Twenty Two (Wonder Boy)

Decision

Leeteuk was panting as he run towards the facility’s hallway to Sungmin’s room.

 

Leeteuk:          NO NO! Please God.

 

Leeteuk kept on shouting. The other people at the facility were shocked at the sudden noise they heard from outside their room.

 

Leeteuk :         God! No, please. I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle if anything would happen to Sungmin.

 

Donghae was running behind Leeteuk, Still trying to calm him down.

 

Donghae :        Soo hyung. Calm down you’re making the other patients nervous.

 

Donghae was able to grab Leeteuk’s wrist and pulled him closer to him. Leeteuk was in tears.

 

Donghae :        Hyung, we have been through this. If anything bad would happen to Sungmin you said you are prepared for it.

Leeteuk :         I was wrong Donghae, I am not ready, I don’t think I will ever be.

 

Donghae hugged Leeteuk tightly trying to calm Leeteuk. Leeteuk was crying like a baby. Suddenly Donghae’s phone rang.

 

Donghae  :       Siwon! What happened?

 

Siwon :            Tell Teukkie hyung to come here quickly. Tell him not to worry, the doctors are here to check on Sungmin. Wonder boy.

 

Donghae :        Wonder boy? Why? What happened?

 

Siwon :            Just come here and see for yourself. By the way tell Teukkie not to make a scene too much.

 

Siwon then hang up. He sounded calm and very settled.

 

Leeteuk :         Was that Siwon? What did he say? Why are you looking at me like that?

 

Donghae just stare at Leeteuk blankly for a few minutes. Leeteuk was still in tears.

 

Leeteuk :         Donghae!

 

Donghae :        I am confused. Siwon sounded ok. And he called Sungmin, Wonder boy.

 

Leeteuk :         Huh? Let’s go!

 

Donghae :        Hyung stop crying I guess everything’s ok. Siwon also said for you not to make a scene. I guess they can hear you all the way to Sungmin’s room.

 

Donghae and Leeteuk run as fast as they can to Sungmin’s room. When they reached the door Leeteuk was not able to move. He just froze in front of the door. He was still not sure what to expect. What if Sungmin is gone and Siwon was just able to accept it right away, that’s why he is so calm. Did he really think that I am ok with the idea of Sungmin dying?

 

Donghae :        Hyung? Aren’t we going in?

 

Leeteuk :         I can’t open the door. Do me a favor and check what’s happening inside first. I need some time to regain my composure.

 

Donghae :        I guess that would be ok. But promise me no more shouting.

 

Leeteuk :         I promise.

 

Donghae :        Stop crying now. I am going in and I’ll be back in 5 minutes to check up on you.

 

Leeteuk :         Ok!

 

Donghae then went in as Leeteuk just stood there. 

 

It was more than 5 minutes and Donghae still didn’t go out. Suddenly the door opened and Kangin appeared.

 

Kangin :          Leeteuk hyung, are you ok?

 

Leeteuk :         No! What the hell is happening inside?

 

Kangin :          Uhm, the doctor’s are currently checking in Sungmin. Something happened that caused t doctors to panic.

 

Leeteuk :         What?

 

Kangin :          I mean…

 

Leeteuk :         Come on Kangin spit it out!

 

Kangin :          Let’s go in so that you can see it for yourself.

 

Kangin opened the door and entered the room. Behind him was Leeteuk. The latter was shaking and is trying to prepare his self for the worst. He is not able to see Sungmin’s bed right away, since he was behind Kangin.

 

Suddenly, Leeteuk heard a husky voice.

 

“Water. Is Leeteuk here yet?”

 

Leeteuk pushed away Kangin and saw Siwon holding Sungmin’s hand.

 

Siwon :            Sungmin, he’s here. Don’t force yourself to talk too much ok?

 

Sungmin :        I want to see my best friend.

 

Siwon :            Ok.

 

Siwon then turned to Kangin. Kangin nodded and moved to the side, which gave way for Leeteuk to be visible to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin :        Hyung, I am sorry.

 

Leeteuk was speechless. He was preparing himself for th worst but here is Sungmin, looking straight at him. Leeteuk run towards Sungmin, he removed Siwon’s hand and replaced it with his. Leeteuk is once again in tears.

 

Leeteuk :         It’s me who needs to be sorry. Are you ok? Do you need anything.

 

Sungmin smiled and looked at Leeteuk’s eyes.

 

Sungmin :        Water. Thank you for not giving up on me.

 

Leeteuk :         I will never will brother.

 

Leeteuk then turned to Siwon, still in tears but with a smile on his face now.

 

Leeteuk :         What are you waiting for? Get our prince of Aegyo some water!

 

Donghae :        Ahahaha! You stay here Siwon the doctor’s might need you. I’ll get some water and I’ll inform the others as well. With the scene that Teukkie left, I am sure the others are still worried.

 

Donghae was about to leave the room, when the door slammed open.

 

Eunhyuk :        It’s been ages what happened to Sungmin?

 

Donghae :        Everything is ok. See for yourself.

 

The other saw Siwon and he pointed to Sungmin’s bed.

 

They saw Sungmin and Leeteuk sobbing, but not saying any words to each other. That is how close they are no words are needed to express their feelings.

 

Sungmin realized that the others were already in the room.

 

Sungmin :        Did you miss me?

 

The rest of the boys run the Sungmin’s bed and cheered.

 

Siwon :            I told you so, Our Prince of Aegyo is a Wonder Boy!