Epilogue

Empty Vision

Epilogue

 

Taehyun tried to move his body, he expected some immense pain after all the last thing he remembered was his blackout just outside if his old house.

But instead all he felt is fluffiness.

Soft.

Bed.

Too comfortable.

Panicking, he sat up and the world spins his hands immediately flew over his head to soothe the pain. Once he regains his composure he looked around him and that’s when he realized that everything is too familiar.

He saw the automatic clock beside him; December 2015

“What?” He said in disbelief.

And a knock on the door made him leap out of his bed.

“Taehyun, breakfast is ready.” A soft voice called out from the other side of the door.

Taehyun frowned at the same time his heart skips a beat.

He almost run towards the door and opens it, Mrs. Nam is shock with the sudden action of his son as Taehyun hugs her tightly. The mother of two feels wetness on her shoulder.

“Hey…” She taps her son’s back as soon as she heard a sob from the younger.

“Mom…” Taehyun whispered.

“What’s happening?” A deep voice asked.

Taehyun looked up from her mother’s shoulders and saw his father standing a meter away from them.

He is there, alive and staring at him.

“Dad.” Taehyun called out and latched himself out of his mother’s embrace just to run towards the man he didn’t see for the past years.

“Dad.” He continued to cry while hugging his father.

The father and mother stared at each other with a big question mark on their faces.

Mr. Nam rubs his son’s back and shoulder to calm the shaking Taehyun.

And from the corner of the stairs was Donghyun—Taehyun’s only and younger brother looking at the three with a frown.

“My brother is so weird.” He whispered and soon he felt himself being tugged to Taehyun’s tight embrace.

 

 

Nam Taehyun found out that they are living in their old residence, it makes him happy actually. Finally everything felt right. He enjoyed every moment with his family, his parents are still worried about him with the way he acted first in the morning but he assures them that he just felt like crying and hugging them.

He also found out that he is a university student, currently having a major in music which intrigues him since he really wants to be a musician—but he had to leave that dream when he found out his special abilities.

And talking about special abilities, he felt nothing. He felt light and normal.

His mother prepared him sandwich for him to eat while he is on his way to university, he had to ask the help of the internet to know how and what bus he should take towards his university, if he will ask any of his family members about it; they will of course think that something is indeed wrong.

He can’t just ask them: Hey mom and dad can you teach me how to go to my university because apparently there’s no way I have been there before.

He sighed at himself as he settled on the bus, he looked at the window and saw that nothing change in the place.

“Taehyun!” A familiar voice called out and Taehyun felt like crying the moment he saw his friend—Hanbin getting inside the bus.

“Thank goodness I found you!” Hanbin exclaimed.

“You can remember me!” Taehyun said, he hugged his friend tightly.

“The Origin didn’t take my memories, where are you going? Are you also heading to your university?” Hanbin asked while settling himself beside Taehyun as the bus started to move on.

“Yeah, and I don’t even know how to get there. It feels weird, like my life is really different now. I don’t know anything, everything is new and I am lost.”

“When I went back here from Rome, I did not expect that the timeline will be like thi. I am now living with my parents, and can you believe it? I have a girlfriend! And then, some people kept on appearing then and now and I don’t even know them but I have to pretend. My mean side kept on thinking whether I should be really thankful for the Origin or—I should’ve asked him that he should just alter my memory.” Hanbin said under his breathe.

“So…how, how you coped up and how long am I, I don’t know… gone?” Taehyun asked.

“I have been looking for you for almost a month. And I just tried my best to adapt with the new timeline and environment.”

“A month.”

Taeyun can’t believe it, and he can’t help but to feel some sense of respect to his friend. He imagined himself being alone, all new and does not know what to do like what Hanbin experienced.

He shrugged the thoughts away.

He has been in the new timeline for only a couple of hours yet he is going crazy already; what much more battling all by yourself in a month like Hanbin.

Taehyun felt like he needs to give credit to the Origin, he found out from Hanbin they they are all studying in a same university. The pale boy is nervous for he does not know what to expect once he saw his friends.

“So, they don’t really know us huh?” Taehyun asked.

Hanbin nodded.  “They are indeed living a very different life compared before. And when I got to see them and talk to them, everything seems to be lighter from them. Ahhh, the jealousy is real, they don’t have to bear the memories of the dark past.”

“Mino…Mino, did you saw him already?”

He didn’t get any decent answer from the other male except a sheepish smile.

And he never wanted to punch a friend so hard, until now.

