Seven

Empty Vision

Chapter Seven

 

It’s been a week since Taehyun and his mother were locked down inside a safe house. All his friends is also with them and all throughout the week, they’ve done nothing but eat and watch the television and play video games. Sometimes, they would study and practice their abilities, but since Mr. Yang told them not to use their abilities for the meantime for some reasons, they can’t continue studying how to improve their powers. Instead, they would just read their textbooks and try feeling how to do all the things they have read.

 

Taehyun would always sleep, hoping in his dreams he could see what will happen to them.

But nothing came.

 

And after several attempts, the young boy decided to stop hoping. He decided to believe that his vision will come if it is meant, since maybe that’s how it works.

 

Taehyun walked around the garden, the high walls preventing him to see the outside world. The garden is his only escape on the suffocating feeling in the mansion. He does not where they are for the Academy personnel’s drugged them on their way to the safe house. It terrified him, but thought that maybe it is for their sake also. 

He barely got a glimpse of the dark sky above, the roof reaches up to the high wall; yes, he is in an indoor garden. His palms were now faced towards the sky; at least he can still see the small part of the moon.

A sound of light footsteps disturbed his momentum.

Taehyun looked behind him and his jaw almost drops on the floor as he saw who the new comer is.

“uhmm…” Taehyun felt like punching himself, he is stuttering and he felt like his tongue disappeared like magic and he does not know what to say.

“Mrs. Nam said that it is time for dinner, you better go inside.” Mino said, his deep husky voice filled the surroundings and Taehyun feel like flying.

The pale boy just stared at the well-built man in front of him, trying to comprehend that the tan male at last talked to him.

“Well?”

Silence.

And Taehyun bowed, muttering a rushed ‘Thank You’ as he walks away from Mino with a heavy heart. He badly wanted to talk to the man, and say thank you for saving them.

As Taehyun was about to enter the mansion again, he stopped at his tracks as he heard Mino said something.

“Thank you for saving my sister.”

 

And Taehyun does not need any food that night for he is already full and happy.

He dreamt colorful things as he went to deep—comforting sleep.

 

 

 

 

“This is soooooo boring already. I’ll die because of boredom!” Seungyoon screamed as he plopped down on the sofa.

“It’s better way than being tortured by those creepy dudes in black.” Jinhwan said, munching on his cheese popcorn while watching some action movie on the flat screen.

“I wonder when Mr. Yang will let us out of here.”

Taehyun let out a sigh; they have been waiting for the headmaster’s message or anything but nothing came.

“We don’t even know what is happening in the academy!” Seungyoon raised his voice and Jinwoo just soothed his boyfriend.

“All we can do is hope that everything is fine outside.” Jinwoo said, eyes trailing to his friends.

“I’ll just go to my room, I feel sleepy already.” Taehyun said as he stood up and head back to his room which is located at the second floor of the mansion.

He jumped to his bed, arms sprawled around.

He is tired.

And he does not know why.

His body is fine, but his mind is nothing near healthy as of the moment. All the thoughts of what really is happening are draining the life out of him. He is going crazy again; he badly wanted to know everything. And that includes who are the members of ‘The X’ and when will they come again. Will he live through the year? Is his brother safe with his granparents.

And he wanted to know what is Mino’s power, as he heard from the story of his friends from the night the tan male saved them… Mino defeated all the attackers.

 

Taehyun wanted to know what Song Mino is capable of.

 

And with thinking too much, Nam Taehyun fell asleep…mumbling Song Mino’s name over and over unconsciously.

 

 

Blood.

Blood everywhere.

Taehyun run.

Run

And

Run.

But his eyes is blurred with tears, heart clenched with uneasiness and legs shaking.

He fell.

And as he looked at the ground, it is not full of dirt but is covered with blood.

He screamed.

His hands are tainted with red. Blood.

 

“Taehyun.”  A deep voice called him, and the younger could feel the fear being taken away from him.

He looked at the source of the voice, and there he saw the man whom he can’t get out of his mind.

“Mino.” Taehyun whispered, tears still spilling from his eyes.

“Stand up.” The other male ordered.

“I can’t” Taehyun replied, voice shaking.

“Yes you can. You are strong. The strongest I have ever known in my life. Stand up.” Mino said with a smile. Taehyun was mesmerized by it, the smile. Taehyun’s heart feels like exploding. He can’t explain what he is feeling. Just by looking at Mino’s smile, all his fears were now long forgotten.

Taehyun slowly lifted himself from the ground. He saw Mino raises his hands towards him, he looked at Mino’s eyes.

“Hold my hand.” The male said, and Taehyun felt his breathe almost stopped.

He gently put his hand on top of Mino’s.

It is warm.

Song Mino’s hand is warm, and Taehyun wanted to melt the moment their skin made contact. The pale boy can feel the blush in his cheeks. And he felt like everything is already fine. His tears were no longer there. And the atmosphere is now light, far from being tragic a while ago.

