-Chapter 4-

Color In My Eyes

I couldn’t sleep that night. I kept on thinking about all the things we did together. The way he smiled at me, the way he held my hand tightly, the way he treated me like a regular person, it was one of the best nights I’ve ever had. It was currently 3am and I decided to read my book while listening to music. I tried to focus on the book I was reading, but I couldn’t concentrate. I wanted to go hang out with Sehun and just wander around the town alone and just talk. But I couldn’t because I don’t know where he lives, I don’t know his number, and I have to go to a dinner with my parents. I’ve never once in my life wanted to hang out with someone so bad. For once someone finally makes me feel happy about myself.

I finally managed to fall asleep, but only for four hours. My mom told me that she wanted me to go out and get a new dress for the dinner because apparently it’s a big deal. Basically what she’s trying to say is that all of my other dresses don’t fit the occasion so I have to go buy a new one. I already have like 15 dresses; I don’t think I need another. When I get to the store I look at all of the choices they have. Some are sleeveless, some have long sleeves, some are really long, and some are short.

I decided to go with one dress that has a belt with a jewel on it and the dress goes down to my knees. When I get home I try it on and I go downstairs to show my parents. My mom looks at it carefully and says, “Just so you know, the dress is white and the belt is black”

“Ok” I say to her. She doesn’t even bother to say it looks nice, but by her facial expression, I think she approves. We get in the car and when we get to the house, I literally was in shock. The house was huge and there was a beautiful garden beside the house. We get out of the car and we walk up to the house. A lady opens the door and she says, “Hello Mark, Judy. It’s been a while!” and hugs my mom and dad.

“It certainly has” my dad says

“Oh and your daughter is beautiful!” she exclaims.

I smile and say “Thank you” to her.

“Well come on in! My son is upstairs so just make yourselves at home.” she says. We walk in and immediately I see a huge and beautiful chandelier hanging above us. It kind of reminds me of one of those chandeliers that would fall in one of those mystery films. We walk into the living room and we sit down on the couch. “I’ll be right back” the lady says and goes upstairs. My parents and I sit in silence and then my dad says, “Isn’t this place something?”

“It is” my mom says. “Charity, you remember the Kim’s right?” I shake my head. It was probably so long ago since I’ve seen them. I don’t even remember their son.

I’ve been to a bunch of dinners with my parents before, but this one felt different for some reason. It may be because Mrs. Kim already knows me, but other than that, I have no clue. This place did seem a little familiar and Mrs. Kim was sort of familiar also. But I can’t remember anything else.

Mrs. Kim comes downstairs and following her is her son. He’s very handsome, tall, and has beautiful toned skin. He looks like someone who belonged to a rich family. He wore a black button down shirt and had a white coat on and black pants. His hair has a dark brown and his bangs fell just above his eyebrows. He looked very nice.

“This is my son, Kai” Mrs. Kim says

“Nice to see you again Kai” my dad says and shakes his hand.

“Nice to see you too sir” he says back.

“Charity you remember Kai don’t you?” Mrs. Kim asks

“Um, it was so long ago” I reply. He looks at me and I try to pretend I don’t notice him, but his alluring eyes are piercing through me. We head over to the dining room and we sit down. My parents sit next to me and Kai sits right across from me. Mr. Kim comes in through the door and says, “I apologize for being late, I had an emergency come in last minute.”

“Its fine, we are just about to start eating” Mrs. Kim says. The chef comes out and places a small salad in front of each of us. As we are eating Mrs. Kim asks, “So Charity, I hear you got your major in Business Management and Administration”

“Yes ma’am I did” I reply

“It’s been so long since I’ve seen you; you were just six years old. Now look at you, you have grown into a fine young lady” she says

“Thank you”

“Kai has become quite handsome as well” my mom says.

“Not really” Kai says, “your daughter, I believe, really has become something else.” He looks at me and I give him a soft smile. I can tell he’s just trying to impress my parents. Man how I could kill just to leave and go far away from all of these people.