 

 

It is a dreadful journey towards his university. He doesn’t know what to expect and he just wants to see his friends already—even in a distance.

The moment the bus stopped, Taehyun run with a screaming Hanbing following behind.

The pale boy stopped in front of the gate of the University.

“It’s so big.” He whispered.

Hanbin, who is still catching his breath nodded his way towards the gate.

“Let’s go inside already, I need to show you your schedule.”

Taehyun smiled before walking slowly. He noticed a lot of students who are busy chatting with each other. Some are just walking with their earphones on.

Everything is lovely.

It only took fifteen minutes of preparation for Taehyun—thanks to his friend, he was able to survive the introductions and catching up part of his first day in college. He tried his best to memorize his schedule, room numbers and the names of the professors.

And the moment he heard Hanbin said that it is time for him to meet his friends, he does not know what to do.

“We will watch them from a far…for now.” Hanbin said, Taehyun noticed the change of tone of his friend and he realized that the latter was also sad that they can’t seem to act around their friends like before.

But at least, they are alive and Taehyun can worry about approaching them later.

Habin led him to the football field, on the sidelines he saw benches were placed and the pale boy smiled and he can finally feel the real college life.

“Hanbin!” A smooth voice called out, and before Taehyun could find the source of the voice—he saw Hanbin almost stumbling backwards as he caught a petite girl on his arms.

“You didn’t answer my messages the whole weekend! What is wrong with you?”

Hanbin gulped and Taehyun swear that this is the first time he saw Hanbin blushing and being nervous at the same time.

Oh wait, is she Hanbin’s girlfriend? Taehyun squealed at the thought.

“I am studying and I am grounded.” Hanbin answered.

“Oh wow, that’s new…you are studying. Anyways, hey Taehyun, are sure you are ready for out singing contest next week?”

Taehyun narrowed his eyes, he looked at Hanbin—asking for help.

“Yes…yes, Taehyun is ready and he will slay. Now babe, why don’t you go ahead in the cafeteria, taehyun and I still need to talk to someone okay?” Hanbin smiled while squeezing gently the girl’s hand.

She stared at the two males before nodding her head and running away from the two nervous friends.

“I am totally lost at the moment.” Taehyun said as soon as the girl was out of their range.

“That is Hayi, my girlfriend. And believe me my friend. I don’t even know how we got together but I swear this timeline fxxked up my lovelife—but hey, I aint complaining…”

Taehyun raised a brow towards his friend.

“I mean, she is great and very talented, and I kinda like her now since for some reason, you know sometimes I think that maybe on the past timeline we are supposed to be together but you know what happened, when I first saw her, there is just something really familiar with her. And in her mind, you are one of her friends and you will have to sing with her in the upcoming school singing contest.”

The smaller groaned but patted Hanbin’s shoulder for he is actually happy that Hanbin met someone even though for the strangest reasons.

He took note that once he got home later, he should start practicing and maybe she should also ask for Hayi’s phone number so that they can work together.

“They should be here already…” Hambin muttered.

Taehyun wanted to ask what he meant by that but was stopped when he saw a couple of familiar faces walking in the middle of the field.

He felt like he will cry the moment he recognized the two peole.

Jinwoo and Seungyoon.

“Funny thing is, they are still together in this timeline and based on my observations this past few weeks—they are still the same cheesy couple.” Hanbin said with a smile.

Taehyun laughed, eyes still focused on his two friends. “They both look so happy.”

The latter hummed.

Taehyun saw that Jinwoo and Seungyoon are coming on their way so he tried his best to regain his composure.

“I told you that my favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla yet you kept on buying me chocolate.” Taehyun heard Jinwoo hissed at his lover.

“Well, I’m sorry I kept messing it up but come on, it’s the thought that counts right?” Seungyoon snapped back.

“Do you think I can enjoy eating your so-called thought?!”

Seungyoon huffed a breathe, and Taehyun can’t help but to smile at the two.

Of course, as expected Jinwoo and Seungyoon didn’t notice Taehyun—the two just continued walking towards who knows where.

“Yup, still cheesy yet like before—they are still fighting over the smallest things.” Taehyun said with a chuckle once the bickering couple is out of range.

“Let’s go look for Mino.” Hanbin said all of sudden.

Taehyun nodded.

 

 

 

But they didn’t saw Mino that day.

Nor the next day.

 Nam Taehyun is panicking, he can’t concentrate on anything.

Maybe he is just somewhere. Was all Hanbin could say, the said male swears that he saw Mino once in the university.