And that is all because of Song Mino.

“Mino.” Taehyun said in a soft voice. The other replied to him with a smile and light squeeze in hands.

 

 

A thud.

“Ouch!” Taehyun hissed as he gently pat his cheek.

“At last, he is awake.” A voice said.

Taehyun’s eyes caught a certain person in his room and he gulp.

“What are you looking at? Stand up, it’s moring already and Mr. Yang said we should keep going.” Mino said, his alpha feels hits Taehyun like a truck and the younger can’t help but to obey the tan male.

Groggily standing up from the floor, he looked at the man in his room.

“Faster.” The taller said, eyes glaring at Taehyun.

“Sorry!” Taehyun said as he ran inside of the bathroom.

 

A dream. It is only a dream. Because the real Song Mino is scary and, very bossy.

That is all Taehyun could think.

 

 

 

 

Just as Taehyun thought that there is a hope of being a normal person again, he found himself inside a white room. Apparently, Mr. Yang wanted to test Taehyun’s ability.

         We wanted to see how much your ability can do.

 

A cold metal was then attached to taehyun’s chest.

          This test will help you control more your power. We need you to learn how to distinguish the dreams from the visions.

 

A red hair woman gently patted taehyun’s forehead and attached a something on it. Taehyun shivered for it felt cold against his skin.

     This is Ms. Park Bom, she will assist you in this test.

 

“I will be fine right?” Taehyun felt like puking, he is scared.

“You just have to relax dear, this will be a bit painful at first—but it’s bearable.” Taehyun nodded, he stared at who seems to be a doctor named Park Bom.

“Will this really help me improve my skills?” Taehyun asked.

The older lady smiled and let out a slight nod.

 Then soon after, Taehyun felt a prick on his skin and he saw through his blurred vision Ms. Park Bom with an injection in her right hand.

“Shhh, go to sleep and once you wake up, everything will be fine.” Taehyun heard before he was swallowed by the dark.

 

 

 

Taehyun is standing in a field.

The sky is dark; the wind is hustling through his ears. It is cold. So cold that he could feel his hands going numb. He looked at his surroundings with a nervous expression.

 

“Taehyun watch out!” Someone screamed.

Taehyun felt like his body was being dragged down on the ground. Firm arms wrapped around his thin body, he looked at the person who saved him from ‘something’. His mouth felt dry, and his heart felt like it will explode.

“Mino.” Taehyun breathe.

“You dumb, get out of here… Just think what will happen next and Seungyoon will give us a warning. Go hide with Jinhwan.” The other male said, Taehyun blinked and before he could say anything he was dragged out of the field.

And that’s when he realized everything that is happening.

Fire can be seen everywhere.

Screams now filled the air.

 

He saw the headmaster having a one on one battle with a man with a silver hair.

Everything is in chaos.

He is inside a battlefield.

 

In a matter of seconds, everything changes.

His eyes were about to pop out as he stared in the new scene before him.

 

His friends, Seungyoon, Jinwoo and Jinhwan all lying the cold ground.

Dead.

 

“Weak.” Said an unknown voice.

 

 

“Call Mr. Yang!” Bom screamed on the top of her lungs.

The doctor is trying to calm down the shaking Taehyun—who is still unconscious. The boy’s heartbeat is not normal, he is palpitating. She tried to wake the boy up, but failed.

“What is happening?” Mr. Yang asked in a harsh voice.

“The boy seemed to be seeing something. And the way his body is reacting, it is not good. We need to wake him up!” the red haired doctor said. her delicate hands were now slapping lightly the pale cheeks of Taehyun.

“No. Let him be, we need him to see everything.” Mr. Yang says in a firm voice.

The other just stared at the man with her eyes wide open.

“YOU ARE IMPOSSIBLE! The boy might die!”

Before anything could happen, the door was harshly opened revealing Song Mino while the other two in the room just stared at the new arrived boy and does not know what to say.

“Mino! Get out of this room now!” Mr. Yang said, voice sharp like daggers.

The tan male didn’t move nor listen to the old man. He quickly shook Taehyun’s body in order to wake him up. His arms were now gathering the shaking Taehyun.

“Taehyun wake up. If you wake up now, this will be over.” Mino whispered in Taehyun’s ears.

 

Taehyun felt like something is pulling him out of the battle field. His eyes still set on the dead bodies of his friends, his tears is like a river flowing from his eyes and his whole body is shaking.

          Taehyun wake up. If you wake up now, this will be over

He looked around, he knows that voice. That deep, husky yet gentle voice.

And just like that, he felt like he was being thrown in a cliff and he saw himself in a bed, his surroundings is all white and a strong form hands were around him.

 

“Mino.” Taehyun whispered, voice hoarse.

“Shhhh everything is fine now. Everything will be alright.” Said the man who never fails to make Taehyun’s heart beat like there is no tomorrow.