-Chapter 16-

Color In My Eyes

And suddenly everything fell apart. Was this a dream? Did this seriously just happen? Wait, my parents wouldn’t just all of a sudden say that I was marrying Kai before we at least do something together. Oh wait, we did. Now everything makes sense. Now I know why Kai’s mom keeps on complementing me, and why Kai and I kept on doing stuff together, or the reason why my parents made us go to dinner, it was so we could get closer. I guess my parents and his have been talking about this for a while now, and they’ve kept it right under my nose this whole time. God I’m so stupid. And to make things worse, I just literally realized how much Sehun means to me, but now I have to get married. My life . “Mom, dad, are you serious?” was the only thing I can manage to say

“We’re serious” my dad says “it’s better for all of us.”

“Better for all of us?!” I yell and stand up “Why didn’t you at least ask me if I wanted to get married to him?”

“You and Kai have been friends for a long time now and we thought he would be the perfect match for you” my mom says

“But I don’t love him” I say

“Charity, we’ve been planning this ever since you were seven” my mom says. So not only they’ve been keeping this from me, they’ve been hiding this secret ever since I was seven.

“But why do I have to marry him? Doesn’t my happiness mean something to you?!” I yell and I’m on the edge of crying for the first time ever.

“Well 1. Kai is a very good and responsible young man 2. We want you to grow up and be successful with a successful husband 3. If you two get married then both ours and Kai’s parents businesses will get bigger and 4. He’s the perfect match for you” my dad explains.

“But I don’t love him” I say quietly

“You will soon” my mom says trying to make me feel better “you will fall for him.” Now I’m getting angry. God don’t they care for me at all. No, they don’t because they are my parents. My parents only care about business. My parents only care about how much money I will make in the future. My parents only care about themselves; not about me and what I want. I clenched my hand into a fist and I yell out “But I love somebody else!”

There is a shocked expression on their faces and then it becomes an expressionless face. “When did you meet this guy?” my mom asks not even looking at me in the eyes.

“About three months ago” I say

“So that’s where you’ve been going this whole time” my dad says

“Yes, and I love him. And I refuse to marry Kai.” My parents sigh deeply and my dad stands up and I can tell he’s getting pretty angry and he says, “You are marrying Kai and that’s it”

“Doesn’t my happiness mean something to you?!” I yell “I know that I’m not the child you wanted. I know that you didn’t want a child who is colorblind and is so different from everybody else. And I know you didn’t want a child who lets their parents down so much. But I’m your child and there’s nothing I can do about that.” Suddenly my mom stands up and she’s now angry and says, “Of course we care for you and want you to be happy, that’s why we want you to marry Kai. You’re better off with him then that other guy that probably lives on the streets”

“How dare you insult Sehun like that!? And yes, his name is Sehun. He’s so much better than Kai and he will always be better than Kai in my heart. I love him” My parents look hurt by what I said.

“That’s it!” my dad now screams “You are marrying Kai no matter what and I don’t want you to see this Sehun kid anymore!” Now I’m crying. Scratch that, I’m crying the Niagara Falls and my parents don’t even care. My brand new outfit is now getting soaked by all of the tears coming out from my eyes and the last thing I manage to say to my parents is “I hate you!” and I run up to my room and slam the door shut and lay on my bed completely soaking my pillow.

 

 

About two hours later I finally manage to do something other than cry my broken heart out and I take my phone and I call Sehun. At first he doesn’t pick up, but then after calling him seven more times he picks up and says “Hey Charity sorry I couldn’t pick up the phone I was – wait – are you crying?”

“I-I just n-need to talk to y-you in p-person I say between sobs

“Ok, I’ll meet you at the park” he says and immediately hangs up the phone. I drag myself out of bed and I open my window and jump out since I don’t want to see my parents after what happened. I start my car since I’m too worn out from crying to walk and I drive to the park. When I get there I wipe off my tears before I get out of the car and clean off my face so that people don’t stare at me and I get out of the car and take a deep breath. I walk to a bench and after a few minutes I see Sehun running towards me out of breath and he has a worried look on his face and I stand up and he asks, “So, what’s wrong?”

“Sehun” I start to say “I’m getting married to Kai.” He looks at me in disbelief, but then he realizes that I wasn’t kidding. He sits down on the bench and I sit next to him and I rest my head on his shoulder and we hold hands. “So, when’s the wedding?” he asks

“I don’t know” I say “but I have no idea what to do”

“I just can’t believe it” he says and sighs deeply “right after I confess my love to the most amazing girl ever, I hear that she has to get married to another guy whom I was jealous of.”

“I know I know I know” I say “it’s just I want to be with you” and now I start crying again. Sehun sits up straight and he turns me to face him and I’m still crying and he brings me in for a hug. I feel kind of bad for completely ruining Sehun’s jacket, but right now all I can think of is my future. How Sehun won’t be in my future just kills me. “Shhhhh” he says trying to soothe me “Just let it all out baby. We’ll think of something. I won’t let you marry someone you don’t love, I promise.” I sit up straight and I look into his gorgeous eyes which were the same ones I fell for and I ask “Promise?”

He gives me a small smile and he kisses me and my hair and says, “I promise.”

It suddenly starts to get really cold so Sehun picks me up bridal style and carries me to my car since he ran all the way from his house to the park. And the whole way to the car I was crying my eyes out while soaking Sehun’s shirt and jacket once again, but thankfully Sehun didn’t care. God I am so thankful for meeting this guy. We sets me in the passenger seat of my car and I hand him the keys and he drives us to his place. The whole car ride Sehun places one hand on me while I curl up into a ball and cry still. I honestly don’t know how I keep on crying. You know, you would think by now after crying for almost four hours today I would run out of tears, but I don’t seem to have run out, and I don’t think I’ll be running out anytime soon anyways.

We get to his place and he carries me to his door. We walk in and he places me on his bed. He takes off my shoes for me and my jacket which is soaked and goes to get changed since I did cry continuously on him. When he’s finished changing he comes back out of the closet and climbs on the bed and he says, “Face me” and I sit up straight and look at him. He takes his thumb and wipes off my tears and I crack a slight smile. “Please stop crying” he says and embraces me in a hug “I hate to see you cry.” I finally manage to stop and we lay down on his bed and he my hair and we just look at each other embraced in each others’ arms.

Sehun then suddenly hovers above me and he kisses me, but this time more passionately then the other times. He sits up and takes off his shirt and throws it to the side of the room and I stare at his abs. It’s the first time I’ve seen his abs and god almighty they are something. I smile at him and he swoops in for another kiss. He then takes my shirt off and I blush in embarrassment since this is the first time I’ve ever revealed this much to anyone before, let alone a guy. We kiss for a long time and he pulls away and he says “God you’re beautiful” breathlessly and I just chuckle at him. He kisses me one last time and he says, “This is as far I’m going to go for now” and winks at me. He throws me my shirt and I put it on. I see Sehun putting back on his shirt and I stare in disappointment. Sehun notices me and I make a cute pouty face and he comes over to me and kisses me. “You’ll see it again soon” he teases.

A while later we decide to go out and we walk around the town. We hold hands once again and I forget everything about what happened this morning. As we are walking, we stop by Baekhyun’s little shop and we walk in and sure enough we see Baekhyun sitting behind the counter. We walk up to him and he notices us and immediately takes off his headphones and looks at us weirdly and then he gets a huge smile on his face and says, “I knew you guys would get together! I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it!” He puts his fist in the air in triumph and says “All hail the wise Baekhyun!” and we all laugh, “So how’s everything?” Baekhyun asks “Done anything special yet?” and he raises his eyebrows.

“I’m being forced to marry someone I don’t even love” I say

“What?! That ! And right after you guys get together you’re getting married? That’s tough luck” he says disappointed.

“Yeah it does ” I say

“So how are you and Lexi doing?” Sehun asks. It takes me a minute but then I finally remember that Lexi was the girl that Baekhyun liked that works at the club he goes to.

“Ugh it’s so irritating!” he says “She doesn’t even notice me no matter what I do! I even look at her when I’m singing and she doesn’t even notice. She’s always talking to her boyfriend and it’s annoying. I’m WAY better than her six pack, handsome, famous model.”

“Yes, yes you are” I say and Baekhyun pretends to flip his hair like a diva and I chuckle.

“Well I guess me and Charity will go” Sehun says, “See you later Baekhyun!”

“See ya!” he says while we walk out of the shop, “Just remember it was ME who knew you two would get together, nobody else!”

We walk back to Sehun’s place and it gets dark outside really fast. Gosh this day has gone by so quick. Well, I did cry the majority of the day so I guess that’s why. “Do you want me to drive you home?” Sehun asks

“Actually, can I spend the night here with you tonight?” I ask

He smiles and says, “That’s even better”

After showering I put on one of Sehun’s shirts and we get in bed and we snuggle up close to each other. As we are lying there, I hear my phone buzz and I sit up and look at my phone and I see a text message from my parents and it says, “Where are you? Are you with that Sehun kid again? You need to come home right now young lady.” Sehun sits up and asks, “Who’s that?”

“Don’t worry” I say and turn off the lights and we lay down “Just some people who don’t matter to me anymore.”

 

 


I hope you like this chapter!