(Seven) Eunhyuk

Decision

Eunhyuk had been the funniest among the group, he and Shindong always make their team laugh. After hearing the stories of Ryeowook, Yesung, Heechul and Kangin, Eunhyuk wanted to keep his story light for all of them.

 

Everyone was engaged with their own individual conversations while waiting for the next person to tell his story.

 

“Uhum… Gentlemen hear my story.” Eunhyuk said as if he was a jester in a palace. He caught everyone’s attention; just the sound of his voice and knowing that he is the one talking made the rest laugh or if at least smile.

 

“You guys know that I came from a broken family. Don’t get me wrong. I guess this would actually explain my nature of making everyone happy. I was 6 years old then, when my parents got separated, I was suppose to stay with my mom until I reach the age of 7, thing is, she needed to go away to continue her masters degree. In short I was left with my dad. At first it was alright, I mean it was all about my dad and me. But one day my dad went home with a friend of his. He introduced me to her and said that they would be working in his room and for me not to bother them. Be being the good kid that I am just watched television as they work. Days passed by and my dad had been frequently on the phone whenever he gets home. He was so happy and always has something for me when he gets home. Everything changed one Saturday afternoon; my dad informed me that he needed to drop me off to my grandparents’ house because they would have a meeting at the office. I just got through the day without asking what the meeting was about. When he picked me up that night my dad was in a very bad mood. The next morning, I was surprised because my babysitter was not there, instead my dad was making me breakfast, I was so happy because he prepared my cereals and even made me pancakes. He even drove me to school that day. I didn’t know that this would be one of the last memories that I would share with him. As days go by my dad became more and more impatient, and his friend do not visit him as often as before. I didn’t have a clue what was happening. After several months, my dad would come home smelling like alcohol. I then asked him what was going on, and he just said it’s none of my business, to make things worst he even threw his shoe at me. I was so hurt both physically and emotionally, but I thought to myself maybe dad just had a bad day. From time to time we would have my grandparents visit us, to check up on both me and my dad. My grandfather then told me what was happening to my father, he was one of those people who his company needed to let go. I then understand why my dad had been so grumpy lately. And for his friend. She actually broke up with him a few months after he was let go by his company. My father was never able to find another job since. I’ve always known that my father actually have a good heart and it’s just that he is in the midst of a crisis, and this is the reason he is not able to take care of me. When I was about 9 years old my mother came back from abroad to finally take custody of me, I was so happy but I didn’t want to leave my father behind. From time to time I would still visit him and bring him something. I guess I have always been the kind of person who looks at the brighter side of things. A year after I’ve been living with my mom, I visited my dad, he wasn’t home. I then asked my mom to call my grandparents to ask where dad was. When we got home, my mom immediately rushed to the phone to call my grandparents, I was so excited, I was thinking, maybe my father finally have a new job and he was out to celebrate. While waiting and daydreaming of what the situation was, my mom let out a scream and called me out. She said that we need to go to the hospital immediately. I just took her hand and we drove to the hospital. My mom met up with my grandma at the nurse’s station, they were both crying. I then rushed inside the room to see what happened to my father, I saw my father lying on the bed. I asked my grandfather what happened, he said my father was not able to bear the sadness anymore. I didn’t ask for more detailed explanation then but when I was 12 my mom told me that my dad tried to commit suicide. We stayed with my father that day. I was disappointed with myself because I was not beside him to cheer him up. I was the only one that he has, his little chief. That day I swear to myself that I would always make the people that matter to me happy each and every day of their lives; this was my promise to my father. In the middle of the night, my father gain consciousness, I was beside him holding his hand. He said that he was sorry for being a lousy father and for being not able to take care of me as he should. I just said to my father, it’s ok and that he did his best. I was so proud to be his son. With this, I saw a tear from my father’s eye and before he closed them he said, I love you little chief. I just responded I love you too dad. This was the last time I was able to talk to him. My father stayed in the hospital for 3 more days, but his body eventually gave up and he passed away. I’m just so glad that my mom was already there to comfort me. I will miss my dad forever; and will forever keep my promise to him. Thanks to Shindong I was able to keep my family happy. He has been there since. Thanks man.”

 

“We’re more of brothers, I mean all of us. Whenever you need me, I’ll be there.” Shindong answered.

 

“Now whose next, my story starved me. Come on, next one please.” Eunhyuk immediately grabbed some chips and ice cream. Everyone tried to laugh but they all knew how hard it was for Eunhyuk to rekindle that memory.