Part Two – Fifteen (Agreement)

Decision

“Leeteuk wake up!”

 

It was a dream, a vivid memory from his past. That was the night that they made a promise to each other that no one can tear them apart.

 

When Leeteuk was finally able to compose himself, he and Donghae went inside the café. Siwon was waiting for them, seating at their favorite spot. Leeteuk immediately approached Siwon and the latter gave him a big hug.

 

“Hey man, it’s been a long time since we last talked; we have all been trying to reach you, but...” Siwon paused when Leeteuk took his hand.

 

“Siwon there is something that I have been meaning to talk to you about.” Leeteuk gave Donghae a quick glance, he gave him a smile and mumbled ‘Be strong, you can do it.’

 

“Sungmin and I made an agreement that if something would happen to any of us, the one left would need to make a decision for the other.” Leeteuk started.

 

Siwon was puzzled, not knowing where this conversation is heading.

 

“Donghae and Kyuhyun are the only people who know about this. Sungmin thought that it would be best to have it in writing so we both had our agreements in writing. Sungmin made his with Kyuhyun and me with Donghae. The other two would keep our parchments with them. We wouldn’t know what is written there until something would happen to any of us. I totally forgot about it until two days ago. Kyuhyun went to my place and informed me what was written in Sungmin’s parchment.” Leeteuk continued.

 

Sungmin had been in the hospital for almost a month now, and is being kept alive by machines. The remaining people from their group kept on praying that they wouldn’t loose another person from their group.

 

“Look, I know how close you are with Sungmin and I would totally understand it.” Siwon assuring Leeteuk.

 

“You know how the doctors told you and your parents that if he would continue to be like this for the next few months, that you need to do something about it. Well, Sungmin wanted me decide, he wanted me to tell you that if he is to decide for himself he doesn’t want to be a burden to any of you. But he wanted me to decide when to pull the plug.” Leeteuk now crying his eyes out.

 

Siwon was surprised with what he heard that he didn’t notice the group coming.