Five

Empty Vision

Chapter Five

 

 

Taehyun watched kids as they run around the playground.

He is sitting in a swing and for the first time in the past couple of months… he let himself out of the house. He thought his skin can’t get any paler anymore, but now… he is looking like a vampire who does not have his drink for the past decade. He let the wind blow against his ears, making him calm. He let the children’s laughter and voice filled his surrounding, hoping it would give him peace and will let the dark visions waste away.

He decided to treat all his nightmares as a vision. And he does not know who to tell those visions. He is afraid; he does not know when that will happen. But he is hoping that it will not happen after all and his ability is not just working right after all the stress he came through in the Academy. He does not have any plan on going back to the academy. He talked to Mr. Yang already, but the old man does not want him to stop but since he is failing the school requirements—he decided to hold this as one of the reasons he must stop from studying in the academy already. Mr. Yang said that he can stop for a while in studying but shall not drop off despite his poor grades.

Mr. Yang can see the potential in Taehyun.

Taehyun does not have a choice but to agree to the headmaster.

 

After all, maybe he just need some time to settle his emotions and all that ha have been seeing in his dreams.

 

 

“Pssssst!”

Taehyun looked around him. His eyes widening as he heard that sound.

“BOO!”

“AHHHH!” And as if this day can’t get any better, Taehyun fell from the swing; flat on the dirt.

“Yoonie, why do you have to do that?!”

Taehyun’s ears perked up as he heard a very familiar voices, and there he saw his everlasting kind hyung Jinwoo, and the weird but very kind baby faced Jinhwan and the always idiot Seungyoon.

“Why not! His face is always epic!” Seungyoon shot back while laughing like a maniac, and that cause for the children playing in the playground to run away from them.

Jinhwan helped the younger to stand from the ground and smiled at him.

He noticed how Taehyun is looking better right now, he remembered that night that he was also the one who healed the boy. And he is proud of Taehyun since he was able to protect himself and Sandara.

“Why are you guys here?” Taehyun asked while cleaning his jeans.

“To visit you and we actually got something to tell you, and it will be better if we discuss it in your house.” Jinwoo said in a soft but serious voice.

“Okay… I guess mom would love to meet you all.”

“We already met her! Actually we came to your house earlier but your mom said you are in here. She is soooo nice by the way and she said she will cook some steak for us. Is she really your mom? I mean, she’s so nice while you my dongsaeng is sooo mean.” Taehyun glared at Seungyoon.

“Shut up Yoonie or you will not get it for the whole month!” Jinwoo shrieked at his dumb boyfriend.

Jinhwan just rolled his eyes, while Taehyun could feel blood rushing up to his face.

“I don’t want to know more things about your life so shut up both of you.” Jinhwan said.

“You are just bitter okay? Go get a girl for yourself; you ‘straight like a ruler’ guy!” Seungyoon replied.

And the two continued to shot words at each other while Jinwoo tried to calm them down.

Taehyun watched the scene with a smile on his face.

Slowly, he can feel some weight lifted up from his shoulder and he found himself laughing with his three friends.

 

 

 

 

 

“That steak tastes like heaven.”

“Can I be your brother Taehyun? Adopt me pls!”

“I can eat that every day.”

Taehyun shook his head he as look at his friends, all sprawled on his bedroom’s floor.

“I will tell mom to give you some take home tomorrow.” He said with a smile.

“Yes!” The other three screamed in delight.

 

After an hour of catching up with each other, Jinwoo decided to talk about the real reason why they are in the Nam’s residence.

 

“Mr. Yang told us to give a message to you. Do you know who’s the telepath that you’ve killed?” Jinwoo informed the younger as the settled down on the floor, facing each other.

And as soon as the elder mentioned it, Taehyun felt like crawling and getting away from his friends. He is not yet ready to face the fact that he killed someone. He can feel a ball of sweat rolling from his forehead and his feet turning cold.

“Look at me Taehyun, now is the time to face it. You did nothing wrong. It is self-defense and you saved somebody. Would you rather have Sandara-noona dead right now?” Jinwoo asked, he does not want to push the young one either, but if he will not do that… something bad might happen. And add up all the things that is currently happening in the academy, there is no time to waste.

“I don’t want noona to be dead, she saved me… and I guess that man deserved to die or else he would have killed more. I just can’t imagine his family.” Taehyun said in a low voice.

Jinwoo let out a heavy sigh.

“Speaking of his family, they are actually after you” Before Taehyun could react, Jinhwan already patted his shoulders trying to calm him down and Jinwoo nodded while continuing what he is saying “He is the eldest son of one of the founders of this association against the Academy. They call themselves rebels and their association is called ‘The X’, I know—that’s not a creative name…anyways, coming back, the point is they are seeking for revenge for the death of the telepath. The Academy was under attack again last month, good thing the students are still in their respective parents. But Mr. Yang is very afraid about your safety. He thinks that ‘The X’ is already coming after you and your family. He wants us to take you back to Academy with your parents, and from there… he will take you a safehouse.”

 

Taehyun didn’t notice that he was already shaking.

“They are after me and my family. And they will kill me.” He whispered, but loud enough for the others to hear.

“Mr. Yang will be here tomorrow morning. He will talk to your mother about this matter. And right now, we are here to keep you safe.” Seungyoon said with a comforting smile.

“But they are powerful right?”

“They are, to be honest. And you want the truth? We don’t know if we will be able to stand a fight with them. That is why we need to keep you and your family.” This time, Jinhwan is the one who answered Taehyun’s question.

“I will die. I will die.” Taehyun unconsciously said with a low voice, eyes on the ground.

The other three just looked at him with a big question mark in their faces.

And before someone could say anything, a loud bang can be heard downstairs followed by an ear splitting scream.