eighteen

Empty Vision

Chapter Eighteen

 

It’s been a week since Mino left and all Taehyun could do is walk around the house, have some fun chat with his new friends, and play video games and sleep. They won’t let him out of the house, and the pale boy can totally imagine how Mino asked Minzy and the others about this.

“Do you really think he is safe?” Taehyun asked Luhan.

“Of course, Mino knows what he is doing.” The other smiled.

“You’re lying.” Taehyun said.

The deer like boy almost jumped out of his sit, he looked for any help around the room but his dear friends avoided his eyes. The truth is, he does not know whether Mino is safe or not. All can think of is, how powerful the ‘X’ is and sometimes, Mino can be dumb fxxk.

“Everything will be fine Taehyun.” Was all Luhan can say, he knows that there is no words that can comfort the other.

“I hate those words, hyung.” The pale boy let out in a whisper.

The other people on the room looked Taehyun as if they all wanted to hug the younger and to let him know that in some ways, everything will be okay.

 

Taehyun watched as Kris and Kai went out of the house.

“Where are they going?” Taehyun asked Minzy.

“Hmmm? Oh, they will fetch Kyungsoo... you will meet him later.” Minzy answered, eyes shifting from Taehyun and back to her book.

“So, how many are you exactly in here?”

“We are actually six in this house.” The girl replied and Taehyum hummed in return.

Taehyun can see how tight the bond Minzy and the others have. They treat each other like brother and sisters. He also found out that they are all from some academy around some place in Japan, and since the group felt like they are not for the Academy—they all decided to drop out and just train on their own and move places. He just adores how his newly found friends are so strong, not only when it comes on their ability but in making decisions.

“Hey Minzy, do you mind me asking—I mean, I never knew your ability.” Taehyun asked, he fidgeted his fingers and trying to avoid looking straight on Minzy since he does know how the other would react. He just doesn’t know why he asked that answer. Maybe because he is very curious.

The girl let out a warm smile. And a few moments of silence have passed.

“I can see the future. Just like you.”

And Taehyun’s jaw fell on the floor.

 

 

“Now, since Kyungsoo is here already—I bet tracking the ‘X’ won’t be too hard neh?” Kris asked the group. Kai nodded and shifted his gaze on Minzy who is busy preparing the dinner. But the tan male can’t helped but to think what will happen to them, especially now that Taehyun already knew about his girlfriend’s ability. He knows that the tan male is hoping and thinking that Minzy can help him.

“Taehyun, can I have a word?” He called out.

Taehyun nodded and stood up to follow Kai in the garden, he also sent a smile on Kyungsoo who is busy hugging and pinching Kris.

They are walking in silence. And Taehyun felt like he wanted to smack himself because he can’t take the awkwardness lingering in the air.

And at last, Kai decided to speak.

“I met Minzy when we are on field training. She is the only who beat me on it.”

Taehyun looked at the other; he can feel the softness in Kai’s voice when it comes on Minzy.

“Since she can see the future, she can see where I will teleport that’s how she out smart me… She is lethal yes, and maybe that’s why our Academy decided to take action towards her. She is getting to powerful; thEy are all terrified that she can overpower the higher ranks.”

Silence.

Taehyun could feel his stomach lurching.

“One night, they called her for some laboratory exam. Little did we know, they will take her ability.”

The pale boy’s knees have gotten weak. How can someone do that?

“We don’t know how, but all I am sure about is—there is still some left for Minzy. She is weaker but her instincts are still there. I took care of her during those days that she felt like dying after what they’ve done to her. And, all of a sudden she insisted that we should escape the Academy. She said she had a dream that the school officials are running after us, all having the goal of killing us. And that really happened. That is the real reason why we left the Academy. We need to save our own lives. What I really wanted to tell you is, Taehyun—I don’t and I’m sure Minzy also doesn’t want to disappoint you. We all know how you are having some hard time with your ability but, no one can help. At least here…. But Taehyun, the world we live in is harsh. And in the end—you only have yourself as your savior.”

