Sixteen (Changes)

Decision

“Are we leaving or what? I know Sungmin isn’t going anywhere but I want to see him right away.” Eunhyuk blurted out being his playful self.

 

“We all want to visit him but can we at least have something to eat first, I am starving.” Shindong added.

 

“You’re always hungry.” Kangin said to Shindong while giving him a soft punch on his right arms.

 

The rest was laughing except for Siwon, Leeteuk, Donghae and Kyuhyun, who are seemed to be engaged in their own conversation. Leeteuk was looking at his friends; a lot has changed from the dream that he had, Leeteuk thought to himself. He is now back in the present year, 2010.

 

Kangin and Heechul are no longer bullies. Kangin is now involved with real estate. He bought a 3-story building which he transformed into a nursing home for people that needed to be taken care of and with special needs. The center reminds Kangin of his mother and he dedicated the center in the loving memory of her.

 

Heechul is now teaching children with special needs. He owns a school which is dedicated to his brother. He realized that the only way that he can give something back to his brother is by teaching children like him.

 

Shindong and Eunhyuk now own a couple of gift shops. Their ever playful personalities were put into use after all. They have 3 shops, one that is solely for gags, the other is for special occasion like weddings, baptism, birthdays, etc, and the last shop is an adult shop. Shindong was actually against the idea at first but Eunhyuk was so persistent that he was able to make Shindong agree with it.

 

Ryeowook and Yesung are now both lawyers. Ryeowook is mainly focusing on abused women and children. While Yesung is focusing on representing the less fortunate who cannot afford to hire a lawyer from a firm. Both of them never lost a case. Their own experiences drove them to be hardcore at this field.

 

Siwon is now managing his own cabling business. On Sundays he never forgets about his faith, he is a pastor on 2 celebrations during the day; one in the morning for the young children and another in the afternoon for the young adults. He is the favorite pastor at his church; take into consideration his age and his good looks. And he is not officially engaged to Rain.

 

Kyuhyun is a freelance accountant. He had been offered numerous times by big firms but he just wants to keep it small. He is still pursuing his passion for music together with him is his girlfriend for 3 years now Janine.

 

Donghae bought Hankyung’s share of the coffee shop two years ago. After the incident, Kibum planned to close down the shop since he is not able to run it all by himself. Donghae made sure that this important landmark to them will remain intact. In addition, Donghae loves to mingle with all sorts of people and he thought to himself where else can he have that, work and play at the same time. He is now dating Yiuhan, one of Janine’s closest friends, they met two years ago.

 

As for Leeteuk and Sungmin, these two embarked in their own business venture. They established their own travel agency. Leeteuk thought to himself. There really will be times when two people, no matter how close you are, would still have a disagreement towards something.

 

“Yo Leeteuk! Do you think you’re ready to visit Sungmin? Or I think a better question would be are you ready to go back to the hospital?” Kangin asked Leeteuk, waking him up from his daydreaming.

 

“I don’t think I am, but this is the right thing to do. Guys, before we leave there is something I wanted to ask you. Siwon, is it ok if I get the consensus from them?” Leeteuk looking quickly at Siwon for approval.

 

“By all means, I supposed it is better that way, but remember the thing that we can do for you is to give you our thoughts, the last decision is still up to you.” Siwon answered.

 

So Leeteuk informed the other guys about the pact that he had with Sungmin. With Donghae, Siwon and Kyuhyun by his side. The guys were surprised and didn’t know how to react.

 

“Well the only thing I can say is that I judge your judgment. I don’t want to loose another friend. Loosing one took me more than a year to get over with.” Ryeowook stated.

 

“Leeteuk, you know his better than any of us, you know what he would want you to do.” Kibum added.

 

“Whatever your decision is, we know that it is for the good of Sungmin.” Yesung exclaimed.

 

Everyone was in agreement that they would back up Leeteuk with whatever he decides on until…

 

“I guess, it is kind of vicious even for me, but then again we didn’t have, or none of us had this choice two years ago.” Heechul blurted out.