-Chapter 5-

Color In My Eyes

I felt like I was going to die. When I woke up my throat was dry and I kept on coughing. I just couldn’t get out of bed. I had no one to call to get me medicine from the pharmacy. I was left alone, and I was left to die. And to make things even worse, Sehun had no idea that I couldn’t meet up with him. No matter how much I wanted to, I just couldn’t.

Because I kept on coughing, I couldn’t go to sleep. But right when I was about to drift off into a deep slumber, I heard something hitting my window. I looked to see what it was, and sure enough, it was Sehun sitting on my roof trying to open my window. I get up with all of the energy I have and I open the window.

“God, you look awful” he says

“Thanks, I really try” I say sarcastically. He jumps in my room and looks around. My room isn’t much. There are no posters or pictures on the wall, and I just have my bed, a bookshelf, a dresser, and a desk. And ironically, the walls of my room are white. I jump back into bed and Sehun is still looking around. “How did you figure out where I live?” I ask

“Google is a magical place” he says. That explains a lot. “So have you been in bed all day so far?”

“Pretty much. My parents don’t even know and I don’t feel like calling them, like they’ll care anyways, and I plan to stay in bed all day anyway.” I reply

“Don’t you need medicine?”

“Yeah but I had no one to go get it for me” I said

“I can go get you some real quick. Just make sure to leave the window open” he says.

“Don’t worry, I wasn’t gonna close it anyways” I say. He jumps back out the window and I fall asleep. By the time I wake up, I see him getting the pills out of the bottle and I sit up.

“Here” he says and gives me the pills. I swallow them and take a sip of water that he got for me. I let out a sigh and I go back under my covers.

“Thanks for getting me the medicine” I say

“No problem” he says.

He picks up the book I was reading, that was on nightstand, and starts flipping the pages. He sits down in one of the chairs I have in my room and starts reading it.

“While you’re reading that, I’m gonna go to sleep if you don’t mind” I say

“It’s fine. Go ahead.” He says. I go to sleep and I have this really weird dream. It might be because of the medication. I had a dream where I had the superpower of speed and I was running and running and running, and then I went to Kai’s house where he and some other guys and Sehun were there and they were like superheroes and had to fight the bad guys and stuff. Kai was a teleporter and Sehun had the power of wind and we went to this abandon warehouse and we went to beat up bad guys and stuff. It was freaking awesome. And then later one of the guys that we were fighting with got stabbed and he died and everyone was crying and stuff and I was bawling out crying because apparently he was my brother or something. Yeah, I’m gonna blame it on the medication…..

I finally wake up from my dream and I see Sehun, still in the chair, and it looks like he’s about done with the book. He closes it and then notices that I woke up. “Spoiler alert, the mom dies” he says.

My eyes got huge and I wanted to cry. I was so infuriated. I got up and ran over to him and took a pillow and kept on whacking him with it. “I.CAN’T. BELIEVE. YOU. JUST. SPOILED. IT. FOR. ME!!!!” I said while whacking him in between each word. He was laughing the whole time and when I stopped I fell down on my knees and I looked at him with watery eyes and ask “Were you kidding?” He finally stops laughing and says, “Calm down. I didn’t spoil it and the mom doesn’t die. But, why are you crying?”

“Well, if you had a sore throat and you were yelling at someone at the top of your lungs, you would want to cry too” I say. I get up and plop down on my bed again and sigh as I’m still trying to regain my breath. He gets up and places the book back on my nightstand and says, “So, I see where you highlighted”

“Yeah, I liked what she said” I say

“The thing is, she’s death, so how can she even understand what she’s saying?”

“That’s the point, she doesn’t. That’s why I like it” I say. We didn’t speak afterwards but then he interrupted the silence and asked “Have you mentioned me to your parents yet?”

“No. I don’t think they would approve of me having a stranger in our house and hanging out with him. Besides, they have high standards” I say

“Well I think that I’m a lovely person” he says and gives me a diva look.

“Yeah, you are. But they are into the rich people who got a doctrine degree in college. Kind of like the Kims” I say. He got a confused look on his face.

“Who are the Kims?” he asks

“Oh they are a family that my parents have known for a long time. They also have a son, named Kai, and I’ve known him when we were little”

It gets later in the day and Sehun went to go get food from this Chinese restaurant that he said was ‘literally the best restaurant on the face of the earth.’ The medicine starts to kick in so I get a blanket and I set it down on the floor and I go downstairs and get some drinks. When I get back upstairs, Sehun climbs in the window and shuts it.

“I like what you did to the place. Very fancy” he says

“Thank you. I try” I say. He sits down on the floor and opens the bag. It smells really good. After he pulls out the food he gives me mine and I open it. It was fried rice with sesame chicken and sweetened carrots. He takes his water bottle and holds it up and says, “Cheers” and I hold up mine and knock it against his. He only got us chopsticks and I don’t know how to use them so I poke my food with them in order to eat.

“Do you not know how to use chopsticks?” he asks

“No” I say

“It’s easy, just place your hands in it and use that finger to grab the food” he says while moving my hands in place. After five minutes on trying to teach me Chopsticks 101 I groan and say, “I give up! I’m gonna go downstairs and get me a dang fork.” After I get my fork we keep on eating and talk.

“Even though I was gonna take you to a restaurant, I think this is better” he says

“Yes, being terribly sick and eating on the floor which I haven’t clean in forever and eating Chinese food with a stranger that climbed through my window that my parents don’t even know is definitely better.” I say. When we finished, we clean up my floor and we sit on my bed and watch a movie playing off of my phone.

“If I wake up with a fever tomorrow I’m gonna blame it on you” he says

“Fine, but no one asked you to babysit me all day” I reply.

“Hey, babysitting you was hard work! I had to go to the store to get you medicine, I got smacked to death with a pillow that wasn’t even that comfy, I had to go get you food, and I had to (try) to teach you the art of chopsticks. God, may your future husband have mercy.” He says. As we are watching the movie, I hear the garage door open. My parents are home.

“Crap, my parents are home. You need to leave” I say as I get up and try to get him to leave before him parents hear him.

“This will be the perfect time for they to meet me. I can say ‘Hi I’m Sehun, I have been seeing your daughter and I climbed in her window today to take care of her while you were at work’.” He says

“No! That’s the worst plan I have ever heard! Look you got to go now before they see you” I say and shove him until he’s right in front of the window.

“Wait” he says and turns around and grabs a piece of paper and a pencil and writes something “here is my number. Whenever you need me or you want to hang out, text me.”

“Fine, now go!” I exclaim

“Alright, alright I’m leaving. God” he says and hops out of the window. I watch him climb down my roof and jumps onto the yard. “Text me!” he yells and I motion him to leave. I sigh in relief and I go downstairs to see my parents. When I get downstairs my parents look at me weirdly.

“Are you okay?” my dad asks

“I’m sick. But don’t worry, I already took medicine.” I say

“Okay, that’s good. Now go upstairs and get some rest” my mom says. I nod and I go back up to my room and I lay on my bed. I pick up my phone and I decide to text Sehun, “Hey, thanks for coming over today. I had a good time even though I felt awful.” A couple seconds later he replies and it says,

“Me too. Get some rest Sleeping Beauty.”

 


Hello everyone! So here is Chapter 5 finally. So I've decided to post a chapter every two days instead of everday. Please please PLEASE tell me what you think about the story in the comments because it would really help if you did. Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed it!