Ten (Siwon)

Decision

“I guess I don’t have a story as sad as yours, mine is a bit different and I actually need your guys’ thoughts over something.” Siwon started.

 

Sungmin immediately answered, “Is this regarding Rain? That half Korean girl our family is so fond about? She’s a cool girl. I mean, a bit older than us but definitely cool.”

 

Siwon may be young but he thinks a bit old for his age, this is a trait that he and Donghae, his best friend, shares.

 

“I know she is a cool girl and all but thing is, I am not into the arrange marriage thing. I mean, a man needs to make decisions on his own, right? My grandfather and Rain’s grandfather were best of friends, they had an agreement that their kids would get married when they grow up, problem is, both of them had boys, so the promise was passed down to the next generation. Unluckily it was passed down to me. As Sungmin said Rain is a cool girl, but at times, she can be so irritating. Her family and mine would go out for dinner and of course they would expect me to take care of her. When we are at the mall and get separated from our folks, she would immediately call her friends up and hang out with them, I have no choice but to stay and listen to them babbling about how cute this guy is and what kind of shoes to wear with what kind of outfit. It’s driving me crazy.” Siwon stated.

 

Everyone now trying to contain their laughter, no one expected Siwon to be this so annoyed with a girl, he had always been a gentleman.

 

“I know what you guys think, that I am kind of pathetic, Aside from those moments, Rain isn’t really that bad. She takes good care of me. Once when we are alone, especially at their place, she would always feed me the food that I like, when I was 12, I find these things kind of annoying, but as time flew by, I also started to like her. ” Added Siwon.

 

With confusion in his tone Leeteuk asked, “So what is the problem? I guess she likes you as well…and…”

 

“No kidding, you were alone with a girl… in her house? Damn man, what in the world were you guys doing? How far have you gone with her?” asked Eunhyuk, cutting off Leeteuk.

 

Siwon answered with a little annoyance, “Nothing… Most of the time we just talk, she always shares with me her dream of travelling the world. With her wit and brilliance, it is not possible that she would be able to do that. And HyukJae, I know what you’re about to ask, a kiss on her cheek is enough to me. I don’t think it’s proper to go beyond that.”

 

Now everyone is laughing. Shindong even choked while eating and Ryeowook and Yesung, the sad boys early that night, can’t hide the smiles off their face, not laughing yet, the ambiance is better than before. Probably the last people who haven’t shared their stories yet, thought that a change of atmosphere is needed.

 

“Didn’t you guys talked 2 weeks ago? What happened? I haven’t heard from her, nor see her since then.” Sungmin asked.

 

“She left.” Siwon answered with a fake smile on his face.

 

“She left? Why? Did you guys have a fight? I mean I know your whole story but I haven’t thought that you could be so stupid to let her go. If she was my girl, I’ll make up with her.” Donghae asked with disbelief.

 

Immediately Leeteuk and Sungmin looked at each other and smiled. They knew for a fact that Donghae has a huge crush on Rain, he just couldn’t express her feelings because she was his best friend’s girl.

 

“I don’t think its like that man, I mean may be Rain had a reason to leave Siwon? Maybe she finally realized how boring you are.” teased Kyuhyun.

 

Kangin and Heechul punched Siwon on both sides jokingly.

 

Then Siwon finally explained, “Her family left to go to her mother’s homeland. She said that they would be staying there indefinitely.”

 

Everyone was shocked, not expecting the turn of events, well almost everyone. Kyuhyun being the smartest among the group anticipated this. He was paying too much attention to every detail that he actually kind of known what happened.

 

“But what ever will happen to the promise that your grandparents have?” Kibum asked.

 

“What about her studies? How old is she exactly? Is she that old that you kept her from most of us?” Hankyung added.

 

“She is 4 years older than me, I guess not that old. I didn’t keep her from you guys; we just thought it’s best to have few people knowing what we really are. Having an arranged marriage is so old fashioned. And guys, before she left I asked her what ever will happen to us. She is such an elegant woman and just said, that, ‘If we are meant to be together, destiny will find its way.’ Guys, I know this may sound dumb, especially coming from me, but what would do I do now? I mean, I think I actually want to be with her.” Siwon uttered.

 

“It’s good to hear that you finally realized how important Rain is. It’s up to you if you would wait for her, I would, but your life should not stop because of her. As she said, destiny will find a way.” Donghae said to Siwon with a heavy heart.

 

 “I think you guys, should still keep in touch though; communication is still the best key to a good relationship.” Kangin added.

 

“Come what may, Rain will always have a special place in my heart. May we’ll be together someday maybe not, but at least I had her for a while. And for the promise, who knows, maybe our grandparents will make the way for our paths to meet again. Thank you guys for listening to my cheezy story. ” With this, Siwon ended his story.