Twenty (Sorry Sorry Sorry)

Decision

Coming back from the flashbacks of the month that had past, Leeteuk was about to open the door and face the reality of the present time. Leeteuk was trembling, everyone was looking at him. It seems like even the simple thing as opening the door was erased from his mind. The only question that was running through his mind was “Can I handle this?”

 

Donghae patted Leeteuk’s right shoulder making him shiver a bit.

 

Donghae :        Hyung were here. It’s alright. Just open the door we are right behind you.

 

Siwon :             Leeteuk, he looks good, as if he is just sleeping. Just think of it that way.

 

Eunhyuk :     If that is the case, Leeteuk you should be more careful, you have such a loud mouth that      Sungmin might wake up from his slumber.

 

No one laughed,  but Leeteuk gave Eunhyuk a forceful smile.

 

Leeteuk :         Thank you guys.

 

Leeteuk turned the knob and entered the room. The first thing he saw was the light coming from the window beside the bed, and in the bed was Sungmin. Leeteuk was not able to hold his tears, he immediately run beside Sungmin’s bed and held his hand. He looked at his best friend and examined him thoroughly, the tears just kept on pouring. The other guys were just staring at them, not one of them showed sadness to Leeteuk, prior to them visiting Sungmin they made a pact that no one would show any weakness to Leeteuk, he should draw strength from them.

 

Leeteuk took a closer look at his friend lying beside him. He saw a couple of bruises that are now healing, he couldn’t even imagine Sungmin being on that accident, if there is one person who he knew drives the best, it is Sungmin, he has always been careful. He saw the machines beside the bed, monitoring each and every heartbeat that his friend is doing. This gave him more pain. He can never forgive himself for what had happened to his dear friend.

 

Leeteuk :         Hey buddy, how are you? (Saying in a very weak tone).

 

With these words Eunhyuk and Shindong were not able to contain their emotions as well. Eunhyuk gave out a gasp and Shindong was sniffing at the side. Donghae and Kibum needed to grab the two sobbing away from the room. Leeteuk was emotional as it is already, the last thing he needed was hearing other people in pain of the situation.

 

Leeteuk for some reason was not bothered by whatever was happening around him, he was just focused on Sungmin the whole time. He was waiting for some kind of answer that Sungmin in some way actually can hear him. Not a twitch or even a single movement came from Sungmin, and this melted Leeteuk’s heart.

 

Siwon :            Leeteuk, hyung, Sungmin trusted you with it. I am sorry but the doctor said that he’s not getting better, well he is not getting worse either. A person can only be in coma for some time, eventually the people around him might get tired of it, hence, we are not sure how long he would be like this.

 

Leeteuk took a minute… While the rest of the group was confused of what Siwon just said.

 

Leeteuk :         Guys, can you give me a few minutes. Donghae and Kyuhyun, please explain to the others what Siwon means by that, I can see that they are really puzzled. And Siwon, you’ll be the first to know.

 

Donghae  :       We’ll be outside if you need anything.

 

Kyuhyun :       I am going to grab something to eat, do you want anything?

 

Leeteuk :         No, I’m good. Thanks, you guys.

 

The group left Leeteuk inside Sungmin’s room.

 

After being left alone, Leeteuk once again grabbed Sungmin’s hand hoping for some kind of response from him. Nothing…

 

Leeteuk :         Remember the first time we met, you just moved in next door and Donghae and I were the first people to approach you. You were so quiet and I thought you were just a snob but I offered you a candy and you smiled. From then on I knew that we would be best of friends.

                        I can still remember those nights when you would  throw small rocks at my window because you wanted to talk. Those nights when you would cry because you were so jealous of Siwon having an intact family. I always tell you, you may not have your parent with you, but you will always have me as your brother.

                         I am sorry, because I can only do so much for you. I know that having us around may make you feel happy for some time but by the end of the day, your only dream is to see your mom and dad.

                    Sungmin, lately I haven’t been the friend you used to have, and I am sorry for that. Sorry for making a business decision without informing you beforehand. Sorry for raising my voice to my younger brother who I love dearly.

                        When we made the pact regarding the decision that we would do for each other if something bad happens to one of us, I am sorry for not taking it seriously, I never in a million years thought this would actually happen. And now that I am about to make that decision, I honestly do not know what to do. I do not want to loose my best friend, but on the other hand, you’ll finally be with your parents if I make the other decision.

                       Remember when we were  17 years old? We used to like the same girl, remember her, Sun Ye. I was hurt when she chose you over me. But I was happy because my little brother was also happy, when she broke your heart, I was the first person you have talked to. The decision to give up Sun Ye that time, is so petty compared to the decision I am about to make now.

                         And finally, Sungmin, I am sorry if my decision would be the wrong one. I know you are having a hard time right now, being attached to this machines and being caged in this room. Before coming here, I actually consulted your doctors. They told me that we can remove these things out of you but we need to continue with your medication. Sungmin, brother, I have made up my mind. I know what to do. I just hope it is the right one. This will all end soon, and you will be in a better place.

 

With these words, Leeteuk was once again waiting for some kind of response from Sungmin. Nothing. Leeteuk took out his phone and dialed Siwon’s number.

 

Leeteuk :         Siwon, can you come in, I have already made my decision.

 

Siwon :            Are you sure? Do you want me to come alone or do you want me to bring the others?

 

Leeteuk :         Uhmm… I guess bring Donghae and Kyuhyun with you. Bring Kangin too.

 

Siwon :            Kangin?

 

Leeteuk :         Yes! I need to discuss something with him as well.

 

Siwon :            Are you sure? Don’t you think you need more time?

 

Leeteuk :       I hate seeing Sungmin like this. I will talk to his doctors after giving you my decision. It is for everybody’s good.

 

Siwon :            Are you going to pull the plug?

 

Leeteuk :         Just do as I ask. I am sorry. But this is for Sungmin’s welfare.

 

Leeteuk hang up the phone and smiled at his Sungmin.

 

Leeteuk :         It will all be over soon.