Twenty

Empty Vision

Chapter Twenty

 

Mino gazed at the dark sky above him, he let out a heavy sigh as reality hits him. Tomorrow is the battle, he can already sense some strong aura not far away from them. They still don’t have any idea who is the leader of the ‘X’. He got a hunch but it was entirely false.

“You hungry?” he heard someone asked him from behind, he turned and saw Taehyun walking towards him with a sandwich on his hand.

He smiled and took it.

Taehyun sat beside him, his pale fingers gently touches the green grass. The feeling is cold, but fresh. The smaller tried to inhale fresh air as much as he can—having the idea that tomorrow, he might smell nothing but blood and even agony if that is even possible.

“Kai took Minzy and Hanbin somewhere in the city. He said that it will much easier for them to blend in than hide.” Mino said.

“How’s Hanbin?”

Mino faced fell, and for the moment Taehyun regretted he asked it.

“He is doing fine, I guess… there is still no changes on his condition. While Minzy, there is improvements. That’s what matters.” Taehyun smiled and he ruffled the hair of Mino. The tan male chuckled.

“So, you see something?” Taehyun asked, voice came out as a whisper.

“Hmmm… just some action.” Mino repied. But as if Taehyun have lived with the other for a long time, he knows that Mino is lying but decided he better not push it.

“All I see is…terrifying things.”

Mino looked at his lover, he concluded that they already have this unique connection for he can also feel what Taehyun could feel. But he calls it more like true love. He reached for the pale hand and squeezed it with his own.

“You are cold.” He said.

Taehyun nodded, eyes looking directly at Mino’s.

The tan male smiled before pulling the smaller into his arms. He buried his head on Taehyun’s soft hair, inhaling his scent.

Taehyun smells like vanilla. As always.

“Finish eating your sandwich. Noona made that for us.” Taehyun said as he took notice how Mino hasn’t finished his share of food.

“Hmmm… yes madam.” Mino teased and Taehyun let out a curse inside his mind.

“I am a boy Mino, oh my gosh.” Taehyun shot back and all Mino could do is laugh.

It is the sound that he will never forget. He could listen to it every day, and until the end of his time. Mino’s laugh is like a gentle music that sooths him. Taehyun could feel butterflies whenever his boyfriend will laugh. It is so rare that the tan male will laugh and he is just so happy that he is one of the few reasons why Mino is laughing.

Oh how he would give everything just to make Mino laugh forever.

“Let’s go inside the tent, we need some rest…” Mino said.

Taehyun nodded.

The couple stood up from the ground, removes the dirt on their pants and held hands with each other while heading to their tent.

From afar, they saw Jinwoo and Seungyoon bickering, as usual. Taehyun and Mino waved at them and the other couple smiled and shouted a good night love birds. At the same time, they also spotted Jinhwan and Luhan talking with each other, Taehyun assumed that maybe they are already brainstorming what they would do for tomorrow. The decided to let the two baby faced man to talk.

As they were about to go inside the tent, Sandara and Jaejoong went to greet them.

“Good night kids, see you tomorrow, no funny acts tonight okay?” Jaejoong said, his airy voice made it sound serious but he let out a booming laugh once Taehyun was about to explode with embarrassment.

“I should be the one saying that to you Mr. Kim.” Sandara teased before running away from her boyfriend

Mino and Taehyun smiled.

“But you loooooveeee it!” Jaejoong pouted and ran after her girlfriend.

“They will have adorable and beautiful babies.” Taehyun said out loud.

Mino shook his head and tugged his lover inside their tent.

“BABE YOU HEARD THAT? TAEHYUN SAID WE SHOULD MAKE ADORABLE BABIES!”

 

 

 

 

Hundreds are walking barefoot on the cold mushy ground of the forest. They all look like they are hungry with blood and violence. Their clothes are all the same, while hundreds are also walking with them—all wearing black.

But one certain man stands the most.

His hair is silver, it looks magnificent under the moonlight. His lips are formed in thin line, fist balled and heart thumping loud because of anticipation.

He is dying to finish off the one who killed his son.

He is dying to end the life of the people threatening his strength.

Afterall, there could only be one Stealer existing.

…And that is him.

 

 

 

Mino and Taehyun was awoken by Jinwoo who seems to run a marathon. The doe eyed boy kept on shaking both of them, Mino grunted before standing up on the comforter with Taehyun.

The three of them barely fit inside the tent.

“What the—?” Mino hissed as Jinwoo tugged the two of them outside the tent.

And they are greeted with hundred s of people bracing themselves against the other hundreds from the other side of the field. Their headmaster is on the front, and they can’t see him clearly. Mino and Taehyun looked around to find their friends and saw Seungyoon with Jinhwan walking towards them. Mino tried to spot his sister, and he let out a sigh when he saw her with their mother and Jaejoong.

“You overslept.” Was the first Jinhwan said to them, the couple looked down at the same time the wanted to laugh to what the latter just said. They are in a crisis already, and all their friend can say are ‘You overslept’.

