One

Empty Vision

Chapter One

 

 

 

 

It all started when Nam Taehyun was 9 years old.

It was a rainy night, and they were about to have a dinner at their favorite restaurant; the boy who is about to leave with his mother, cried all of a sudden.

“Taehyun? What’s wrong?” His mom asked while soothing her child.

“I don’t want to come out… I’m scared.” Little Taehyun whinpered.

“Why baby?”

“Snake. There is a snake.” The older woman frowned upon hearing this from her child. She walked to the door and slowly opens it.

She let out a gasp as she saw a snake outside of their door step.

It is, as if… waiting for them.

 

 

 

Everything is pretty much normal for a 13 year old Taehyun.

He is doing fine in school, having fun every Friday with his couple of friends, and is in a good relationship with his mother and younger brother.

And today, he was happy as he bought the latest album of his most favorite band in the world.

The black haired boy hummed to their songs on his way home, a bright smile plastered on his face.

Sitting in front of his desktop, he immediately posted in his sns accounts about his newly bought CD and went to bed early that night because of exhaustion on whole day roaming around the mall.

 

But before that, he didn’t forget to send a message to his friend and co-fanboy Seunghoon.

                 They will disband soon. So better buy the album already.

 

 

 

 

After a couple of days.

Taehyun cleaned his room and his precious collections of CD’s while wiping out his tears as he reads all the articles from the internet.

His favorite band and his inspiration to become a musician will no longer be creating music together.

Disband.

 

 

 

 

It is one cold night for a 15 year old Taehyun.

He tucked himself under the blankets and smiled. He watched as his brother fixed his own bed.

“Donghyun, tell mom to prepare candles and extra water for tomorrow.” He ordered his brother.

The other just looked at him weirdly.

“Why?” he asked back.

“Blackout. There would be a blackout tomorrow.” Taehyun answered, closing his eyes as he let the sleepiness overcome him.

The next day,

The town was filled by nothing but darkness.

 

 

 

 

The 19 year old Taehyun run as if he was being chased by a dozen of bulls.

The sweat rolled on his smooth forehead as he tried to catch up with his mom’s car.

If you asked him why, he would answer nothing but a silent—“I don’t know”

People are looking at him with a judgmental look. Maybe because he is running like a crazy person, or just he is screaming that his voice sounds hoarse already.

After ten minutes of running for his mom, the elder already notices her son catching up with her car. She abruptly stopped the car before getting out of it.

“Taehyun? What are you doing!?” His mother asked him, her voice full of concern.

The young boy blinked, looking around him, he tugged his mother back to the car.

He sat in the passenger seat in front while his mother went beside him. Taehyun strapped his seatbelt with shaking hands.

The mother could not help but to be worried on what was happening to her child.

“Mom, let’s go home. Don’t go to work.”

“Taehyun, what’s wrong? Are you sick? Donghyun…is he alright?” His mom asked Taehyun.

“Please. Just take a leave for now. Please.” The young man pleads his mother.

And the other just gripped the steering wheel and head back home.

 

The road is sleek, wide and seemed to be safe.

But it was all a lie.

A loud crash can be heard through the quiet night.

Just like what Nam Taehyun saw and heard on his dream.