Six (Shindong)

Decision

“I guess I don’t have any sad stories that I can share with you guys, I mean, mine is actually kind of a blessing in disguise. If it didn’t happen to me, I guess I wouldn’t have met all of you. I was playing by the playground, I think I was 9 or 10 then, I was actually bullied most of the time because of my weight, as you can see I have always been a chunky guy.’

 

Everyone crack a smile, Shindong, aside from Eunhyuk never fail to make them smile.

 

‘There was a kid, who taunted me and asked me for my lunch money, of course I said no, and this guy immediately picked me up and carried me to the swing, for some reason he was able to do so, I mean with my weight and all I though it was impossible, but he was able to. He took my money and put sand inside my pants, I was so devastated that I stayed by the swing and cried. A boy then approached me and said, ‘They did it to me too. Some day that kid will have his time and he will beg for our help.’ ‘Thanks, it’s nice to hear that it is not only me that he bullies.’ This boy is Eunhyuk, since then we have been inseparable. Our weaknesses became our strength. Me. being the fat boy in town made me realize that I actually have a gift, that being fat is actually not a bad thing. I can make people laugh. Days pass by and I didn’t saw the bully kid again, we thought that he might have actually grown tire of bullying people. Well thanks to this kid, Eunhyuk and I became friends. One day when we were on our way home from school, it has been our daily routine to pass by the ice cream shop and grab a snack to eat while walking on our way home.  We then saw this kid on the corner of the shop, a sent minded, I didn’t recognize who it was immediately, I told Eunhyuk that we should approach the kid and befriend him. The only thing that came to my mind is that, this is someone that I need to share my gift with. We approached the kid and offered him my chips. When he lifted his head, I then realize who it was, it was the bully. I was about to run away when Eunhyuk said no, and that we should at least talk to him. I didn’t see the bully that day, I just saw a lonely kid, a kid who needed some cheering. The rings in his eyes were so dark that you can tell he hasn’t sleep for some time. His eyes were wet with tears. I then asked, ‘Do you need some company?’, ‘Why are you here, didn’t I made fun of you before, why are you being so nice to me? Do you want me to beat you up?’ the boy said. ‘Look, I know you’re going through something and I don’t know what it is. I’ll leave you with my chips and my friend and I will be inside the shop. Just approach us and please bring the chips, I really love them. ’ The boy smiled. Eunhyuk and I went back to t  e shop, I was still hoping that the kid would change his mind, aside from his looks that is so bothering, I really love those chips’.

 

Now the rest are starting to laugh a little.

 

“The kid went inside the shop and approached us ‘Thank you, and I am sorry for what had happened before.’ ‘It’s ok dude, by the way my name is Shindong and this is Eunhyuk.’ I replied. The kid smiled and just said ‘Heechul’. ‘Heechul nice to meet you, Nice weather.’ Eunhyuk greeted him. The three of us hang out that day and he told us that it was his brother’s death anniversary and this is the reason why he was so down. Well we didn’t asked for details because it will make him more sad. I asked don’t you have any friends, he said that he has but his best friend was also going through a tough time right now. So we just hang out  and made sure that Heechul would feel comfortable with us. Since then he never bullied us. Actually Kangin and Heechul have been our defender whenever anyone would make fun of us. Thanks dude.”

 

“I remember this story, but you lost one important part of the story, this is the part that made me smile actually, Shindong grabbed the chips and shoved it in his face like there was no tomorrow.” Heechul exclaimed.

 

The mood is now a bit different, it is beginning to get lighter thanks to Shindong’s story.