Twenty Three

Empty Vision

Chapter Twenty Three

 

A week before ‘The Battle’

Mino walked towards the forest that is near the Academy, he doesn’t know why but something is luring him towards it. After the very disturbing vision he saw about him dying and so as Taehyun—he can’t seem to take a peaceful time.

He will do everything to stop it.

At least Taehyun’s death.

Walking mindlessly towards the trees, it is cold and foggy. His breath steamed. For a normal person, the place could be freaky, but not for him.

He just stood there, shoes now muddy. He clutched his coat tighter around him. He tries to sense any other people around the place, and before he could turn around he saw a man.

A very familiar one but he doesn’t know where he saw him.

His orange hair looks magical against the lights of the moon.

“Song Mino.” The man greeted.

“Who are you?” Mino asked.

“You’ve grown to be such a fair young man.”

The man stepped out of the shadows and so Mino could see clearly his face now. He felt shivers run through his spine, the more he stared at it—the more Mino could see himself in the man.

“It can’t be.” Mino said under his breath. He took a step back, he is so sure he wanted to run back to the academy, to his lover who is soundly sleeping. He doesn’t want to have any interaction with the man in front of him.

His father.

“It took me a while to chase you down and interfere with your vision.” The man smiled

“Leave now.” Mino’s voice is full of venom.

“I will, but after I tell you what you have to do in order to save yourself and your lover.”

“I don’t need your help.”

The man chuckled. “You need my help, you know…deep inside, that you are already desperate.”

“You left me.”

“I have no choice. If I am around you, your life will always be in danger.”

“Figures. Not like my life is not in danger now. Reality check, Junsu is after us. Me in particular.”

“That is why I am here. All I need you to do is listen, and trust me this once. Leave your ill feelings towards me and do this for Nam Taehyun. That boy, from the start is destined to die. And you, are destined to live your life without the only person you care the most, we don’t want that to happen right?” The look on Mino’s father mirrors pain. The tan male hesitated if he should really listen.

After all this years, he spent his life without his father. And now that he is back, on a very bad timing, Mino doesn’t know if he should trust the latter.

“You are the one who wrote the blood writings on the wall. Tell me, are you also the one who hurt Hanbin?” Mino asked.

“I am the one who wrote the writings, but I didn’t harm any of the students—I didn’t do anything to your friend.”

“Look son… we don’t have much time, listen… let Junsu kill you.”

Mino frowned. “WHAT?”

“Let Junsu kill you and leave everything else to me. I will find a way to locate the origin.”

“The Origin? I thought he is just a myth? Or like dead? What are you saying?”

“He is dead yes, but he is not a myth. With the Origin, everything will be back to normal, you will have your most wanted peaceful life with Taehyun. But right now, I want you to go with the flow. In the battle, Junsu will try to kill Taehyun.”

“I won’t let him.” Mino said firmly.

“I know, that is why you need to die. I won’t tell you what will happen right after because you will know once you die, trust me…you will know. But right now, we need to secure that Taehyun and Hanbin will live. Your friends ability to communicate with the dead will come in handy in the very future. As for Nam Taehyun, the Origin will need him.”

It took a while before Mino realized what his father is trying to say.

“The origin can control the time.” He murmured and his father nodded.

“Believe me, he wants nothing but to erase all of his wrong doings, he wanted to turn everything back to normal.”

“But it means he will be creating a whole new universe!” Mino almost shouted.

“It is the only way.” His father replied sadly.

“Do you think Hanbin can talk to him?”

His father didn’t answer, instead he called someone. “T.O.P, come here.” And then a tall man descended from the shadows.

“Son, this is T.O.P, one of my trusted friends. He will find where the Origin used to live; I believe a man like him won’t really go at peace all of a sudden.”

“The Origin killed himself when one of Junsu’s followers poisoned him, making him weak so that Junsu can kill him and steal his ability to control time. He decided it is just right to bring such a powerful ability in grave. I tried researching for the possibilities of the Origin to be still in contact here in the world of the living, and then I discovered one of his immortal servants. The servant—Daesung said that he is still alive for the reason that he is waiting for someone who will help his master, the Origin to correct what should be corrected.” T.O.P said.

“He said that the one who poisoned the Origin, never meant to do it. Actually, he is the one who told the Origin Junsu’s plan. He is true to himself that what he did to the Origin was unforgivable. And with that, comes his promise that one day…someone from his family will make up to what he has done. The Origin held to this promise, seeing that he is sincere. And that one person is bound to help the Origin to take back all of his power, to bring back normality in the world.”

Mino doesn’t know what to say for he doesn’t know where the topic is leading to.

“Apparently, the one who poisoned the Origin is Nam Taehyun’s father.”

Mino felt his heart stopped.

“That is why we can’t let Taehyun die. He is the one the Origin is waiting, he is the payment.”

“Payment?.... no, what…what do you mean. He won’t die right? The Origin will not kill him right?” Mino is panicking.

“I believe he won’t.” His father said, hands clamped shut on Mino’s broad shoulder.

Mino felt like a ton of weight was lifted off him. He is ready to die for his lover, he is ready to sacrifice himself—so he had to make sure Taehyun will make it until the end.

He wanted to laugh, but he is also holding on with his father’s plan. He trusted the older even though years back, his father left him. But he guess that everything happens for a reason.

And now that he can feel a tiny spark of hope after hearing some concrete plan from his father, he is ready to face Junsu.

“Your plan…it will work right?”

T.O.P and his father exchanged a glance.

“That depends on you and Taehyun.”

“I believe in Taehyun. He can do this. He can bring me back.” Mino said, heart fluttering just by the mere idea of Taehyun saving him. Tables have turned, after he dies, a week after…he will be the one who will need saving.

“But the origin will ask for a big price.” His father said.

“I think I know what he will ask. But I trust Taehyun.” Mino said.

His father nodded with a smile. “We will now go. Just do what I said. Trust me, just this one Son.”

Mino doesn’t reply and turned his back towards the two, he knows that his father already get that he trust him.

“Son, I am sorry.” He heard his father said.

Mino stopped on his tracks, and without turning back he said; “Jiyoung…dad, let’s see each other again.”

His father, Jiyoung smiled and turned into a puff of smoke with T.O.P

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As Mino took his last breathe, he saw his lover crying from the other side of the field.

He tried to send a telepathic message, but failed to do so.

            “I will wait for you. Save me, my love.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

So, yes...a short update since I am in the modd to write. Actually, ideas kept on coming and all of a sudden I don't want to end this story. But yeah, too bad some things (or I guess EVERYTHING) should end so yeah. Anyways, this is like a flashback and some clarifications about Taehyun's family. You see, his father is gifted, so that is why he is also gifted! 

THANK YOU FOR THE VOTE AND COMMENTS, KEEP IT COMING GUYS! YOUR COMMENTS IS LIKE MY VITAMIN!