The pale boy doesn’t know how he will continue with everything. Looking for Mino, coping with the new timeline, making friends, the singing contest, it is just too much for him. But he can do it, he survived living the supernatural word—what is happening to him as of the moment won’t be that hard right?

But he can already feel the pressure.

What of Mino is not here, what if he is residing somewhere else? Far…far place? Taehyun said inside his mind.

But he threw the thought out of his head, he knows that now is not the time to be negative about things.

He just need to calm down and trust the Origin.

 

It is the day of the singing contest and it is still early to go to the University, but just like any other day, Taehyun decided to go already.

The past few days, he would go early to school just to standby at the gate and watch students—hoping he would see Mino.

He won’t stop doing it.

Walking towards the bus stop, he saw a man with blazing orange hair fixing the gate of a house.

Something inside Taehyun tells him to approach the man, but he stopped himself and instead he decided to watch what the man is doing—trying to glimpse the face of the stranger.

And a few seconds after, the man stood up and faced Taehyun.

Shock enveloped the cat-eyed boy.

Taehyun doesn’t know what to say, he doesn’t even know the name of the man in front of him—but he knows the face too well.

He will never forget it. For it is the face that played a big role bringing his friends back and changing the timeline.

The man who said that they should look for the Origin.

They stared at each other for a while, no one dared to say a word. For some reason, Taehyun felt like the man knows something was up.

Does he recognize me? Did the Origin didn’t remove his memories?

The pale felt the urge to give respect so he bowed his head slightly.

“Dad, I’m going.”

Taehyun gulped.

That voice.

That deep yet soothing voice.

Taehyun lifted his head and saw the one he’s searching in the past few days.

The man whom he thought he will never got to see.

The man who owns his hearts.

The man whom he always wants to be with, now and forever.

The man that Taehyun will travel different words just to see.

His love.

“Mino.” He choked out. There were no tears involve, surprisingly. Taehyun knows that he needs to pull himself together since the Mino in front of him doesn’t have any idea who he is.

“Do I know you?” And the pale boy never thought that words can be sharper than knives.

Taehyun smiled bitterly; “No—No, I…I gotta go.”

He didn’t even bother to bow down, he just run.

He thought that he can face the new Mino, but Taehyun was wrong. It seems like he is not strong enough to accept the fact that there might be a possibility that Mino won’t be his in this timeline.

But he believes that Song Mino is his soulmate.

And they would always find a way to be with each other’s arms again. How cheesy.

 

 

 

“You are telling me you saw Mino, yet you just ran?” Taehyun winced at the tone of his friend Hanbin.

“I didn’t know what to do! My mind blocked out!”

Hanbin turned into a laughing fit.

Taehyun turned into bright shade of red, he needs to think of new ways how to approach the tan male. He needs to act soon.

“Oh look, there goes my best friend.” Hanbin said, turning his head towards the male who is walking few meters away from them.

Taehyun got to stare at his lover more intently now. He realized that Mino still have the fire in his eyes, his chest is broader now—there seems to be more muscle in Mino’s body in this timeline.

“He looks…buff.” Taehyun whispered but that didn’t get unheard by the male beside him.

“I heard he is part of the soccer varsity team. And the reason we didn’t saw him the past few days is, the team went to a camp and they just got back yesterday.” Hanbin said, scooping a spoonful of yogurt on his mouth.

Taehyun smiled and he just got the feeling that Mino would look really handsome while playing in the field. “I need to see him play.”

Hanbin rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

 

To say that Taehyun is nervous is an understatement.

He kept on pacing back and forth, biting his nails and all. He already emptied the box of klenex beside him because he has been sweating furiously.

“You need to breath.” Hayi said.

Taehyun found a friend in Hayi’s form. The girl could be scary at first look but he found out that she is indeed a fluff ball—a true friend and now, Taehyun understands why Hanbin is not complaining about the ‘relationship’ at all.

“I think I need to go to the comfort room once again.”

Hayi laughed and shook her head. “Just go, we still have 15 minutes before our turn.”

Taehyun nodded and ran towards the comfort room, all he just gonna do it to sprinkle some water on his face just to wake him up. Then on his way back, he saw a vending machine. He decided to have some lemonade just to sooth himself.

He leaned down to get his drink when— “BOO!”

He fell with a hiss.

“What the hell is wrong with you man?!” Taehyun shouted, trying to get up.

Hanbin is laughing like a hyena, satisfied on his doings.

“Hayi said you are nervous, I’m just here to make everything worse.”

Taehyun rolled his eyes.

