-Chapter 2-

Color In My Eyes

My heart literally froze. He smirked at me and looked back at his sketchbook. He then again flipped his sketchbook back over and it read, “Why are you wearing a fancy dress in the park?” I chuckled and picked up a piece of trash off the ground and I had a pen in my purse (you never know when you might need one) and wrote, “It’s a long story” and showed it to him. He then wrote, “I have time” and smiled at me. I blushed and wrote, “Long story short I ditched my parent’s banquet.”

“Why? Boring” he writes

“I felt uncomfortable there”

“Bunch of rich people I suppose”

“Yep” I reply

“Figures.”  He looks back down at his sketchbook and writes “It was nice ‘writing’ with you but I got to go. I’ll be here tomorrow” I ran out of room on my piece of trash so I just gave him a nod and he stood up and left. Wow, did not expect that to happen at the park but it works for me. Afterwards I head back to the building and when I walk in there was someone giving a speech at the podium and he suddenly stopped when I walked in and everyone turned around and stared at me. Crap. I smile weekly and find a seat to sit down in and the man continued his speech. Oh my god I have never felt so embarrassed. Actually, scratch that, there was once when I was in middle school and I spilt my red PowerAde on my skirt and yeah you know what the rest is.

I could see my parents embarrassed expressions and people were whispering about me. I could probably guess what they were saying “Oh my god that stupid colorblind girl just totally interrupted that man. How rude!”  Whatever. When the man finished everyone was getting up to leave and I left the building to wait for my parents to come outside. I know that they are embarrassed by me so I figured it was best not to talk to them. When they met me at the car, they didn’t say a word and just got in the car. When we got home I went straight up to my room and took a shower.

Even though my parents are rich, it’s not like we own a big house of anything. It’s actually pretty normal looking. They’re just saving all of their money for when they retire or when I leave them and get my own house. I’ve actually already been to collage and I got a degree in Business Management and Administration but I didn’t really like buisness so I live with my parents. I decide to change into jeans and a T-shirt because that’s usually what I wear because any shirt can match with jeans so it’s easy for me to pick out clothes. I walk downstairs and I stop midway on the stairs and listen to my parents talking.

“I knew we shouldn’t have brought her to the banquet” I heard my mom say

“It’s not my fault she completely embarrassed our family”

“But Mark everyone was talking about her being the ‘colorblind child’ and stared at her. That’s not the kind of daughter I wanted”

“I know but she is ours and we have to treat her like our daughter because we are her parents after all”

“I just wish she wasn’t so, different.” I felt like my heart literally broke into a million pieces. I ran back upstairs and lay on my bed. I can’t believe I heard them say that. Oh well. I always knew that they thought about me like that. I sit up in my bed and start reading my book I have been reading. It’s called “A Way in the Life of Melissa McGunins” and it’s about a girl named Melissa who becomes death after a car accident and has to adapt to her new life. I really like this story becomes people treat her different because she’s death even though she’s still human and is fine just like people treat me.

As I was reading there was a part in the story that I stopped and looked at thoroughly. It was when Melissa was with a little girl and the little girl is in a wheelchair and is crying because all of the kids on the playground won’t play with her because she is in a wheelchair and Melissa says “Even though I’m death and I can’t hear a single word I’m saying, people may treat you differently for being different and not living by society’s standards, but deep down, they just don’t know what it’s like to be in your footsteps and so they judge, by not understanding how you feel.” I look at that quote over and over again and I take a highlighter and highlight it.

The next day I woke up and, once again, got on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt and went downstairs to get some cereal. When I go to get some milk out of the fridge, there is a sticky note that says, “Had to go to work.” Obviously it was from my parents but it’s just funny how they don’t even bother to put, ‘I love you.’ In fact, I can’t remember the last time someone said ‘I love you’ to me. Oh well. After breakfast I go out and head to the park, just cause. When I get there I sit down on the same bench and, sure enough, that same guy is sitting there sketching again in his sketchbook. He looks up and his note says, “I knew you would show up”

I take out my notepad (yes I actually brought one, don’t judge) and write, “Same for you”

“I never got your name”

“Why do you need to know? You could be a stalker”

“Fine. My name is Oh Sehun. You?”

“Charity Collins”

“That’s a pretty name”

“It was my great grandmothers”

“Shouldn’t you be in college or something”

“I only did college for two years”

“What’s you major?”

“Business Management and Administration but I hate it though ”

“So you got a degree in something you don’t like?”

“Basically”

“That .”

“Did you go to college?”

“No”

“Why not?”

“Two reasons. 1, money. 2, I didn’t want to go anyways.”

“So what do you do for a living then?”

“Whatever I want to”

“Gosh you’re so lucky”

We ‘chatted’ for a long time and I think I just killed a whole forest by the time we finished. I then write, “I got to go. Tomorrow?” He smiles and writes “I’m free 11am.” I write back “I’ll see you then” and then I wave and leave. As I’m walking away, a paper airplane hits me and I open it and it says “I’ll see you soon, Charity.”

 

 


 

Whoop whoop chapter 2! I made this chapter longer than the first because I felt like the first one was too short. Also the book that the character is reading isn't a real book. So yeah I hope you guys enjoyed it ^^