“I—” The latter does not know what to say. After what he has heard, that is when he realized that if he will continue to sit and wait for Mino, nothing will happen. He won’t even benefit from it

“You don’t have to say something.”  Kai said with a smile. He wishes nothing but to give courage to Taehyun.

“I don’t have any idea what Minzy have been going through.”

Kai pats Taehyun’s shoulder.

“She is recovering, but the visions won’t come. Bet that they are only there—and will come out if Minzy is feeling that she is really in grave danger. We don’t know how it works, but we are hoping everything will back to normal for Minzy.”

Wait.

“She is feeling weak?” Taehyun suddenly asked.

Kai looked at him for a moment and nodded, the tan male does not know where the conversation will go.

“As if, she does not have the energy for her ability right?” Taehyun whispered, realizations hitting him all at once.

“Yes, that’s what she said.”

“Have you tried asking for help to a healer?” The pale boy asked, hoping they the other will answer no.

Kai silently shook his head.

“I think—I think I know what Minzy needs.” Taehyun said with a proud smile.

As soon as Kai heard what Taehyun said to him, both of them immediately went back inside. The saw the others watching some action movie.

“Guys, Taehyun has an idea on how to help Minzy.” Kai announced. Kris grabbed the remote control and turned the flat screen off. All of them sat in circle as they waited for Taehyun to explain to them what he has in mind.

“I remember one of my friends back from the academy. He is a healer, he to0ld me that he would usually transmit some energy to someone and viola—that certain person will be more powerful. I’ve been thinking, since Kai told me that Minzy still has this sort of instincts, what if what she needed is some re-charge.”

Silence.

“Well, what he is saying makes sense tho.” Kyungsoo spoke, breaking the silence.

“I don’t know.” Minzy let out in a shaky voice, the girl is looking down on the floor. Kai wrapped his arms around his lover, he knows that Minzy is already loosing hope when it comes on redeeming her ability.

“We will never know unless we try.” Taehyun said. Gentle smile spreading across his face, the others nodded and waited on Minzy’s decision.

 The girl looked at her friends, she saw the hope in their eyes.

“Well, let’s give it a try.”

 

 

 

            We don’t know if he will make it.

Mino looked at his broke friend, lying in the bed.

            Do something then, let Jinhwan heal him. Just do something.

He can’t recognize his friend anymore.

            We already did that, but Jinhwan can’t heal someone who does not want to be healed.

            You are the headmaster. Do something.

Mino winced once his eyes glanced over his friends broken arm, bruised face and chest heaving.

“He is resisting my chakra.” Mino looked at the smaller one beside him.

Jinhwan’s eye bags prove that he is tire already. He have been trying to heal Hanbin for the past 48 hours.

“What the hell does he want?” Mino muttered.

“Can’t you not read anything?” The other asked.

Mino tried to read Hanbin’s mind. But it is quiet. Not even a single word can be read from it. Not even a dream.

Strange.

“Nothing. Weird.” Mino said.

Jinhwan frowned.

“They erased everything. We all know Hanbin’s memories can also serve as evidence.” Was all Jinhwan said. Mino nodded and let out a heavy sigh.

The tan male does not know what to do. He does not know what will happen to him if something will happen to Hanbin.And what bothers him the most is why would Hanbin refused to be healed. Something is not really right.

“Jinhwan, just please… try to give him more chakra, just enough for him to wake up. Just try please” Desperation is obvious in Mino’s voice and Jinhwan can’t do anything but to nod and pat the taller’s shoulder.

And then, he proceeded on transmitting chakra to Hanbin.

 

 

Taehyun tilted his head as he watches Kyungsoo grabbed some dust. All of them are standing in the garden, and the pale boy does not know what is happening.

“So, what now Soo?” Kris asked, eyes searching for some answer to his lover’s eyes.

Kyungsoo straightened up and clasp his hands, eyes looking straight ahead of them. His lips are formed in thin line.

“They will be here in a day. We better move out.”

Taehyun felt like he was being bath in ice cold water. He does not need anyone to explain to him and tell him who is coming.

