Nine

Empty Vision

Chapter Nine

 

Mino looked at the two laughing boys in front of him.

Nam Taehyun, who looked like a pale corpse were now bright and is smiling widely, and Mino can’t help but to feel envy towards the younger. Mino also wanted to laugh and smile. But he just doesn’t have any reason to.

Mino’s eyes twitched the moment he heard Taehyun’s loud laugh, apparently the tan male were given a task to guard Taehyun as the younger visits his friend who is in the hospital due to flu.

And the younger have been laughing at some lame jokes told by his best friend who’s is Lee Seunghoon.

 

“All the girls want me, seriously… I even have my own fanclub!” Seunghoon who is overly excited to see his childhood friend again informed all that is happening in his college life.

“Hyung, please…stop all those nonsense.” Taehyun replied, trying to choke down his laugh.

“My dear, don’t you have trust on my good looks and my mesmerizing dancing skills?” Seunghoon asked. The boy is studying in an Arts university, majoring in Dance.

Taehyun nodded, the younger is aware how his friend is really popular even when they are still in elementary and high school, he is just mocking his sick friend.

Both of them are still having fun, when Taehyun realized there is another presence in the room, the boy scratched his head before looking at Mino with a nervous smile.

“I’m sorry, are you already bored?” He asked.

Mino just shook his head and fumbles something again on his phone while Taehyun let out a sigh.

They are back to normal again, Mino is not talking with him again.

Not like he is close with you Taehyun, stop being delusional. Taehyun said inside his mind.

Seunghoon noticed the odd atmosphere radiating from the two, he smiled. No he smirked, the boy knew his child hood friend too well, and he just knew how special this certain man named Mino in the younger’s life. Oh how he can’t wait to ask question about the mysterious tan male to his best friend.

After a few more minutes of catching up with each other, visiting hours were already over and Taehyun were forced to leave his bestfriend, but not after promising to come back tomorrow morning.

 

The trip back to the safe house is quiet. Taehyun kept glancing at Mino who is driving—eyes straight and focused on the road.

Taehyun, for the umpteenth time, let out a heavy sigh.

And he does that every minute of the ride.

“Will you stop it?” Mino hissed, Taehyun’s eyes widens from the tone of the older.

“I’m sorry.” Taehyun whispered.

And just like that, everything turns quiet again and Taehyun could feel himself shattering and choking.

 

Mino stopped the car in front of the mansion and Taehyun quickly went outside, the younger breathe in the fresh air and is thankful that their long journey was over and he can breathe again, since the silence is killing him.

Mino started the car again as soon as Taehyun came out of it; the tan male wants to be away from the certain cat like boy for some reason.

And Nam Taehyun watched the car sped away with a questioning eyes.

And all he could is; Song Mino is weird and hard to understand. But that won’t stop him from getting to know more about him.

 

 

 

 

“You need a wine dear brother.”

Mino looked up and saw his sister holding a glass and a bottle of wine. He shook his head while smiling down, back to his text books. He heard a heavy sigh from Sandara.

“It’s about Taehyun right?” Sandara asked, Mino stopped reading the moment he heard the name. The girl smiled, she knows that mentioning the name of that certain boy is a big no no for her brother… but she is stubborn, and she knows that this is what Mino needs.

“Mino, loosen up bro. seriously, you know better so stop acting like this.” She said.

“What do you mean? Noona, just go nag your boyfriend and don’t go to me like mom.” Mino casually answered, eyes still on his book even though he is not reading anymore

“Mino, obviously… you have some hots for Nam Taehyun.” His sister said as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

Song Mino rolled his eyes and without saying anything, he left his sister and walked in a fast pace towards his room.

“So obvious.” Sandara told herself with a smirk—watching the retreating figure of her dear baby brother.

 

Mino can’t sleep.

It bothers him. One part of him admits the attraction he is feeling towards the younger. While the other half keeps on screaming that he should avoid Taehyun. Mino gripped his hair furiously, not minding the pain.

And that night, Mino learnt one of the agonizing and realistic lesson in life.

Love does not come in an easy way.

 

 

 

 

It’s been a week since Taehyun and his friends came back to the Academy. My Yang informed them that the safety and protection of the Academy is stronger. Mrs. Nam is in the province, of course with a protection from the Academy.