Later on I start to remember Kai. It took me a while, but I finally managed to. I remember once, when we were little, we were playing on the playground while our moms were talking and I wanted to go down the slide but Kai wouldn’t move because he was reading a book. So later on I took his toy that he had to take with him everywhere he went, and I threw it in the mud. Yeah, I got in big trouble.

“May I be excused? I need to use the restroom.” I ask

“Yes you may” Mrs. Kim says, “Kai, go show her where the restroom is.”

“Yes ma’am” he says. We get up and I follow him to the restroom. “You look nice.” He says.

“Thank you. You too” I reply

“My parents have always thought you were going to be a very successful person” he says. It’s kind of weird him talking to me like this since we aren’t that really close and I haven’t seen him since we were little kids. He went off to a different private school and I did so we never really communicated since.

“Well, I don’t even know what I’m going to do in the future.” I say

“At least you won’t have to follow your parents’ footsteps. Unlike you, I have to become a doctor in order to keep my parents happy.” He says

“That . I would be awful if I was a doctor.” I said “How far away is the restroom anyway? I feel like we’ve been walking for miles now”

He laughs a bit and says; “I was taking the long way just so that I could talk to you more” he smiles. Creep. When I get to the restroom, I wash my hands and look at myself in the mirror. It’s like his parents are prouder of me than my actual parents. I don’t even know why his parents keep on complementing me. It’s weird. When I walk out, I see Kai standing by the door.

“Why are you still here?” I ask

“I was afraid you would get lost or something.” He says. When we get back to the dining room, the main entrée was already waiting for us.

“Now that we have the kids back, let’s eat!” Mrs. Kim says. My parents and the Kims were chatting a lot the whole entire time and they were basically just talking about their businesses or what they did together in the past. I have never seen my parents so, talkative, ever. It’s so unlike them. When we finished my parents and Kai’s parents went to go chat even more in the living room.

“Charity, why don’t you and Kai go outside for a bit” Mrs. Kim said

“Ok, sure” I say. We walk outside and I take a deep breath of fresh air. “God it’s so pretty out here”

“Yeah it is. My parents spent millions of dollars to make the front yard nice. It was worth it” he says. We walk around a bit on the path that goes through the garden and we talk for a bit.

“Do you remember that time when we were kids and we went to Six Flags and we wanted to go on this one roller coaster but we were too short so you stood on my shoulders and we put a coat over us to get in?” he asks

“Yeah it sounds familiar. I accidently fell on you and I got a huge bruise on my knee that was like the size of China” I said

“My mom was cracking up the whole time while yours was embarrassed by us” he said

“My mom is still embarrassed by me” I said. We talk and laugh with each other and it was nice. Plus remembering things that we did in the past was really interesting and enjoyable.

“So you didn’t remember anything that we did?” he asks

“I guess. I don’t know, it’s not like I reminisce my past everyday” I say

“But you should every once in a while. It doesn’t hurt” he says

“Whatever”

 “We should probably go back inside” he says. I nod and we go back to the house. When we get back inside my parents are already ready to leave. We say goodbye to the Kims and we get in the car. Finally, we are going home!

“What did you think about Kai?” my mom asks. That was weird. She never talks to me in the car.

“He’s nice, I suppose”

“You guys were outside for quite a while” my dad says

“We were just talking. Nothing special”

“Well I think he turned out to be a very nice and handsome young man.” My mom says. When we get home I go take a shower and go to bed early since I didn’t get to sleep much last night. I was exhausted. But it was nice seeing Kai again. It was nice talking to him again and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. But I’m probably not going to see him again anytime soon. I think.

 


Yay Kai is added to the story! I wanted to add another character to the story because it would be so much better if you had someone else in the story that plays an important role. *Hint hint* But I hoped you guys enjoyed the story and it would be very helpful if you told me what you think about the story so far in the comments! Thanks for reading!