-Chapter 7-

Color In My Eyes

“You are jumping out of the window” he says

“I am not jumping out of a window. First of all, I never even asked you to come over so you have no permission, second, I don’t even know why you are in such a big rush, and three, I would rather keep all of my bones intact.” I say

“It doesn’t hurt. Trust me it’s nothing” he says and climbs outside the window onto the roof and jumps down. “See, nothing to it” I climb onto the roof and I look down. “Holy crap” I say to myself. I see Sehun standing at the bottom waiting for me. “Hurry up, I don’t have all day you know”

“I am not jumping, I change my mind” I say

“Oh come one! Just do it already, you won’t hurt yourself. I did it”

“But the difference between you and me is that I don’t like jumping out of things, or risk hurting myself, or do anything dangerous. And you do” I say

“I’ll catch you if you want me to” he says

“No, you don’t have to. It’s just, UGH! I can’t do it!”

“Charity, listen to me. I promise that you won’t die, or break something, or do anything that might harm you in any way. And if you did, I would never forgive myself. So please, just trust me and jump.” I nod nervously and I take a deep breath and I close my eyes and I think to myself, “Just jump. There is nothing to be afraid of. Besides, you have prince charming down there waiting for you.” And then, I do it. I jump down. And when I open my eyes, I see Sehun holding me in his arms and is smiling at me. He puts me down and says, “Now was that so hard?” and I laugh.

I follow Sehun to wherever we are supposed to go, but he walks so fast! Like seriously he could have the “Fastest Walker Award” if it was a real thing. At least, I don’t think it is. I have to sometimes jog to catch up to him and I felt like my legs were gonna fall off because I was getting really tired. I know, I’m really unfit.

“Can’t you walk any faster?” he asks

“No, no I can’t and you walk to fast. I mean seriously, my legs are about to fall off because we’ve been walking/jogging for twenty minutes straight now. And where are we even going? Why is it so urgent?” He sighs and gets down on his knees. “Uh, what are you doing?” I ask

“Get on” he says

“Wait, what? You want to give me a piggyback ride?” I ask

“Yep. If you can’t walk fast enough then I’ll just carry you. Besides, it’ll be faster.”

“Yeah but I’ll look so retarded” I said

“Look, you can either have your legs fall off, or you can hop on my back and look like a retard” he says

“I’ll keep up, I promise”

“Ok. But you just missed a once in a life time opportunity.” He says and we head off. When we get close, Sehun grabs my arm and starts to run. I can hear music in the distance as we are running. “Where is he taking me?” I wonder. As we are running, I hear him cough. “You’re still sick, aren’t you?” I ask.

“No, I’m fine” he says and coughs a bit again.

“Sehun, you don’t have to lie to me. We can go back to my house if you want” I say

“I’m fine, really. I took some medicine this morning” he says. After I gave up on trying to convince him to rest, we arrive at the destination. It was a concert outside. “Surprise!” he says stupidly. I laugh and say, “So you made me jump out of a window, run till I was exhausted, and wouldn’t tell me where we were going all because you wanted to take me to a concert?”

“Yep, pretty much”

“Oh my gosh” I say and laugh. “I can’t let you pay for this”

“I’m not. We’ll sneak in” he says

“What?! No, Sehun, we can’t break in. It’s against the law”

“Just trust me. You trust me right?”

“No, not at all”

“Perfect” he says and we head to the back of the concert. Whoever is running this isn’t doing a very good job considering the fact that there is no one guarding the back of the concert. Sehun ducks underneath the tape and I follow. I can’t believe I’m doing this. If my parents found out they would kill me, then chew me, spit me out, stomp on me, and kill me again. “Here’s the deal, everyone that actually paid has a pink wristband and we don’t, so, make sure you don’t show your bare wrist. Got it?”

“I can’t believe you dragged me into this”

“I can’t believe you let me”

“I didn’t!”

“I know, that’s why I love you” he says and my heart flutters. Those three, simple words just made me get butterflies in my stomach “I. Love. You” and I can’t help but smile. He looks at me weirdly and says, “I don’t actually ‘love’ you just so you know.” We hide behind some cargo from the guard and when he’s not looking, we run past to the front where everyone else is. We find an area to stand and, right on time, the concert starts. It wasn’t a concert for just one person; it was a concert where multiple artists come.

