Prologue

Decision

Young Leeteuk is playing on their front yard when he saw his new neighbors move in, it was summer of 1995. He saw that the family has 2 kids, around his age. He immediately called up his closest pal Donghae and informed him of what he has seen. They met up at their favorite spot on their village playground to inform the rest of their crew about the new kids in town. The 11 of them decided to make something for the family and they immediately decided to befriend their new neighbors.

 

This was the memory that Leeteuk remembered while he was seating on his front porch watching the sunset. He is now 27. He went back inside the house and tried to dial a friend’s number on his mobile phone. He hated the thought of visiting another friend in the hospital.

 

The phone rang and Siwon immediately answered the phone. “Hey Teukkie what’s up man? Have you dropped by the hospital to visit?, Siwon asked. “Not yet but I am planning to…soon… Look man, I need to tell you something important, and I guess you are the best person that I can talk to regarding this matter.”, Leeteuk said with a rattling voice. Siwon with very much concern answered “Sure thing bro, Let’s meet up in 30 minutes, same coffee shop as always. Ok?” “Thanks bro, be there in 30”, so Leeteuk immediate grabbed his car keys, together with the folder he has been meaning to discuss to anybody, anybody he trusted.

 

Leeteuk drove by Donghae’s place for some support. Donghae seeing Leeteuk’s car at the front of their driveway immediately hopped out of his room and met Leeteuk. Leeteuk with teary eyes just looked at Donghae and said, “It’s time.” Without saying a word Donghae hugged Leeteuk and accompanied him to his car. Donghae now on the driver’s seat, Leeteuk couldn’t focus at all.

 

While driving, Leeteuk remembered that the last time that he had talked to his bestfriend, Sungmin, they had an argument. He wanted to take back all of the nasty things he had said to him. The rest of their crew said that people make mistakes and awful things are bound to be said during an argument but nothing seemed to make him feel better. This is still the thought that was running through his mind all the way to the café.