“Time to pack guys, no panicking.” Kris said, eyes looking straight to Taehyun. The tall blonde male is measuring up Taehyun’s reaction.

Minzy and Kai tugged Taehyun and helped him on fixing his stuffs while Luhan prepared their vehicles.

Taehyun is moving but his mind is blank. His fingers are twitching against the soft cloth of his t-shirts but he can’t feel anything.

Fear has eaten him.

No, I should control myself. Now is not the time to be like this. I need to calm down. I need to helpful to my friends. Taehyun kept repeating those words inside his mind.

“Faster people, come on!” They heard Kyungsoo shouted from downstairs.

The three of them quickly went to the garage hands full of bags. Taehyun saw two black Toyota prius.

“Taehyun, you go with Kris and Kyungsoo.” Luhan said while assisting the boy on one of the cars. Kris immediately went in the driver’s seat while Kyungsoo settled on the passenger sit. Taehyun bid Minzy goodbye, telling a soft be safe to his other three friends.

Within minutes, Taehyun found himself staring out of the window, trees blurred as they passed through it. He also noticed how Kyungsoo and Kris’ holding each other’s hands in the arm rest.

Taehyun smiled.

“Where are we going by the way?” He asked.

“Back to your academy.” Kyungsoo replied.

“But Mino…”

“They are around us Taehyun, and obviously… they are trying to drive us back to the academy. It’s either we fight and die since we are outnumbered, or we do what they want for now and think how to defeat them later.”

Taehyun gulped. He leaned back on the leather sit and tried to have some nap, or more like he wanted to try if a vision will come.

He waited, and he let the sleepiness take over him.

Taehyun does not know if it is just a dream or a vision, but all he can remember before Kyungsoo woke him up is green. Vast land, a land full of grass.

 

 

 

 

Mino looked at the group of people in front of him.

“We don’t have a choice! Darn it Mino, can we just talk about this later we all need sleep. We are still having some jetlag and we are soooo hungry.” Luhan shrieked, eyes waving violently up in the air.

Mino didn’t say anything but he held Taehyun tightly—who by the way looks like he will faint any minute. The tan male assists his lover to his room, carefully placing him in the bed and covering his thin body with blanket.

“Sleep, I will be here so don’t worry.” Mino said, his hands are soothing Taehyun’s locks.

“I am tired, but I don’t want to sleep.” Taehyun said.

Mino frowned.

“Can you take Minzy to Jinhwan, I know he is still trying to heal Hanbin but I guess if Jinhwan can sort of transmit some energy to Minzy she can have visions again.”

“Okay, I will take her later. But first you have some rest.”

Taehyun shook his head.

“You can’t stop it you know. The battle, and it is said that I should be there.”

Mino felt the air knocked out of him. How.

“I dreamt of it once, we are in a wide arena. It is green everywhere, thought is it just nothing but then I saw it again when I fell asleep last night. It is the battle right? And you left me with Minzy because you are afraid that something will happen to me in that battle. Or you already know what will happen.”  Taehyun looked at Mino, he never felt so sure in his life until now. He wants to slap himself for not realizing anything earlier.

“Seems like that rings is not working at all.” Mino smiled as he stared at the green gem on Taehyun’s delicate finger, he kissed it and then his lips touched Taehyun’s forehead.

“We will fight this battle together Mino. We are stronger if we are with each other.” Taehyun murmured, he brought his face on Mino’s chest. The taller held his lover tightly. He is indeed afraid. No, he is terrified.

“Stronger huh?” Mino said under his breath.

“You don’t have to worry about me too much. I will be fine.

Mino looked at the smaller; he never realized how much he loves Taehyun until now. The feeling of being afraid to lose him, he does not know what to do if that happens. But maybe Taehyun is right, maybe all of his friends are right. He should start facing it rather than hiding Taehyun.

After all, he believes that Taehyun is strong and he can do everything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED W/ TAEHYUN AND SEUNGYOON'S WEBDRAMA?

comment/vote/subscribe

 

THANK U GUYS~ <3