Ten

Empty Vision

 

Chapter Ten

 

Taehyun watched as his friends go with head to head battle between his other classmates. His pouted because the professor won’t let him join the training because of some orders from the headmaster. But Taehyun thinks that the elders does not allow him to participate because he is weak and won’t be able to survive the pain of being thrown around.

And Taehyun winced the moment he saw how Jinhwan was being tossed on the side by a man with big muscles.

“Are you alright?” Taehyun shouted from where he is seated.

Jinhwan lets out a weak thumbs up to his friend as a reply and went on fighting with his opponent.

And right after that, the petite guy was once again thrown on the wall.

 

 

 

 

“That guy almost killed me!” Jinhwan shrieked.

“Oh hush down will you? You are just soooo light that it is very easy to lift you up. Good thing you can heal yourself or else you’ll look like an eggplant with those nasty bruises.” Seungyoon said.

“Here, drink some hot chocolate.” Jinwoo gave the whining Jinhwan a cup of his masterpiece.

“His hot chocolate is to die for.” Seungyoon informed Taehyun. Jinwoo handed the youngest a cup of hot chocolate also and they watch the T.V with a warm heart and a smile on their faces.

 

Taehyun felt like everything is back to normal again. They would watch movies during weekends; his mom would call him every now and then informing him that they are perfectly fine. Mr. Yang would constantly check his visions, and Taehyun had gotten used to doing the experiment. It hurts of course, and everybody knows how he would spend the day after it in bed and sleeping.

The cat eyed boy is also happy because Mino is back. Even though the older is not giving him any attention, everything is fine as long as he can see the certain male. Taehyun would steal glances at Mino, while his circle of friends is forever bullying the poor hopeless maknae.

No.

Taehyun won’t admit it, but deep inside him—he already have fallen hard to Song Mino.

 

 

 

 

 

First Field Exam.

A nightmare for Nam Taehyun. This is the time where they would be all fighting with each other. A friendly war between the students of the Academy.

But as usual, Mr. Yang ordered the staffs to give Taehyun other requirements instead of joining the Field Exam. Taehyun would hear some bad words about him because he got exempted a lot in every physical exam. The younger can’t help but to wonder why won’t the headmaster allow him to join the activities.

“Can I join now Mr. Yang? This is a major exam, I needed this to test my capabilities.” Taehyun reasoned, eyes begging to the old man in front of him.

“Taehyun, you see, you’ve been through a lot this year, and I am planning to allow you to be back as a normal student in the next couple of months. And you are still taking special lessons about the subjects you’ve failed last semester.” Mr Yang replied, eyes still lingers on the journals in his table.

“Just this once, please… I already know some basic self defense!”

The old man looked at Taehyun and raises a brow.

“Just half time of the exam, after that you are out of the field and you must study again theories about your ability.”

And Taehyun jumped and jog his way out of the office, yelling to his friends that he can already be with them.

The young men nervously enter the arena together with their classmates. They looked around with their mouths wide open and Taehyun could feel the his body shaking with excitement and fear.

“So, we fight together okay?” Jinwoo declared as he grip Seungyoon’s arm tightly.

All of them nodded, Jinhwan stretches his limbs while Seungyoon is massaging his forehead, Jinwoo is testing the atmosphere, feeling how many are like him in the place—while Taehyun is looking around the arena, looking for Mino.

“We will not be killed right?” Jinhwan asked.

“Nope. Now, dude… you know your role.” Seungyoon said giving the older a ‘knowing’ look and both of them exchanged a smirk.

“What is it?” Taehyun whispered at his Jinwoo-hyung.

“Oh, you will see later.” Jinwoo said with a smile as he pats the head of Taehyun.

 

“Attention Students, Today will be the Day One of your annual Field Exam. Form your Ally, your hideout place, but at the same time; keep in mind this is only a friendly battle to test you capability in field. Use your powers and wear a protective vest that will be given to you by the staff. Good luck!” The headmaster said, and the old man watched as the students wore their vest with a very eager expressions.

 

“This is ing heavy.” Seungyoon said as wore the vest. Jinwoo helped him, who is also grumbling words about how heavy and smelly the vest is.

“This vest is said to be built for our abilities. This can protect us, it like our own version of ‘bullet-proof’ vest. Fire won’t burn this.” Jinhwan informed Taehyun. The younger nodded as he moves around to get use to the weight of the vest.

“I guess they are still inventing a lighter version of this huh?” Taehyun said.

“Hopefully, ‘cause I can’t barely move with this around me.” Seungyoon answered.

Before anyone could react, a boom can heard—a signal that the fight is about to start.

 

The first thing Taehyun and his friend do is they run towards the bottom of the arena, finding a good spot to hide. Taeyun watched as fireballs were thrown in different directions. He also saw some students being like avatar with their water-bending skills. Some are flying and are fighting on air.

The ground shook and they almost stumble down, Seungyoon hissed and whispered something that sounds like ‘Bobby should be careful or we will all be swallowed’.

“Look at that big rock!” Jinhwan shouted; poiting at a big chunk of rock that is above eight feet tall. A perfect shield and hideout for their team. The group immediately run towards it and catches their breath as they leaned on it.

“I’ll go in first with Jinwoo… Jinhwan, you have enough chakra right now?” Seungyoon asked.

“uhuh, enough for you to control half of the people here.” Jinhwan answered.

Taehyun looked at his friends, and Jinwoo, noticing the confused looked of the younger decided to tell him a short explanation about the plan of Seungyoon and Jinhwan.

