-Chapter 17-

Color In My Eyes

I woke up with the sun. When I open my eyes, I see Sehun looking into my eyes and I smile at him. He takes his hand and runs through my hair and he kisses me. “Good morning beautiful” he says. I close my eyes and snuggle up closer to him and I reply, “Good morning to you too.” He gets up and I get up too and stretch. I take a look at my phone and I see a message from my parents that was sent an hour ago and it says, “Today you are going out with Kai to discuss about wedding plans, have fun.” I groan in frustration and I fall onto the bed with my arms spread out wide and I take a big sigh. Sehun comes back into the room and asks, “Are you okay?”

“I have to go out with Kai today to discuss wedding plans and stuff like that” I say and take a pillow and put it on top of my face. I feel someone get on the bed and I move the pillow and I see Sehun sitting next to me. “What time do you have to go?” he asks

“Around 1:00” I say and I look at the clock and it’s 11.45. I get up from the bed and I grab all of my stuff together. “Why are you getting ready to leave now? We have at least an hour left” Sehun asks.

“When my parents say 1:00, they mean 12:00. They always want me to be somewhere an hour before the time they gave me. I don’t know why they’re like that, they just are. And trust me, I learned the hard way” I say and I go into the bathroom to get changed. When I come out I take my keys from the table and right before I head out the door, Sehun hugs me from behind. “You weren’t even going to say goodbye” he says.

“I know and I’m sorry, it’s just I can’t stop thinking about the wedding” I say and Sehun rests his head on my shoulder and kisses my neck. “Sehun, stop I have to go”

“But I want you to stay” he pouts. I chuckle a bit and I turn around and kiss him and say, “Sehun I want to stay too, but I really do have to go.” He sighs and let’s go of me and I give him a soft smile and I head out and walk down the stairs and head to the car. As I’m getting in, I see Sehun standing at the door waving like an idiot and I wave back and I drive off.

 

 

After getting changed at home I get back in my car once again and drive to Kai’s house. It was a good thing my parents were at work because I did not want to see them again after when they told me about the wedding. I pull up on Kai’s driveway and I park my car to the side and I walk up to the door. Even though I’ve been here plenty of times, it feels different. The atmosphere feels weird now that I’m getting married to Kai. The door opens and Kai’s mother kisses me on the check suddenly which creeps me out and says, “My Charity, gorgeous as always! It’s nice to know that my son is going to have such a pretty wife.” I smile at her comment but inside I felt like I wanted to die. We walk in and Kai comes down the stairs wearing jeans, a T-shirt, a jacket, and a beanie. I was honestly surprised by what he was wearing because it looked like something Sehun would wear. It was weird seeing him wear that because all of the times I’ve seen him was wearing a tux or something really nice, nothing casual that much. “Ready?” Kai asks me and holds out his hand. I hesitate to take his hand, but I hold his hand and he smiles at me and walks me out of the house. “You two have fun!” his mom yells and we wave back at her.

We get into his car and I immediately wanted to jump out of the car and make a run for it. Maybe if I went now then I could go inside Kai’s house and find a closet and hide in Narnia or something. You never know, Kai’s house is big enough to be Narnia. We drive off and Kai turns on the radio. As like any guy, the sport channel was on but then he changed it to some music. “What kind of music do you like?” he asks trying to make conversation.

“Any basically” I say and there was awkward silence just like usual. He takes my hand and caresses it like Sehun would and I get goose bumps. “Hey Charity, I just want you to know that even though we are getting married and that our parents arranged this, I don’t want it to be awkward between us” he says. And funny thing is, it’s always been awkward between us. “And I want you to know, is that if you ever need someone to talk to I’ll be here for you.” I honestly felt kind of bad because Kai is trying so much more for this to be not as bad as it may seem and then there’s me who isn’t budging at all. I manage to crack a small smile to him and he smiles. Oh boy, this is going to be a long day.

We get to a restaurant like the one me and Sehun went to. We sit down and Kai looks at me intensely. He is a very good looking guy don’t get me wrong, but he’s just one of those people who is nice and all, but I just don’t imagine myself with him. And what do you know; I’m getting married to him. Funny how life works out for me. “So,” Kai starts to say “where do you think we should have the wedding?” he asks.

“Um” I say “I would prefer inside because if it’s outside, what would happen if it rains?”

“I see your point. Ok then, what about cake?”

“Vanilla preferably, I hate chocolate” I say

He starts to laugh and says, “Oh I remember you hating chocolate. For my birthday I had chocolate cake and you refused to eat it because it was chocolate. Why do you hate chocolate anyway?”

“I don’t hate ALL chocolate, only chocolate cake” I say and I take a sip of my drink. After eating we head outside and walk around the streets and he holds my hand and for a moment I imagined being with Sehun so I laid my head on his shoulder. Bu then I remembered it was Kai. I wanted to let go of his hand, but I felt bad because I knew he liked it. We sit on a bench and he says, “I have something for you” and reaches in his pocket. When he takes his hand out of the pocket, there I a little tiny box resting in his hand. My heart stopped. He opened the box and inside is a beautiful ring with a diamond and little diamonds on the ring itself. “It was my great grandmothers and it’s been passed down in my family for generations” he says and holds my hand up and puts it on my finger. He looks at me with that do-you-like-it-face and I’m just completely speechless.

“I-It’s beautiful” I say.

He takes a big sigh and says, “Look Charity, I know you don’t like me, and I know that you don’t want to get married to me, but ever since I was little I’ve always had a crush on you. And I know that now is probably not the best time to be confessing, but I love you Charity, and I’m happy that I’m getting married to you.” He leans in slowly and closes his eyes and ever so slowly, he leans in to kiss me. I just sit there, motionless as he places his lips on mine and he pulls away and I turn away from him trying to hold my tears in. I’m not usually this emotional, but here I am having to get married to this guy whom I’ve been friends with but I’m madly in love with a completely different guy who my parents despise and now he confesses his love to me? I feel like the worst person on Earth.

Kai turns be back around and he looks at me worried and asks, “What’s wrong?” and I try my best to hold in my tears, but a couple fall out of my eyes and Kai wraps is arms around me. For a while we didn’t saying anything to each other, but suddenly Kai says, “You love someone else don’t you?” and a confused expression appears on my face. I sit back up straight and before I can ask how he knew, he interrupts me and says, “I can tell by the way you acted around me.” He looks down and says, “I’m sorry that I can’t be as good as him for you.”

“Kai” I say “You might not be my true love, you might not be my knight in shining armor, but we’re getting married and so I will TRY my best to act comfortable around you again, just like old times. So why don’t we just start over with this whole marriage thing.” and he smiles.

“I would like that very much.” He says and I smile at him.

 

 


Yeah I know this chapter is super short. It's because I wrote this last minute and so I have to update today so yeah. Plus I want my chapters to be different lengths and not just the same every single time. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter!