-Chapter 14-

Color In My Eyes

There was this feeling that I was experiencing, but I have no idea what this feeling is. This feeling of confusion and happiness all mixed up into one big emotion is what I’m feeling. I’ve never experienced this feeling before, but for some reason this feeling is taking over me. I can’t stop smiling and even my parents were starting to get worried about what exactly is wrong with me. But this feeling is both a curse and a blessing.

I was at the park just sitting on a bench just looking at everyone and what they do. And it just so happens that the bench I’m sitting on is the same bench where I met Sehun for the first time. God that feels like so long ago. While I was sitting on the bench, I was watching all of the little kids play on the playground. All of them were running around playing tag or playing on the monkey bars or something like that, but there was this one little girl who was sitting all by herself on the edge of the playground. I was watching her look at all of the other little kids who were running around the place and I could tell she wanted to play with them, she was probably just too shy and nervous too.

I get up and I walk over to her and I sit next to her and she looks at me and I could tell she didn’t want me next to her but I just had to talk to her. “Hi, I’m Charity” I say and I smile at her. She doesn’t respond and looks at me with those big eyes of hers. “What’s your name?” I ask

“Mia” she says which almost sounds like a whisper.

“Where are your parents?” I ask

“They’re somewhere. They dropped me off here while they went to go to something” she says. How can her parents just leave her here like this? She could get kidnapped or something! “Why are you sitting alone all by yourself?”

“The other kids don’t want to play with me, they think I’m weird” she says and holds her knees to her chest. “Why is that?”

“It’s because, um, I have this condition so I can’t run because my lungs would stop working” she says. I felt like I wanted to cry after hearing what she said. Sure there are plenty of people in the world who are like her, but I’ve never met someone like her in person before.

“It’s okay to be different” I say “the biggest challenge of life is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else. In fact, I’m different too. I’m colorblind which means I can’t see any color so everything is white, gray, or black.” She gives me a soft smile and takes a big breath. “Will you play with me?” she asks. I smile at her and say “Sure”

We go around the park and pick out the prettiest flowers we can find. I mostly just let Mia pick out all of the flowers but I picked a few also. Mia separated all of the colors into different piles so I didn’t get them mixed up. “What are your favorite colors?” I ask her

“Purple, pink, and blue” she says. I take a piece of ribbon that I found and I take a flower and I tie the flower on the ribbon. “This is what you do” I say as I show Mia how to make a flower headband. After I show her I let her do the rest and I start doing mine. I asked Mia what colors looked best with blue and she said that white and yellow would look good with it so I took those and I started to make mine. Looking at Mia with her beautiful smile across her face as she looks like she’s having the best time of her life reminds me of all of the times I wished I could be a kid again. The time when I could go anywhere I wanted to. The time when I was happy. The time when I had friends. The time when my parents loved me. When we were done I tied the headband around Mia’s head and I showed her what she looked like using my phone. “I look like a princess!” she says.

“The prettiest princess I’ve ever seen” I say and I put my headband on and I kneel down in front of her. “Your majesty” I say and she giggles.

“You can be a princess too! Princess Charity” she says and curtsies and I get up and do the same. We walk around the park and we come across a man playing the guitar and I take Mia’s hand and we walk over to the man and we start dancing. Mia’s face lights up as we dance and I can’t help but giggle at her cute dance moves. Of course people stared but who cares, it was so much fun. The man was having a good time playing and I held Mia’s hand and we moved to the beat. But then she started coughing really badly and I got worried and I let her sit down, it was her lungs. When she finished coughing she says “I’m fine, it happens all the time” and I sigh in relief. I gave a tip to the guitar man and he takes his hat and bows at us and we smile.

We walk back to the park and when we get there I see a lady and she runs up to us and immediately grabs Mia and picks her up. “Mia!” she says “where were you? I was so worried”

“Ma’am” I say “I’m so sorry. I saw your daughter sitting all by herself and so I went to go talk to her and we walked off to go pick some flowers” The lady looks at me with a confused expression and is about to say something when Mia blurts out “We became princesses Mommy and Charity and I made these headbands! Aren’t the pretty?!” Mia’s mom smiles at Mia and looks at me and smiles. “So you spent this whole time with Mia?”

“Yes ma’am I did” I said. She looks at Mia who starts to fall asleep on her mom’s shoulder and the lady looks at me and whispers “Thank you” and I just smile. She starts walking away and I see Mia wave goodbye to me and I smile and wave back.

 

I walk to a café afterwards and I sit down and drink a cup of coffee since it’s becoming cold outside. As I was sitting there was a girl who worked at the café and she was cleaning the tables and she noticed my headband and said, “I like your headband”

“Thanks” I said

“You know, when I was little I would always love to make those things, but now I’m so busy that I guess that I have no time for fun anymore” she says

“Well at least you are working for something” She stands up straight and wipes off her sweat from her forehead and sits across from me. I read her name tag and it reads Jaelyn. “I like your name” I say “it’s cool.”

“Thanks, my parents found the name in a sports magazine” she says and I chuckle a bit. “What’s your name?” she asks

“Charity” I say

“That’s pretty. You see the thing is, when you hear someone named Charity you think of a pretty and delicate person. When you hear someone named Jaelyn, you think that the person is different, mythical, or just plain odd.” She says

“Then what do you consider yourself to be?”

“Spunky” she says

“Spunky? Gosh I haven’t heard that word in ages.”

“Yep, that’s the point.” She says “So what do you do for a living?”

“Nothing, I live with my parents” I say and she has a are-you-kidding-me-face.

“Are you serious? Wow you are so lucky! I would kill to have a day off” she says and leans back in her chair. She closes her eyes for a bit and I don’t know whether to talk or not because I don’t want to disturb her when she’s resting. “Well, it was nice meeting you Charity” she says with her eyes still closed.

“You too” I say and then one of Jaelyn’s coworkers yelled at her for resting on the job and yelled “Jaelyn! If you got time to lean, you got time to clean!” Jaelyn groaned and opened her lazy eyes and got up and said “Coming!” She stretched her back and sighed. “See ya later I guess” she says and I wave as she goes behind the counter and starts cleaning the counter.

I leave the café and I go back home to change into a warmer outfit since it’s getting colder by the minute and while I’m changing I get a text from Sehun that says, “Meet me at the park” and I text him back saying okay and I head to the park. When I get there I see him in a pair of jeans, a sweater, a jacket, and a beanie with his perfect messy hair to suit it all off. He smiles at me and he asks, “Ready to go?” and I nod. We walk off and he holds my hand and I rest my head on his shoulder and I can tell he liked it. We walk to a resturaunt that and we walk in. It wasn’t much; there were no fancy tablecloths or fancy music playing. It was just a regular resturaunt. 

We sit down and I look at the menu and I notice that everything is Mexican food which is one of my favorite kinds of food. “So” Sehun says “I like your headband” I touch the headband and I realize that I never took it off, oh well.

“Thanks, I made it with a little girl today” I said. He smiles and I blush.

“So, what do you think you are going to order?” he asks

“Um” I say and look at the menu “probably a chicken burrito with rice. I know, I’m not very healthy” and I laugh at my own statement like an idiot and Sehun chuckles at my weirdness (it’s not the first time).

“I am going to get two tacos with rice too” he says and now I don’t feel as bad about what I’m ordering. We order what we want and the waiter takes up our menus. “Hold still” Sehun says and leans over the table and moves a piece of my hair and sits back in his seat and takes a picture of me. I give him a confused expression and he says “Drawing” and I nod understanding what he’s saying.

But then, I feel something. Something pounding me in the chest and it happens repeatedly. It’s my heart and it’s thumping harder and harder every time Sehun smiles, every time he laughs, every time he makes me blush in some way, my heart takes it all in. And it was in that very moment that I realized that I was falling, falling deeper and deeper into Sehun’s little trap, that this feeling that I was feeling this morning was none other than love. I, Charity Collins, was falling deeply in love with the magical and crazy boy, Oh Sehun, and there was no escape.

 

 


Yeah I know that this chapter is boring but I promise that something big is coming so hopefully the next chapter won't be so boring. Thanks for reading^^