-Chapter 11-

Color In My Eyes

A week has passed since the last time I’ve seen Sehun. He had to go out of town for a bit because of business and stuff like that. Now that he isn’t here, I never realized how boring my life is without Sehun. I know this might sound weird, but it’s almost like he’s the only entertainment I have in my life. I mean, it’s not like I can do anything with my parents. But I could do something with Kai….. Ha! And so it was in that very moment that I decided to get my lazy up from bed and go outside. I go to a little café and I order some coffee, because it’s basically all I ever drink apparently, and I read a book. “Charity?” I hear someone say and I look up to see none other than Baekhyun standing right in front of me.

“Oh hey Baekhyun” I say

“Hey, how are you doing?” he asks

“Good” I say.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” he asks

“No I don’t” I say and he sits down in front of me. “So, how’s business?”

“Same basically. People come some days, and some days people don’t. But it’s not my only job I have, I also go to this club and sing sometimes for some extra cash.” He sips his drink

“Nice,” I say “so what are you doing in this part of town? It’s kind of far away from where your place is”

“I’m meeting up with my sister later.” He says

“That’s nice. What does she do?”

“She is a figure skater and does all of these competitions and stuff. It’s pretty neat”

“It must be nice to have a sibling. Unlike me, who is the only child and my life is basically no fun”

“Are you kidding me? When we were little my sister, by the way her name is Daehyun, would annoy the crap out of me! She was so bossy just because she is two years older than me. But now, she’s like one of my best friends and I love her.” He says

“That doesn’t really make me feel any better” I say coldly and he laughs. “So?” he says “when are you and Sehun gonna get together?” and he grins deviously. I roll my eyes and I say, “We are just friends, that’s it”

“Oh yeah? I think you like him” he says and I blush, “but don’t worry, I think he likes you too”

“No he doesn’t, we are JUST friends and that’s it. Got it?”

“Whatever you say, but you are in denial. Just face it, you two were meant for each other. Oh and make sure you give me a call for your wedding day.”

“Shut up” I say and I playfully hit his shoulder and he pouts. You see, someone like him would be the perfect brother. Like seriously I would do anything to have a sibling. With Baekhyun, he is the dorky and funny sibling you would want for an older brother. And I bet his sister would be the perfect sister to go shopping with. I can just imagine how their holidays together would be like. Baekhyun would try to open the presents early, but then his sister would try to stop him and then they would fight just like siblings do.

I do have cousins too so it’s not like I’m completely alone, even though that’s what it feels like. My mom has a sister but she lives really far away and we haven’t seen each other in forever. There was one time when I was twelve and they came over for a visit. My cousin on that side was 24 at the time so he’s really old now and it was always awkward when he came over because I was literally half his age so we didn’t communicate much and I don’t even remember his name. There’s also Julie who’s on my dad’s side and she was only a year older than me, but she’s so bossy. I was 15 the last time we saw them and she always looked down to me and thought that she was all that and more and she would constantly talk about her boyfriend and how sweet he is and it was all just so gross. But I think they’ve broken up. “Well, I have nothing else to do so do you want to go hang out or something? It’s not a date I promise you that, I wouldn’t betray Sehun” Baekhyun asks.

“Sure, why not” I say and we leave. We walk down the street and Baekhyun asks, “Want to play truth or dare?”

“Sure, truth or dare?” I ask

“Um, truth”

“Do you like anyone?” I ask him. Yeah I know, that’s what everyone asks but I’m curious

“Uh” he says “yes, there is this one girl that I like. She works at the club I was talking about. Her name is Lexi and she’s hot like oh my god she was blessed or something.” I giggle at his statement and he asks “Ok, truth or dare?”

“Dare”

“I dare you to that street light with all of the gum on it” he says

“You wouldn’t” I say

“Oh I would. Times a ticking” I walk over to the street light and I very quickly it and I try to wipe the street light substances off my tongue while Baekhyun is dying of laughing beside me.

“Ok then Baekhyun, truth or dare?”

“Dare”

“Oh you shouldn’t have picked that.” I say and he has a worried expression on his face. “I dare you to walk over to that girl in the very short skirt walking next to that really muscular guy and pinch her in the you know where” He gets a horrified expression and he says, “Fine” and he walks over to her and pinches her and the girl yelps and Baekhyun makes a run for it and the guy takes off running after him. I walk up to the girl and I say, “It was a dare” and she just nods and we just laugh our heads off when we see the guy walking back while hold Baekhyun by the collar. He lets go of Baekhyun and Baekhyun falls to the ground and the couple walks off. “That was cruel” he says

“Hey, a dare for a dare” I say and I shrug my shoulders. We walk to the park and suddenly I get a call from Sehun and I pick up and say, “Hello?”

“Hey, Charity, what are you doing?” he asks

“I’m hanging out with Baekhyun”

“Baekhyun?” he asks and his tone changes slightly

“Charity put it on speaker phone” Baekhyun says and I do so. “Hey Sehun!”

“Baekhyun,” Sehun says “make sure you don’t do anything err stupid with her”

“Sehun, bro I’m not gonna steal your girlfriend” he says

“I never said she was”

“Well you sure made it sound like she was” he says trying to .

“Sehun I’m fine, just enjoy your little vacation and I’ll see you when you come back” I say

“Ok,” he says “Charity, watch out for Baekhyun, I don’t trust him”

“Well that’s rude” Baekhyun says

“Sehun he’s fine, I got to go” I say

“Ok, bye”

“Bye traitor” Baekhyun says and I hang up. We walk for some more and then we see an ice skating rink, figures, and Baekhyun says, “Charity we have to go ice skating!”

“But I don’t know how to”

“It’s easy”

“Yeah, coming from the guy whose sister is a professional ice skater and probably knows how to ice skate really good”

“Just trust me” he says and grabs my hand and we head over to the rink. We rent our ice skates and he gets onto the ice and right before I get on I say “I change my mind, I’m not going”

“Aw come on! I’ll be right by your side. It’ll be fine!” he says and makes a hand movement for me to come out on the ice. I take a deep breath and I nearly almost fell over when I tried stepping on the ice, but Baekhyun held my hand and said, “See? I got you” We go pretty slowly and I keep on stumbling but I eventually get the hang of it later. He lets go of my hand and I go forward a bit and he says, “Yeah you got it!” and I go even faster and faster. It was so much fun! He skates next to me and I get the hang of it. But then some kid comes really fast and knocks into us. I start to fall, but then Baekhyun tries to catch me, but in the end we both fall down onto the cold ice. We sit there for a few seconds, but then we just start laughing our cold butts off. He gets up and I hold his hand and we wipe off all of the ice on our clothes. We get off of the rink and we return our skates and leave.

“Hey I had fun hanging out with you but I got to go” Baekhyun says

“Oh ok, thanks” I say and I hug him goodbye.

“Can you do me one favor?” he asks.

“Sure” I say “what is it?”

“Make sure that you and Sehun end up together. I want to be the one who says ‘I always knew you guys were perfect for each other’ and then I will start making fun of you two and remind you guys of all of the times you denied that you liked each other” he says

“Yeah, keep dreaming” I say and he walks off and waves and yells, “I totally ship it!”

 

 


Hehehehe I love Baekhyun so much! Oh and did you guys see the poster I made for the story? I know it's sort of plain looking but I like it! It's decent. So anyways thanks for reading!