Twelve

Empty Vision

Chapter 12

 

They pulled away from each other as they felt the need to breathe.

“Uhmmm…”

Mino looked directly at Taehyun’s eyes, the other felt like the taller is seeing his sould. His heart beat won’t calm down and any minute now he might faint.

        I kissed Song Mino.

“You’re blushing.” Mino said, tone as if nothing happened.

Taehyun cupped his cheeks and averted his eyes away from Mino’s face.

“Tomorrow, there would be a Christmas Celebration… come with me.” And with that, Mino left the room without looking back at Taehyun.

And it took more than five minutes before the pale but now blushing boy to process everything on what Mino said.

 

“He is inviting me for tomorrow’s Christmas Celebration.” Taehyun said to his friend who is gawking at him.

“Oh dear.”

“Seriously?”

“What the…”

“What is wrong with you guys?” Taehyun asked.

“So are you on like ‘boyfriend’ stage already?” Seungyoon asked back.

“I—NO. I mean, I dunno. We kissed again then…” . Taehyun wanted to kill himself for he slipped that taboo topic and event.

“YOU KISSED HIM. AGAIN?????!”

“I DIDN’T! HE IS THE FIRST ONE THIS TIME!” Taehyun shouted back. Double .

And that’s when hell loose.

 

Taehyun is looking around the venue, trying to spot a certain tan male. He let out a sigh after a while as he can’t see Mino.

“I’m expecting too much.” He whispered to himself.

“Hey.” He heard someone greeted behind him, he turned around and saw a guy with a cap.

“Uhm, hey.” He awkwardly replied.

“I’m Hanbim by the way. If you are looking for Mino, he is in the soccer field.” The guy who’s name is Hanbin said, Taehyun wasn’t able to say anything for the male already turned his back.

Weird.

Taehyun walked out of the gym, away from the dancing and noisy crows. He avoided his friends and slipped towards the soccer field. And there, he saw Mino sitting in the bleachers with a bottle of water in his hand.

Mino noticed a pair of eyes staring at him and he knew instantly that it is Taehyun.

Taehyun walked slowly towards Mino and sat beside him.

“Why are you here?” Taehyun asked.

“It’s so noisy inside.”

“Oh.”

Silence.

Taehyun heard Mino whispered something, but he just shrugged his shoulder. The atmosphere is making him dizzy. And not to mention, the butterflies in his stomach makes him sick.

“Thought you wouldn’t come.” Mino suddenly said.

Taehyun doesn’t know what to say, there is an evident awkwardness between the two.

Mino glanced at Taehyun’s direction, and then he looked up in the sky and raises his hand towards it. While the other male just looked at him, eyes full of questions.

Mino concentrated his eyes on his hand and in the sky, and in just a second a strike of lightning hits the soccer field ground. Taehyun’s eyes widen and he almost jumped out if his sit.

Mino let out a smirk.

“I can control the lightning.”

And then Mino pointed his palm on the ground.

Taehyun held unto his sit as he felt that there is something like an earthquake. And before his mind can process everything, he saw Mino concentrating on the ground this time, and in a matter of seconds… the ground opens.

“I can control the four elements.”

Taehyun watched as Mino played with water and fire in his hand, there is also a whooshing air around him. And he felt like fainting the moment he saw a tornado in front of him.

“I can also control and read minds.” Taehyun jerked up in his sit and he stared down on the figure beside him. Mino is inside his mind.

Mino smiled at him, that kind of smile that can give you shivers.

And it all clicked.

Taehyun feels like laughing. He wonders at first why Mino is doing this, he is somehow amused about the things the tan male can do. But at the same time he is afraid for he already knows what Mino is capable of. But somewhere in his heart, he knows that Mino can’t hurt him.

Taehyun let out a chuckle while Mino stared at him, obviously confused.

“You want me to be afraid of you?” Taehyun said in between his laughter.

Mino smiled.

“And you want me to run away from you?”

Mino shrugged his shoulder, smiling inside in his mind as he realized where this argument is leading to.

“Try harder.” Taehyun firmly said.

The two male sat beside each other for more than an hour. There is no words exchange after what Taehyun said.

And then, Mino grabbed something from his pocket and tossed it to Taehyun.

“Merry Christmas.” Mino greeted and walked away from the other.

He might be able to walk away from Taehyun for now, but there is one thing he is sure of.

He just left heart with Nam Taehyun.

 

Taehyun opened the gift Mino gave him.

A ring with a blue gem on it.

The gift comes with a small note.

         Wear this and you will be safe.

 

 

 

 

“You gave it to him already right?”

“Yes noona.”

“Good, now always watch him. Mr. Yang scheduled another test for him next week. As long as he is wearing it, he is safe.”

“Leave it to me.”

A woman smiled.

“Anyways, be sure to ask him out on a date!” She chirped and ran as fast as she can away from the room.

 

Song Mino shook his head as he watched a certain red-haired girl ran away from his room.

A date, why not.

 

 

 

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!