“Since Jinhwan is a healer, he can also store big amount of chakra in his body that can be shared to others. And if he shall give chakra to Seungyoon…yoonie’s ability will get stronger. In short, Jinhwan can also be called a battery.”

Taehyun let out a very amused ‘ooohhh’ while clapping his hands towards Jinhwan.

“Let’s get started.” Seungyoon announced and together with his boyfriend, they flee towards the people.

Taehyun watched his hyungs fight with others. He is amazed how Jinwoo, even though he is not that tall—manages to whack the butts of the taller and bigger man. Seungyoon had it easy, with is telepathic ability, the older would always win. The younger also notices how Jinhwan is concentrating on something. And soon, he realized that Jinhwan is giving his chakra at Seungyoon.

And then, someone grabbed Jinhwan from behind and the boy let out a loud scream.

And the older just saw one of the most shocking things in life, he was being punched by somebody whom he can’t see.

A person with an invisible ability.

Taehyun’s eyes began to wonder around the place, taking a very cautious step towards his hyung so that he can help. He saw from the corner of his eyes a laughing Sandara-noona.

“Noona?” He asked, voice louder than usual.

“Nope Nope Nope. I’m not your noona for now. I am your enemy.” Sandara said followed by an exaggerated evil laugh.

Taehyun shook his head, trying not to laugh until he noticed a man beside his noona.

“Babe, give the kid a break.”

Babe? Taehyun asked himself inside his mind.

“Oh, Taehyun this is Jaejoong by the way. My one and only baby.” Sandara said.

Jaejoong and Taehyun shook hands.

“Nice meeting you Taehyun, now shall we?”

And Taehyun found himself being punched in the stomach and he felt his hands turning into eyes. He looked at it, and yes… it is turning into ice. Like Literally.

Ice controller.

Taehyun let out several incoherent words while trying to avoid the attacks of the man named Jaejoong. Thanking the heavens for all he learned from, he managed to give a good blow in the jaw of Jaejoong.

“Ouch, okay that’s nasty.” Jaejoong said, backing up a little to soothe the burning feeling in his jaw.

“Okay enough. Taehyun that is awesome! Keep it going, but can I have the pleasure to finish this man myself?” Sandara asked, stepping forwards and challenging her boyfriend who just let out a heavy sigh.

Taehyun was not able to answer since he saw Sandara lunged herself towards the ice controller in a form of a somewhat, rock monster.

The younger let out a sigh of relief, but was taken back when he saw that Jinhwan is still fighting someone.

“I swear, I will kill you once you show yourself to me!” Jinhwan shouted, hands flaring widely around.

Then they heard a giggle.

And then, after a few seconds… a girl appeared in front of them.

“I almost beat you!” the girl said while showing her tongue towards Jinhwan.

“You brat! Run as fast as you can because once I caught you, you are dead!”

The girl jumped and turned away to run towards who knows where while Jinhwan screamed, running after the girl.

Taehyun was left alone.

He looked around him, from afar, he saw Sandara and her boyfriend still fighting but at the same time laughing at each other. While Jinwoo and Seungyoon is standing side by side as they fought with some fire controller people.

“Okay, now what.” Taehyun can’t help but to talk himself. Which is a very normal thing to do for him.

“How about we test those abilities of yours?” A deep voice said from behind.

And as Taehyun looked from the source of the very hypnotic voice, he felt like he wanted to sit because his knees are betraying him already.

“Mino…” Taehyun called out in a weak voice.

“I won’t use any of my abilities; instead… let me fight with you in a normal way. You can use your ability to look for my future attacks.  You ready?” The taller said and asked.

And Taehyun does not a choice but to nod and prepare himself to whatever might happen.

 

They started with backing away from each other, Mino would be the first one to approach but for some reason Taehyun would always find himself turning away from his opponent. There are million things going around the younger’s mind. And one of them is how to defeat this certain man named Mino.

Taehyun finally decided to pull himself together and tried to attack Mino, but failed.

He fell on the ground as Mino dodged his punch.

“Come one, stand up.” Mino said, he watches with amusement how Taehyun would pout and whisper a curse. And he just can’t believe he finds it hot whenever the younger would let out unethical words.

Taehyun tried to punch and kick Mino again, but the younger found himself flat on the ground.

“Keep going.” Mino encouraged him.

The cat eyed boy lunged forwards, arms trying to grab Mino so that he can toss the older on the floor and maybe give him a punch. But Mino is faster and stronger. The older grabbed Taehyun’s shoulders and threw him on the ground. Taehyun yelp and he felt like exploding. He can hear his heartbeat, and he is sweating a lot.

Mino smirked before strangling the younger.

Taehyun wiggled, trying to break free from Mino, but the tan male sat on Taehyun’s stomach and the younger whined.

“Ughhh get of you heavy beast!” Taehyun managed to choke out, grabbing Mino’s collar and unknowingly bringing the elder’s face inches away from him.

And the moment Taehyun’s eyes snapped open; he gulped as he stared at Mino’s perfection.

Song Mino is breathing hard. He can’t move because Taehyun succeeded on grabbing his collar and wrapping his legs around him to paralyze him.

And yes, their position is not that nice to see.

 

Nam Taehyun stared, and stared…

And stared directly at Mino’s dark orbs.

I want to win this fight against Mino Taehyun thinks.

And Taehyun never felt so pathetic in his life until now.

 

 

Nam Taehyun harshly pulled down Mino’s collar.

Closing the gap between their faces.

And sealed their lips together.

 

 

Mino’s hands loosened around Taehyun’s.

And just like that.

Nam Taehyun Won.

 

A Kiss.