Apology accepted. Trust denied

Begin Again

“I don’t want to go to classes,” you whined a Sunday’s afternoon at Jjong’s dorm.

“Don’t lie to me. You love your classes. You just don’t want to meet Minho.”

“What are you doing?”

“Always changing topic,” he mumbled. “I’m composing a new song,” he said louder.

“Can I hear it?”

“I started to work one minute before you began to whine about classes.”

“Do I interrupt you?”

“Since when you have done that? I always work when you’re around.”

“Do I inspire you?”

He laughed.

“That’s a no.”

“The way you said it was so genuine. Of course you inspire me. Your life is full of drama, it helps me to write.”

“Oh, shut up.” You threw a pillow towards his face.

“I’m being serious. I have no idea about music composition. I’m just a business student but I can write. I have an inner writer. If you need help, just ask for it.”

“I'll keep that in mind. You’re writing a book, aren’t you?"

"It's not a book. I just write things, random things. I wouldn't call it a book."

"How's it going?”

“Mental block,” you simply said.

“Since when you have mental blocks?”

You grimaced. “Four months ago?”

“Tomorrow I’ll ask you this question again: can I kill Minho?”

“I thought after the breakup it would help me to get inspiration or that kind of but nope. I have this annoying mental block that blocks me from writing about anything. At this rate, it will never be called a book.”

“I have beer. Do you want one?”

“Okay.”

 

***

 

“How were your vacations?” Key asked.

Key was your classmate. Well, that was his nickname; his real name was Kim Kibum. He was immensely annoying. He was the popular guy along his best friend Lee Taemin. Both were so popular between girls but Key has had a crush on you since the first time he saw you. The first time he tried to hassle you actually. You wouldn’t call it love to be honest. You were his challenge. Yes, you were a challenge for him. He didn’t understand why you didn’t fall for him, the almighty Key that could afford to buy expensive clothes and gifts to his female friends. Taemin was a quiet person and didn’t say much, so different from Key. He was kind of a mysterious boy with his dark and messy hair and wise look. You used to think of him as a vampire. He was nice though. He was your friend actually but you wouldn't stay with him at classes or lunch time too much because of Key.

“Nice. How about you?”

“I heard you broke up with your boyfriend.”

“Ex-boyfriend.”

“So I’m right.”

“I’m sorry,” Taemin said.

“It’s better now,” you lied.

“It’s better for me too,” Key said.

“Shut up. You never grow up, do you?”

Suddenly, a girl caught Key’s attention and he ignored you. Taemin occupied the empty place that Key left and sat next to you.

“Do you want to talk about that?”

“There’s nothing to say about that. He cheated on me. I broke up with him.”

“Do you miss him?”

“Yes, I do,” you admitted.

“That’s normal. Eventually you will forget him, unless you fall into a trap.”

“What do you mean?”

“You still have feelings for him. Don’t get too involved with him. I’m sorry, but you look kind of weak. You seem those kinds of girls that might go back with him if he says the right words.”

“The right words?”

“I’m sorry, I made a mistake. I still love you. I miss you,” he said bored.

"What can I do then?"

"Find another person and fall in love with him? I don't know, surround yourself with people that make you happy."

“Don't worry, that won’t happen. I won't fall into a trap and fall in love with someone else.” You bit the lower lip.

“I hope so. Just look at Key. He is a playboy but every silly girl still falls for him.”

“Those girls are stupid. Why are you even his friend?”

“He may be a playboy but he’s a good friend.”

“Mmmmh.”

You got few more words from Taemin before he went to his own world to read books and write short stories. He was so talented.

 

***

 

Minho was already there at the elegant restaurant he chose. You just went with the same clothes you wore to classes. Minho looked painfully handsome. How could he manage to always look so impeccable? He looked like a young and successful entrepreneur came out from a magazine. How someone as handsome as Minho could be a of human being? You sighed and approached the table. You were ready to expect nothing from him.

“These are for you.” He handed you a bunch of red roses.

You snorted. Red roses symbolize love. He used to give you many roses in the past. Now it didn’t mean anything. At least that was you wanted to think.

“I don’t like flowers anymore.”

“You used to like them.”

“Used. Past.”

He ignored your comment. “Please, have a seat.”

“I can do it by myself,” you said when you saw him surrounding the table to help you take a seat.

Silence.

"Thanks for coming. I thought you would ignore my message. I received an answer days later after I sent it to you."

"I was outside. I went to Maldives for a week."

"How was it? Did you have fun?"

"Yes, I did."

More silence.

“Your outfit looks comfy.”

“Yes, it is.”

“You never dressed like this before.”

Because I was stupid enough to only wear things that you liked even if I didn’t. You thought.

“Everything you wanted me to be, I made sure I am not anymore. I’m not the same Selene you knew before.”

“You’re still mad.”

“I’m not mad. I’m hurt. There’s a difference.”

“I’m sorry.”

“We’re here to speak.”

“You already know what happened. I don’t really know what you want to hear.”

“You asked me to come. Just say anything, anything to make me hate you more.”

“Selene.”

“Selene stop! I was fooled for five months. Five ing months!”

As time passed you began to hate him more. You couldn't stand to see his face. You still had feelings for him but knowing what he did to you, it made you want to hit him with the roses. It was a weird mix of feelings. You didn't know what to think or to feel. 

“I wanted to tell you.”

“Why didn’t you tell me before? You could have broken up with me before ing Alexis.”

“Because I loved you.”

You snorted. “That’s funny.”

“I loved you but you didn’t seem to love me. You never saw me as a man. I had… desires.”

“That’s a pathetic excuse. So you ed my best friend because you loved me.”

“Can you stop being so cruel? We are here to talk, aren’t we?”

“I was never ready for you to leave! Seeing you right now in front of my eyes it hurts me, you have no idea how much. I wish you never cheated on me. I wish I never saw you with Alexis,” you said as tears rolled down your cheeks.

That was the reason you didn't want to meet him. You knew you were weak. You already wanted to go back to him. But you didn't endure four months of suffering to forgive him in ten minutes.

“We can begin again. I have changed. I’m not the same Minho.”

He’s saying the right words. No, no, don’t listen to them. Taemin was right. You thought. 

“That can’t happen. I can’t be with you again.”

“I’ll insist until you fall for me again. I’ll show you that I’ve changed. As soon as you broke up with me, I stopped seeing Alexis.”

Did he? What happened with Alexis? Where is she now?

“I told you. It’s impossible for us to be together again.”

“I told you. I’ll insist until you fall for me and trust me again. Can you at least forgive me? I’m truly sorry. I’m being sincere.”

“Apology accepted." Trust denied.

 


Happy New Year!!! ^^ 

tumblr_m2g4t9L9fy1qhaej0o1_250.gif