“Is this your first concert?” Sehun asks

“Yes” I reply. He smiles and we cheer while the music is playing. The way people were singing along, dancing to the beat and just having fun was truly a magnificent sight. For some reason, to me, seeing people have fun makes me happy. There were a whole bunch of stars that sang and there were a bunch of different styles of songs. It felt like after every song, the crowd became louder and louder.

“Having fun!” Sehun shouts because that’s the only way I’ll be able to hear him from the screams of the crowd.

“Yes! I don’t ever remember the last time I’ve had this much fun!” I shout back

“Well now you can say that your first concert was with the one and only Oh Sehun” he smiles. I was cheering so much and shouting so much that I think I might have killed the person’s ears in front of me. Whoops. I don’t know how long I and Sehun have been there, but it felt like hours. As I was dancing to the music, Sehun says “We got company” and coming at us was an angry security guard. “You two there, you’re in big trouble” the man says. “Run” Sehun shouts and we dash through the crowd. It was very difficult getting through the crowd, but when we got to the back, at least four guards were chasing us.

“Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap” I say under my breath as we are running for our lives. We duck underneath the tape and run and run and run as far away as we can. When they are finally out of sight, we lay down on the ground and just lay there for a while trying to catch our breaths.

“That. Was. Amazing” Sehun says after every breath

“Yeah. It. Was.” I say back. When we finally catch our breaths, all we do is crack up laughing. “I can’t believe we did that” I say and face him while still lying down.

“I know. But I had fun” he says and faces me with our faces inches apart. “I’m glad that I had you with me.” I lie back on my back and look up into the gray sky.

“Sehun?” I ask

“Yeah?”

“What does blue look like? I’ve heard of it, I just don’t really understand what it looks like.”

He chuckles a bit and turns to lie on his back too while staring up into the sky. “Blue. Honestly, it’s hard to explain. It’s very mysterious and magnificent and so beautiful that you really can’t explain. Other than the other colors, you just can’t. Take red as an example. Red has that fiery and fighting look to it. Pink has that loving and soothing look. Green has that nature and fresh look. But blue, I got nothing. You kind of remind me of the color blue, beautiful, mysterious, and absolutely majestic.”

“Great some I’m compared to a color? Oh well, I shouldn’t complain. It’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me” I say and laugh. We lay there in silence for a bit and then I break it and say, “I like the color blue, it sounds neat.”

“Me too”

 

When I get back home, I walk in and my parents don’t really say anything. I go to the fridge and get a bottle of water out and chug it down after all of that running. I make a big sigh when I’m done and I place it back in. “Are you feeling better?” my mom asks

“Yeah, why?”

“You have plans tomorrow” she says

“I do?” I question

“Yeah, with Kai. He and you are going to dinner together, by yourselves”

“Wait, why?”

“I thought it would be nice for him and you to hang out together. You did it so much when you were little”

“Yeah but I was a kid. I have a brain now” I say and my mom gives me that “grow up” face and I shut up and sigh. “Fine” I say and head up to my room and I burry my face in my pillow and yell “UGHHH!!!”

The next day I put on a white dress that goes to my knees and a jean jacket and I head to the Kims’ house. I ring the doorbell and wait for a minute or two and then Mrs. Kim opens the door.

“Oh my you look so pretty!” she says and pulls me in for a hug. Ok, this woman is nice and all but she’s too nice.

“Thank you” I say. Kai comes to the door and I can tell by his face expression that he’s impressed.

“You two have fun!” she says and waves us off. We wave back and we head to the garage that has like ten Mercedes. We get in the black one which looks the most expensive and we head to the restaurant.

“Nice to see you again” he says while driving

“You too” I say. There was silence and it was really awkward. I look out the window and he says, “So, I heard you were sick. That’s too bad”

“Yeah it was” I say back to him. I start to wonder what it would be like if it was Sehun that was taking me to dinner, not Kai. It would probably be more fun and we probably wouldn’t even go to a restaurant. We would probably go to his place and just hang out there and just talk. But with Kai, it was the most awkward situation I’ve ever been in, and there were plenty.

“Look, I know that we aren’t as close as we were when we were little, but I think that we should just try to have a good time. I know you don’t want to be here and I don’t blame you, but our parents wanted us too and you wouldn’t want to disappoint them, would you?” he says

“I suppose not” I say and look at him. He glances at me and gives me a faint smile. Maybe this won’t be as bad as I thought it would be.

 


Yay chapter 7! Thanks to everyone who's read up to this chapter and I hope you guys enjoyed it