-Chapter 13-

Color In My Eyes

It’s that time of year now when the weather goes from really hot and then suddenly drops down and it’s now really cold outside. Usually I could just wear a pair of jeans and a T-shirt and be done, but now I have to wear a pair of jeans, a T-shirt, AND a sweatshirt. And if I’m feeling fancy that day I’ll wear a scarf. And if I’m in a REALLY good mood, then I’ll wear some boots and actually wear something that matches for once. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but fashion and I don’t really click well.

I remember one time when I was little (I don’t remember how old I was) and I went shopping with this girl because my mom and her mom were friends so when parents are friends they force their children to get along just so they can hang out. It’s true! Anyways the girl (for now on I’m gonna call her Red because her hair was so gigantic and it was so red and curly) was all into shopping and we went into a thousand stores and Red would buy so much stuff and then Red’s mom would feel bad for me and then she would buy something for me and then my mom would force me to wear it. Oh, and also Red’s mom bought me and Red BFF necklaces so I was forced to wear the necklace even though Red took the color I liked.

I wouldn’t consider myself a girly girl, but I wouldn’t say I’m a tomboy. I’ve always considered myself my own species because 1, I don’t mix well with other people 2, people think me being colorblind is weird and abnormal (which it is) and 3, being different is better than being stuck like the rest of the people of the world so I might as well embrace it. Think about it, if everyone was the same and no one had different interests or people thought the same, talked the same, and everyone was literally like ONE person, things would get boring fast. And here you have me, a girl who is colorblind which is very rare, who spices up the world. So you might as well thank me. The thing is, no one really notices the world like I do. And that’s fine with me.

But for some odd reason today I had a strong urge to go out of my comfort zone and do something daring, something extraordinary, something that when I look back after I get married (ha like I’ll get married) and I have kids and I’ll look back at this day and I’ll be like, “Dang that was one heck of a day” and I would mentally pat myself on the back. And so, it was that very moment that I took out my phone and texted Sehun and said, “Hey, meet me at the park. I want to have an adventure” and seconds later he replies, “I’ll see you then” and there were no questions asked.

At the park I got there before Sehun so I waited for him on the bench where I met him for the first time and he gets there shortly afterwards. “So,” he says, “what do you want to do?”

“That’s the thing, I don’t know. I want to do something daring, something fun, something dangerous” I say and he starts getting excited.

“Now you’re speaking my language,” he says grinning “I have an idea”

“What is it?” I ask getting excited for whatever the out of ordinary is waiting for us.

“Well, there is this guy who stole a painting from me and claimed it was his even though I could clearly see the white out where my signature is. And so, I have a plan. We are gonna go to his house, first we are gonna spray paint smiley faces on all of his doors, then we are draw stuff on his face with permanent marker, and for the grand finally, we paint his very expensive red convertible car. It’s still really early in the morning so he should still be asleep.” I get chills. It was perfect. A way of getting revenge and having fun while giving the man the real taste of artwork.

We go by Sehun’s place and grab all of the stuff we need for our painting extravaganza. One by one we place everything we need in his truck and he comes out of his place and says, “I just found this pink glittery paint”

“That’s perfect!” I say and he puts it in the truck. We head off to the man’s house and we arrive at this small dirty looking house. It’s obvious that he spent all of his money for the car. We park the car a few houses down and we quietly take the paint and markers and head over to his house. We look around the house on the outside and we figured out that the man’s room is on the second floor so we’ll first spray paint the doors, then we’ll climb in the window and beautify his face, and then we will jump back out and show his car no mercy.

I take a can of spray paint and I go around and spray paint the doors. Honestly I’ve never really used spray paint before so my first smile faces were kind of weird looking, but once I got the hang of it I managed to make a decent smiley face. Next step was to climb into the window. We get right below the window and Sehun holds out his hands and I step on them and I try to get in the window but I’m so out of shape so I struggled. “Oh my gosh you weigh a ton!” Sehun says

“Sorry!” I say

“Would you hurry up? My arms are about to break”

“I’m trying!” I say and I finally manage to pull myself up into the window. The room is very messy and there is food laying everywhere and I see the man lying on the bed. He is wearing a tank top that has stains on it and he is in his boxers. I try to creep over to him as soft as I can, but it doesn’t help that the floor creeks every time I take a step. “Shhhhh!” Sehun scolds me. I mouth sorry to him and we open the marker cap and start drawing on his face. I tried my best to sustain my laugh, but honest to god he looked hilarious. We mustaches, glasses, moles, and lipstick on him. When we were done, Sehun wrote stupid in big bold letters across his forehead. I walk back to the window and I turn around and see Sehun looking around the man’s room. “What are you doing?” I whisper to Sehun

“I’m trying to find my painting,” he says “go on without me. I’ll be there in a minute.” I climb back out the window and I head to the car. I open the paints and by the time I finished opening all of the paints, Sehun came and he was holding his painting in his hand while smiling like he won a race in the Olympics or something. He puts it down and we get out the paint brushes and start painting the car. Of course there was a part of me that was telling me to stop because that part of me felt bad, but the rest of me was willing to go to this extent. “It needs more glitter” I say.