But as reality hits Taehyun, he felt like a cold bucket of water washed over him. They are minutes away from the fight, and several feet away from them is the leader of ‘X’ with his followers. They are all here to kill and destroy.

He didn’t realize his hold against Min’s hands tightens.

 

“You can’t enter the territory of the Academy.” The headmaster said.

A terrifying laughter can be heard; it brought chills to all the people from the Academy.

“Oh? I never planned to set my foot there anyways. I just wanted to take the life that you’ve taken. Now bring forward the boy who killed my son and all of you shall be saved.” The guy with the silver hair said, his voice is enough reason for the people to be terrified.

“We won’t be giving you anyone.”

A smirk.

“Oh…how about, just give me the Stealer.”

“Junsu…” The headmaster called out, it sounded more of a warning.

Taehyun feels like he was about to piss on his pants. He looked over at Mino—who seems to be not affected at what is happening. He is composed.

But surely on the inside, Mino wanted to carry Taehyun out of the place already.

“We will give no one to you today.” The headmaster said, voice firm and the old man took a step forward as if he is really challenging the man with the silver hair—Junsu.

“You are wiser than this. You know that you are no match for us, even with the stealer on your side. Do yourself a favor, one life for hundreds?”

“Mino…” Taehyun whispered, the tan male looked down at him and gave him a light squeeze on the hand.

Silence, no words exchange between the two leaders.

And everything seems to darken, Taehyun started to panic when Mino lets go of his hand and slowly approached the headmaster. Watching every step of his lover, he felt like dying. He is not doing what I think he will do right?

The headmaster tried to grab Mino away from the line of sight of Junsu, but he failed.

“Oh, you’ve grown soo much. Looking fine.” Junsu said, even though the words he said was meant to be a compliment, to everyone he sounds like he is about to kill.

Taehyun held back a sob, Jinwoo is holding him in case he tried to run to Mino.

“I surrender so no need to be violent anymore.” Mino said, he is walking slowly towards the side of the ‘X’.

Time stops for Taehyun, he doesn’t know what is going on with Mino’s head. He looked over to Seungyoon, trying to squeeze out if the other male can read what Mino is thinking. Seungyoon shook his head.

“He is blocking me out.” He whispered.

Every step Mino takes, he can feel his body going numb. Not because someone is trying to harm him but because he is scared. His vision is still not changing, nothing is changing.

Just what the hell is happening?

He looked around him, trying to spot a certain person; the one that could help them.

As he was about a meter away from the man named Junsu, he can feel how powerful the person is. He doesn’t like the taste of the atmosphere around him, he knows that even he gave his all in the fight, they stand no chance. The scene before him gives him chills all over his body. The people from the ‘X’ looks nothing near to human. And Mino wonders if they are even still human at all, they all look like zombies, eyes with piercing gaze that can kill.

He is stopping himself from looking back at his lover, he knows that once he caught Taehyun’s eyes—it is game over.

If sacrificing himself is the only to save Taehyun and the others; he is more than willing to do so.

 

Junsu smiled towards the man before him.

Song Mino. What a brave young man, such a waste to kill but I must.

“Any last words stealer?” he asked, a smirk is visible on his luscious lips.

The tan male looked at him, no fear can be seen in his face.

“See you in hell.” Mino said.

Junsu laughed. “In hundred, no maybe thousand…wait, how about never?”

No one in the clearing dared to say a word.

The silence is killing Taehyun and his friends..

It was not supposed to be like this. No.

 

Mino clenched his fist.

            If he kills you, are you sure everyone will be saved?

He can hear the sadness and rigidness in the headmaster’s voice.

            Don’t do this, brother…

He felt his heart dropped with the tone of his sister, he felt bad at invading his sister’s mind but he knows she wanted him to now.

            er, we will all die.

He wanted to scoff; he never thought that he will be friends with Seungyoon. The boy hates him to death, maybe scared of him.

            Mino, please don’t do this… please.

He wanted to cry. Weird, ‘cause he never felt that way—the sudden urge to throw a fit and cry like a baby. He wanted to kneel on the ground and cry his heart out. Beg the other stealer to spare Taehyun’s life, beg the latter to let them live. He badly wanted to have a happy ending with Taehyun. But his dreams are slowly fading away. He never wanted anything in his life except to be with the pale boy.

He saw how Junsu raised his hands towards him, as if on cue—he felt an excruciating pain on his back.

His body is now numb.

And he felt himself falling on the ground.

 

Taehyun panicked, he screamed and grasp out of his friend’s arms.

He ran towards Mino, but the headmaster stopped him, pinning him on the ground.

Tears ran down on his cheek, his clothes are now dirty with the mud from the floor.

 

He knows that he won’t last long.

Junsu is the life out of him, he is slowly breaking his bones.

And with his last energy he turned towards his friends—his love, Taehyun.

He smiled at him, with tears flowing from his eyes.

And then nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, the end is near~!

Have a nice day/night everyone and really, thank you for bearing with me lol!

wish you can comment and vote <3