“Thank you.” He said under his gritted teeth.

“Excuse me.” A deep voice said that made the two of them jumped out of their places.

“Ah…”

“Oh…”

Song Mino.

Hanbin and Taehyun murmured a silent apology and for some reason, the two just walked away from the scene before they could crush the tan male into a bear hug.

Mino looked at the two retreating figure who is abnormally walking way too fast away from him.

He saw the look on the pale boy’s eyes.

And everything is just…

De ja vu.

 

 

 

 

Taehyun looked around the waiting area, but his mind is lingering at the voice of his lover. He terribly misses Mino. How can be the tan male is so near yet so far?

“We are up in four minutes.” Hayi said with a gentle smile.

The cat-eyed boy lets out a heavy sigh, eyes scanning the back stage to see his competitors. Though, he doesn’t mind whether he will lose or win…he just want to get through the whole program without making fool of himself.

On his farthest left, he saw two familiar faces that made him smile.

He can barely hear what the other two is saying or talking about but he saw how the smaller slap the back head of the taller.

Kris and Kyungsoo.

“Okay, so here’s your mic.” A petite girl said.

“Thank you.” Hayi bowed and taehyun can’t help but to stare. His hands curved into a ball.

“Dara-noona.”

The said girl just smiled and patted his shoulders before taking her leave.

If there is one thing Taehyun wants to do as of the moment, he just wants to face the Origin once again and thank him.

Thank him from the second chance that they have right now.

“I promise, I won’t give up.” Taehyun said to no one.

 

 

Facing the crowd, Taehyun looked at Hayi’s eyes before hitting his first note. The audience swayed their head according to the melody; Taehyun can see Hanbin holding out a banner. From the corner of his eyes, he could see his Dara-noona instructing the other students to fix the lights and all—for the performance to be perfect. Jinwoo is sitting on front seat, maybe because Seungyoon is also performing.

Taehyun is happy.

And he can’t stop the tears from flowing.

The people could think that it is the emotions of the song that causes the pale boy to cry.

But it is not.

It is because of gratefulness.

It is because he thought all of the things that are happening now will always be just a dream.

Happiness.

Taehyun’s life felt complete.

He doesn’t care if Mino can’t remember him, he could do something about—and he can make new memories with the said male.

He will make new memories with Song Mino.

He won’t give up.

 

 

 

“That is awesome!” Hanbin said as he gathered his girlfriend and friend on his arms.

Hayi and Taehyun laughed.

“I’ll treat the both of you in some fancy restaurant later.”

Taehyun shook his head, waving his hand; “Both of you can go because I need to do something. Plus, I don’t want to be a third wheel.”

Hanbin knows that look on Taehyun’s eyes.

“O…kay. Uhmmmm, goodluck?” Hanbin said, scooting his girlfriend away from Taehyun before she asks what the pale boy is going to do.

The latter nodded, and once he saw that Hanbin and Hayi disappeared on the exit doors, Taehyun’s eyes roamed around the area, trying to spot a certain tan male.

And there he is, in his glorious aura, standing while talking to Dara.

Slow steps, he doesn’t need to rush things.

He can hear their voices and he smiled because seeing them together again is just pure blessing. He smiled the moment he discovered that, in this timeline—it turns out that Mino and Dara are cousins.

“See you later.” Dara said and when she left Mino alone, Taehyun decided he will give it a shot.

He stood in front of Song Mino, the latter looked at him.

Nam Taehyun bowed slightly and took a deep breathe before saying; “I am Nam Taehyun, and if it is not too much—I want to invite you for some coffee.”

 

“I thought you’d never ask.”

And Taehyun stared at the taller, eyes searching for something.

And a knowing smile spread through Mino’s plump lips, a smile he knew too well.

 

 

 

And from the corner of their eyes, a bright silver haired man was seen walking out of the stadium.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

And that's the end!

I want to say that THANK YOU for everyone who reads this story, those who took time to comment and for the upvotes.

I know, I am not one of the best author's out there, and I am still learning with my english and etc. And this story will always hold a special place in my heart for it is the first story I managed to finish.

To be honest, at first I won't be able to do it, but with you guys, your comments gives me strenght. I would tend to read them whenever i feel down (even until now!) Thank You.

 

 

 

I just want to ask, if ever some of you want to help me with my gramma T_T where can i find someone who can beta my stories T_T

 

and I guess, see you soon!

(BTW, i'm planning on writting some drabbles about how their life went on and etc)

 

 

once again, THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU ALL!