It’s been a week since Taehyun is trying learn as much as he can about his ability.

And it’s been a week since Nam Taehyun last saw Song Mino.

 

“You can access your abilities if you focus. Dig in to your deepest thoughts.”

Taehyun can’t take his mind off Mino.

“You are the only one who can control your powers. You are in charge of it.”

Taehyun can’t help but to think how charismatic Mino is.

“Feel the force, grab it altogether inside of you and pushed it down to in the deepest part of your mind and soul.”

Taehyun smiled as he remembers the way Mino held him during the experiment. Good thing he is not feeling well at that time or else he already melted on the spot.

“Do not let fear be on the way. No, let me rephrase that… Do not let anything be on the way as you try to use your ability. As much as possible, blank your mind and leave everything”

Taehyun loves how deep Mino’s voice is, Taehyun is very much in love the way Mino would protect his sister. Taehyun is attracted on every action of Song Mino.

Taehyun is indeed crazy about a certain boy named Song Mino.

“And I’m going crazy right now since all your mind screaming is Song Mino this, Song Mino that.” A voice suddenly interrupted Taehyun from his dream land.

“Oh my god, can you control it Taehyun?” Jinwoo laughed while Seungyoon is massaging his forehead.

A blush crept through Taehyun’s smooth cheek, and the younger wishes for the ground to open up and swallow him.

“Nam Taehyun, are listening? Repeat all the things I have said.” Professor Kang ordered the poor boy.

And all Taehyun could think is, this is definitely not his lucky day.

 

His body is screaming the word ‘sleep’.

Unfortunately, since he was not able to answer the Professor’s question during class he was sent to do some paper works and to clean the whole hall way of the school. What a way to start spend his comeback week in the Academy.

The younger swept the floor, running back and forth along the corridor of the school. He wanted to finish all his task as soon as possible since he is already alone in the vicinity and all students were back and resting already in their respective dorms. To add up, the dark hallways is not helping him.

He is a damn coward when it comes to darkness.

 “Need a hand?”

“WHAT THE?!!!” Taehyun jumped and the rugs and maps were now scattered on the floor.

A chuckle can be heard, and the pale boy squinted his eyes as he heard a very familiar deep voice.

Taehyun stared with mouth agape at the man walking towards him.

“Please, don’t do that again.” Taehyun said, wiping the sweat from his forehead through the back of his hand.

“Dry the floor, I’ll finish that part.” Mino simply said, but a smile still lingers in his lips.

“You don’t have to help me.” Taehyun said, the younger does not know where his courage came from.

“Just do what I said.” And with that, Taehyun cowered and followed the orders of Mino.

 

 

Taehyun is in cloud nine.

Taehyun feels like flying.

Taehyun is happy.

And that is all because Mino walked him towards his dorm and bid him goodbye but not before saying a gentle ‘good night’.

Taehyun couldn’t sleep that night; all his thoughts were filled with Mino. The younger felt like he is close, close for being a friend at least of Song Mino.

He smiled to himself.

Jinwoo, Seungyoon and Jinhwan shivered as they can feel that their friend is a hopeless romantic already.

 

 

 

 

“We should prevent him for killing somebody; you know how powerful he is as he kills.”

A long table were visible in the room, with people wearing cloaks sited around it.  Endless debates can be heard around.

“We can’t stop it. It is our nature. Be killed or kill. You know that. What we need to do is to make sure that he is always on our side. That is the most important thing to ensure.”

All of the people in the room nodded, except a certain old man.

“You know he will turn his back on us one day. It is predicted already that he will betray us.”

Silence.

“It is just a prediction. And with the new boy around, I am sure he won’t do anything reckless that will hurt the boy.” A lady said, breaking the awkward silence inside the room.

“But what will happen once the prediction for the boy occurred?”

Silence again.

 

 

“We could only hope that He is strong enough to not be swallowed by pain. I hope that everyone will make it through.” A very familiar voice said, sadness is visible in his tone.

 

 

And with that, Taehyun woke up… chest rising up and down.

A vision.

 

 

 

 

 

***

Hi! An update for you guys. Hope you like it :)

comment/vote/subscribe

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS! 

{don't forget to vote for WINNER in MAMA}

[VOTE FOR YG FAMILY ALSO :)]