“Glitter coming up” Sehun says and takes the paint bucket that is pink and glittery and splatters the paint all over the car. “Beautiful” he says. We paint for about five minutes and I get paint on my clothes and I write a note on the car and it say, “From the people who gave you some true artwork” and I signed it from The Blind and Sehun came over and signed it by White Out Boy. But suddenly the man comes out of the house in his robe and slippers and he has a furious expression on his face and Sehun yells “RUN!!!!” and he grabs the painting and we dart off running.

I obviously was not at all prepared for this adventure because the shoes I was wearing were not meant for running as fast as you can away from an angry Picasso painting done by yours truly all the way to a jacked up pickup truck that is basically like driving a stick while running away with one of the most outstanding person I have ever met.

We quickly get in the car and I lock the doors and Sehun starts the car. But, of course, it just so happens that now out of all of the other times this could have happened, the truck won’t start. “Hurry up he’s coming!” I yell

“I’m trying but the stick won’t cooperate!” he says

“Well make it cooperate because if it doesn’t then we are gonna get killed all because you can’t start a stupid stick!” I yell and I turn around to see the man still running. Sehun finally starts the truck and he steps on the pedal and we drive off. I turn around and I get a horrified look on my face. The man is holding on to the back of the truck and he’s trying to get up onto the truck. “Sehun! The man won’t let go of the truck”

“Well do something about it, I’m driving!” he says and completely goes over the speed limit.

“Stop this car right now!” The man yells. I look at the back of the truck and I unbuckle and take a paint brush and I throw it at the man, but he dodges it.

“That was my favorite paintbrush!” Sehun yells

“I’m sorry I’m trying the best I can! I’ve never actually been trying to get a mad man off of my car before!”

“Well hurry up!” I try to think of something fast and I open a can of paint and I splash it all of the man. I managed to cover his face so he can’t see, but he still isn’t letting go. “Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap” I say. But then I get an idea. I take another can of paint and this time I aim for his hands so that his hands will get slippery and he will have to let go. “You don’t mind if I get paint all over the truck right?” I ask Sehun who is still driving like a maniac.

“No, not at all” he says like he’s out of breath. I open another can of paint and I pour it on the man’s hands and he lets go of the truck and falls down. I do feel bad because he probably go hurt a lot. I sit back in my seat and I buckle up and Sehun and I just sit there in silence for a few minutes just trying to process what really just happened just now. Sehun pulls the truck over to the side of the road and right then, he starts cracking up. And I can’t help but laugh too. “That was one heck of a ride” he says

“I know. But it was honestly the most fun I’ve ever had” I say and I look at him. “Want to know something?” he asks

“What?” I ask

“You’re beautiful”

“Shut up”

“No seriously, you’re gorgeous”

“And why would you say this now?”

“Because I wanted to”

“You’re weird”

“I know, that’s why we click”

I lean my seat back and Sehun does the same with his as we are in the parking lot of a Waffle House. “Don’t you think it’s weird?” I ask

“What is weird?” he asks and turns over on his side.

“How a person can be so secluded from the world, so distant, so different but then suddenly meet someone who completely changes who they are and doesn’t really do much to change them.” I say. He looks at me with those beautiful eyes of his and he obviously knows I’m talking about him.

“I guess it has to depend on the person who changes. If that person was so distant and was perfectly fine like that, then I guess it was the person who allowed them to change because of that one somebody who opened a new opportunity.” He says. I smile at him and I lean on my back and I rest my head on top of my arms. I sigh and I ask him “What are the colors of your eyes?”

“Brown” he says

“Well they are a very beautiful gray” I say and I hear him chuckle a bit.

“Tomorrow, do you want maybe go out?” he asks

“Sure, I don’t anything else to do I don’t think”

“Face me” he says and I face toward him. He stares at me for a minute and touches my face with the back of his hand and smiles. “You are beautiful, just so you know”

“I’m crazy too, don’t forget that” I tease

“Yeah, but beneath all of that craziness and mysteries, you truly are beautiful. And some people not might look that deep, but trust me, I do”

 

 


I almost forgot to post the next chapter today! Whoops! Thankfully I remembered so I wanted to update real quick before I go to sleep. Thanks for reading and goodnight (or good morning, whatever works for ya)^^