Three

Empty Vision

Chapter Three

 

 

“I don’t think I can do this anymore.” Taehyun cried.

Jinwoo, the doe eyed boy does not know what to do but to pat the shoulder of his new bestfriend.

“Look, this is still not the end…I’ll help you okay?” Taehyun looked at Jinwoo, tears ready spill out of his cat like eyes.

The two boys stared at the paper in front of them. It is their monthly skills evaluation, and everything is not going right for Taehyun. Every paper that he is holding marks Red. And red is not his favorite color for it signifies—Failure.

Taehyun Failed at every test concerning his abilities.

And this means it is either he will repeat everything or he will be ousted in the school.

“Yes this is the end, look… this is like my third time failing.” Taehyun said in a shaky voice.

“How about we go eat some ice cream first then we will go talk to Ms. Lee. Maybe she will help us again.” Jinwoo comforted the younger. Ms. Lee is the school psychiatrist.

Taehyun just nodded his head and went with Jinwoo towards the cafeteria.

The younger is devastated.

Other students will look at him with disgust in their eyes, and of course he can’t escape the mocking of his classmates. There is this one day when he is walking alone in the hallway and when one of the seniors intentionally bumped at him and punch him, screaming at him the word ‘weak’. Taehyun tried not to cry on that moment, but his tears betrayed him.

Good thing, someone has a heart kind enough to pity him and helped him.

Another senior named Sandara. Who would have thought the petite girl is a Class Five Shape shifter.  She could even trick the school officials. The black haired girl pretended to be the school dean, resulting for the bullies to run for their lives. Starting from that day, Taehyun feel safer as one angel is looking after him.

“Hi Jinwoo! Hi Taehyun!” Sandara greeted them with a happy voice.

“Noona!” The two replied with a bow.

“Where are you guys heading?” The woman asked.

“Cafeteria, want to eat ice cream with us?” Taehyun asked.

“Oh, no I’m good… I’m actually heading in the library. You know, I need to finish stuffs. Anyways, you know where to find me. If you need any help don’t hesitate to come to me okay?” She said as she ruffles the hair of Jinwoo and Taehyun.

Taehyun was about to bid her goodbye when a certain man caught his eyes.

Song Mino.

A shiver shot right through his back, everyone in the area seemed to notice the mysterious man and turned quiet. Jinwoo held Taehyun’s arm, while the other tried to pull Sandara behind him.

Jinwoo and Taehyun thought of fainting on the spot once Song Mino stopped in front of them.

Both where thinking of curses and running away, even though Taehyun is mesmerize by how charismatic Mino is. His tan skin, his sharp eyes, his lips… his everything. But just like Seungyoon told him, he can’t help but to be scared to this man in front of him.

“Noona.” Mino said in his deep voice.

“Oh Mino-yah! Here, here meet my new friends!” Sandara leaped forward and tugged Mino closer.

Taehyun and Jinwoo took a step back.

“This is Jinwoo… isn’t he cute? He reminds me of bambi. And this gorgeous man is Taehyun.”

Jinwoo and Taehyun exchanged glances.

“And guys, this is my younger brother… Mino!” Sandara said while pinching the cheeks of Mino.

And that triggered everything.

Jinwoo fell flat on the floor, face first and Taehyun froze.

Sandara pinched Mino’s cheeks.

Brother.

Song Mino.

What forces in the world can put altogether those words in one sentence.

 

 

 

“I didn’t even know Song Mino has an older sister!” Seungyoon screamed.

“Don’t shout will you?” Jinhwan hissed.

“Sandara noona is his sister. The sweet Sandara noona. Hooooowww commmee?” Seungyoon screech.

“Why are you even this surprised? Is Song Mino a big deal? You are scared, curious and etc. Why?” Taehyun can’t help but to ask his fedora addicted friend.

“Mino is the only Class Six, meaning the highest level that someone like us can obtain here in the academy; he is even more powerful than some our professors. And look here, the reason why I told you to stay away from him, is… All Class Six have the tendency to lose their right minds. If you are not strong enough, the inner ‘you’ as what they called it might take over. And who knows what that inner thingy can do. There is a story going around about this certain Class Six person… he lose it, and he killed his family, soon after he committed suicide.” Seungyoon said.

“But Mino seems like a… kind person. And Sandara noona is still alive, isn’t that a good sign?” Taehyun said with a hopeful smile, the boy does not have any idea why he is defending the Class Six student named Mino.

Seungyoon smacked his own forehead while Jinwoo and Jinhwan laughed.

“Maybe you are just over reacting over this.” Jinwoo said to Seungyoon, the latter just shook his head.

“I am just taking precautions okay?” He answered.

The other three just nod.

 

 

 

“Wake up wake up!” A frantic voice can be heard inside the room.

Taehyun was suddenly dragged out from the bed.

“What?” The boy hissed.

“The academy is under attack!” Jinwoo screamed. And by that, Taehyun felt like he was being slap across the face.

Jinwoo, Taehyun, Jinhwan grabbed their backpacks and run outside their room, together with a hysterical Seungyoon. The whole academy is in chaos.

Loud noises can be heard everywhere, screams filled the hallways. One of the building are on fire, and the adults are trying their best to calm the students down and to find the intruders.

Taehyun didn’t even notice that he is crying already.

“We should run at the back part of the academy, it a soccer field! The emergency helicopter is in there!” Jinwoo screamed, ducking as fire ball was thrown at them.

“Oh !” Seungyoon shouted as he tossed a wood from the ground to a hooded man in front of them.

“You kids are pathetic; you think this academy can protect you?” The stranger scoffed.

“Jinwoo go run with Jinhwan and Taehyun… I’ll take care of this man.” Seungyoon said.

Taehyun stared at his friend, he is sure that the Seungyoon he knows is a playful one… but the one in front of him is someone with a scary aura.

Jinwoo drag Jinhwan and Taehyun out of the place, but not before saying a silent see you to his boyfriend.

The three run as fast as they can towards the evacuation area. Taehyun watched from the corner of his eyes as hundres, no thousands of hooded man attacked the students. Some came to block their way but Taehyun would just watch Jinhwan fight with them.

And he never felt so useless.

He is just watching two of his friends risk their lives and fight with the intruders while him, he is just standing there.

Being a weakling as what Taehyun thinks, he didn’t know that someone is behind him.

He just felt a loud bang on his head and he was tossed on the wall. His eyes widen as he was being lifted in the air without somebody holding him. And there he saw a man with his hands up in the air—pointing at him.

A Telepath. Taehyun said in his mind.

“Taehyun!” A soft voice screamed.

With all his strength, Taehyun turne his head from where the voice came from. His eyes widen as he saw Sandara. And in a matter of seconds, the petite woman charged forward to the man hurting Taehyun in a form of a dragon.

Sandara, who is shifts to a dragon, bit the torso of the man; Taehyun fell on the floor with a thud.

But the luck eventually changes sides.

No matter what happens, a telepath will always be powerful than a shapeshifter.

The man reaches to Sandara’s mind.

Taehyun watched the dragon squirmed and roared as if she was in great pain.

And soon after, Dara was back on being the fragile looking girl and Taehyun screamed. The hooded man walked towards his noona, and without thinking…Taehyun grabbed a shreds of broken glasses from the window around him and charged towards the telepath.

Stabbing him right on his head.

And everything went blank.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS! <3-