho.

Jonghyun was already at his apartment when you arrived at his. You didn’t expect that. You thought you would have some time alone to prepare the food and to prepare yourself mentally before talking about that. He was laying on the couch with his forearm covering his eyes. You put all your purchases down on the kitchen counter.

“Are you sleeping? You came back earlier. I bought some sweets that you like.”

“Mmmh,” he groaned.

“Are you feeling okay?”

“Mmmh.”

You approached him and checked his forehead. As you expected, he had a low fever.

“What are you doing here? Go to the bed!”

“We have to talk first.”

You froze and your hands stayed still on his shoulders.

“Wh-what do you want to talk?”

“You bought my favorite sweets and came to my apartment before going to yours. Don’t you know you always do that when you have something important to tell me?”

You blushed. Damn, it was the second time you blushed in a day.

“I guess you really know me well. Can we talk after you get some sleep?”

“Is that bad? Did Minho do something?”

“It’s not about Minho so it can’t be that bad,” you mumbled. “Your health comes first. You have overworked your body.”

“You sound like I would die if I hear what you have to tell me. Just tell me already.”

“You’re so stubborn Jjong. Just go to ing sleep.”

He raised an eyebrow.

“Go to rest first, my friend,” you said in a friendly way.

He laughed.

“It’s not that important. It can wait.”

“Okay. You’re so stubborn, Selene.” He chuckled. “I’ll get some sleep first.”

“Good boy. I’ll be there studying.”

Since you had nothing else to do, you decided to finish some homework. After that, you read Jjong’s favorite book, Kakfa on the shore by Murakami. He was one of your favorite authors. You struggled with the book in the beginning but at some point you literally couldn’t put it down and read for hours on end. You finished it last week and decided to read it again.

You put down the book and stretched your arms and neck. Jjong has been sleeping for three hours straight. You decided it was enough for him to sleep and time to make dinner. Those sweets you bought could wait for tomorrow or maybe for the dessert. Reading made you forget why you were at Jjong’s apartment. A good dinner should be enough to build the mood for uncomfortable conversations. Cooking, reading books, writing, traveling and hearing music were your favorite things to do when you wanted to fight bad thoughts or any problem. All those activities you used to do them alone. You were more a lonely person than a sociable one. You weren’t anti social; you just liked to be alone. Jjong was the only friend that you felt really comfortable around because he understands your desire of being alone. You could stay in the same room with him and don’t say a word for hours and that won’t be awkward. You both enjoyed that comfortable silence.

Jonghyun came out half an hour later with his hair a mess. He narrowed his eyes and looked at you with suspicious eyes.

“What?”

“Look at you. Last night you came in crying and now you are in a good mood. ¿What’s the reason?”

“I met Onew. I’m not saying meeting Onew made me happy. I mean, he distracted me from university and Minho. He’s not the reason I am happy. I’m not happy actually.” You just shut up.

He raised an eyebrow and you blushed for the third time in a day. That wasn’t good.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"I feel great. All I needed was a good sleep."

“Good. There’s something I’ll like to discuss with you.”

“I hear you.”

“Do you want some potatoes first? It’s my specialty, and I know you love it.”

“Leave the ing potatoes alone and tell me what it is. You’ve been so weird since last night. Does Onew have something to do with?”

He dragged you to the couch and both sat on it.

“I have this strange feeling,” you said patting the zone of your heart.

“Strange feeling?” He said looking at the zone where you patted. “You like Onew? You have fallen for him!” His eyes opened wide.

“No, pabo. Would you stop talking about Onew?” you mumbled. How many times he has mentioned that name till now? “How would you feel if I tell you I’m in love with Onew?”

“Ummmh. I told you? Congratulations?"

“What?”

“You're being so weird, Selene. Can you just tell me what happens?”

Maybe you mistook it and he didn’t have feelings for you. He sounded sincere when you asked him how he would feel if you tell him you loved another man that wasn't him. He wasn’t sad or angry. Or was he pretending? Of course he wanted you to be happy in the first place so it didn't matter who you dated if you were happy. That was enough for him.

“Selene?” He motioned his hand in front of your face.

You braced yourself. “Do you have feelings for me by any chance?”

“What?”

“We have been friends for years. I know we promised to not fall in love for each other but we can’t control our hearts. If you fall for someone, you fall for someone.”

He stared at your for a long time. At least that was you felt like. Yes, his eyes stared at you one hour straight. Then he approached you, his face few centimeters from you. You leaned back until your back touched the coach. He was so close of you that you could hear his breathing. You gulped.

“Maybe you fell in love with me?” he whispered as he caressed your cheek.

He did as he was about to kiss you, then he leaned back and laughed out loud. “Of course I like you, Selene. You are my best friend. Yes, I love you, but it’s not that kind of love you think it is. I don’t see you as a woman. You’re my little sister and I could never fall for my little sister. I love you too much to be involved in such scandal, so don’t worry about that in the future, okay?”

You left out a loud sigh.

“You know, feelings are such a weird thing.”

“I do know. However, if I ever begin to grow feelings for you, I will block them. I’m serious, don’t worry about that again. By the way, what made you think I had feelings for you?” he giggled.

You hit him twice with a cushion. “Don’t laugh! I was so worried I couldn’t concentrate well at classes because last night I couldn’t sleep. I am so embarrassed now. Last night when I cried in your arms, it felt different.”

“Different in what way?”

You shrugged. “Just different.”

He patted your head.

You shoved off his hand. “I’m your little sister, not your pet. Don’t do that again!”

He did it again.

“Yah!”

He chuckled. “Let's eat! Your amazing baked potatoes will get cold.”

 

 


Just wanted to say that I love this man so much... and thanks for reading my fanfic ^^ (gif is not mine) 

tumblr_ngk2os2a6D1tl45hio3_400.gif