-Chapter 21-

Color In My Eyes

It’s finally here. The day in which I won’t be single anymore. The day where I lose Sehun. The day that my parents planned for me ever since I was seven. The day where I say my vows and become Kai’s. The day, where I get married. I’m honestly not ready for this at all and I couldn’t even sleep last night. Just thinking about how today will be the day everything changes, the day where everything falls apart in my little messed up world. I did, in fact, manage to fall asleep for a short period of time last night. But I only got to sleep for three hours because I had to get up extra early for the wedding. My mom came in my room and literally pulled me out of bed and I got ready (half asleep) and I wore some jeans and a T-shirt.

Later after eating breakfast a lot of people who I don’t know came over to my house to tell me all of the things they wish for Kai and me. They all hugged me and pretended like they knew everything about me when really they know nothing except for my name and the wedding. I did smile and thank them, but it was all fake. Everything today will be fake. The wedding is fake, my happiness will be fake, and my supposedly “love” for Kai is fake. And now that Sehun is gone, my world is now just another black and white movie. No colors when I see him and nothing new. Ever since he left, I feel like nothing really happened between us and that everything we did together was just all one dream. One crazy, awesome, messed up dream which I certainly didn’t want to wake up from.

My parents were getting ready for the wedding while I sat on the couch eating ice cream watching a movie since I’m getting ready at the chapel. My mom wore a beautiful dress that went down to her knees and my dad wore a tux. As I was watching the movie, in the background I could hear my parents and they sounded really nervous like it was their wedding. My mom constantly told me to stop eating ice cream because she was worried I wouldn’t fit into the dress but I just ignored her and I kept on eating. I felt like one of those heartsick people who got dumped by their boyfriend and they stay on the couch all day and eat junk food in their pajamas.

We left the house five hours before the wedding is even supposed to start and as we are driving, my heart ever so slowly starts beating faster and faster until we finally reach the chapel and I just about died mentally. We walked in and there were already people decorating the place for the wedding. My parents went to go to the car to bring some stuff in while I just wandered around the place. The place was very nice looking and had to be expensive to rent for the wedding.

Ever so slowly the time slipped past me and the distance of time between now and when I say “I do” got shorter and shorter by the minute. People one by one started to arrive and my mom made me go into a room so that no one can see me, which I was glad about so I didn’t have to deal with all of the people. I don’t know when Kai arrived but his mom came into the room in which I was in and she gasped. “Charity why aren’t you getting dressed yet?”

“Um, my mom never told me when to” I reply trying to make a legitimate excuse for my laziness.

“Ugh” she groans and rubs her forehead “Well get on up and let’s make you into a beautiful bride!” 

Later on my mom came in the room following with a bunch of random people who my mom knows but I don’t. I had to get changed in front of them and I was SUPER embarrassed having to strip my clothes down in front of them since I need help putting on my dress. After putting it on I look in the mirror and the dress still looks just as beautiful as it did when I first tried it on. I got my makeup on and they helped me with my hair and when my transformation was complete, everyone in the room was squealing with joy saying stuff like “Oh my gosh you look so pretty!” or “Kai is SO lucky to have a bride like you!”

It was all so flattering and all, but deep down inside I just wanted to curl up in a little ball and cry. But I just smiled and thanked them for the kind words. Every once in a while I would touch my lips trying to remember just how Sehun kissed me and how my heart fluttered when his beautiful, pink lips touched mine.

The time in which I have to walk down the aisle became nearer. In exactly one hour I will be Mrs. Kim. The name Charity Kim just gives me chills. Maybe Charity Oh sounds better…. But I can only dream about that ever happening now.

I was getting hungry, but there was nothing in the room to eat. I looked around to make sure no one was looking and I peeked out the door and right in front of me I see the wedding cake all decorated and is five layers tall. I my lips and I wanted to eat something or else my stomach is going to growl right in the middle of us giving our vows. That would be embarrassing. Someone was just about to walk out the door and I tap them on the shoulder and I ask “Do you mind getting me something to eat? I’m starving!”

“I don’t mind at all!” the lady says “it is your wedding day after all”

“I know” I reply trying to sound enthused. The lady smiles and walks out the door. I sit down and wait and seconds become minutes and minutes become unbearable! My stomach growls even louder and finally the lady comes back in with a plate full of fruit. I thank the lady and I put a grape in my mouth and I grin. I must seem like a little kid eating candy. “Charity Annabelle Collins!!!” I hear someone yell and I look up to see my mom walking up to me and snatching my plate of snacks right out of my hands. “You could have dropped your food on your dress!!!”

I look down at my feet and I look up back at her and I try to make an excuse by saying “But mom, I’m getting married today and since I’m getting married that means I’m going to be on my own so I don’t need you to constantly worry about me. I’m growing up mom” My mom starts to get teary eyed which means my excuse worked on her and she wipes her tears.

“You are growing up my dear and you’re right about making decisions on your own” she says and hands me back my plate. “Eat as much as you like, but if you get anything on your dress I will scream” And I laugh a bit.

 

My heart is pounding. I can hear the music playing in the room and one by one I see people walk in the room as I’m standing next to my dad. This is it, this is when I’m going to get married and become Mrs. Kim. Soon we are standing right in front of the door where I will walk in and see everyone staring at me as I get married. Never in my life have I been so terrified. My dad obviously noticed and he tightened the grip of my hand and I looked at him, and for the first time he smiled at me. “Don’t be nervous” he says and I somehow become a little bit more relaxed “Listen, I know you don’t want to marry Kai, but you mom and I do love you and we want what’s best for you”

“I know” I say

“And, I’m glad to have you as my daughter” he says and I start to tear up a bit. “Hey” he says “save the tears for later”

Before I could respond, suddenly the doors open and I see rows and rows of people and they are staring at me. But right in front of me I see Kai standing there in a tux looking as handsome as ever. We walk down and people are smiling and tearing up at the sight of me. But what’s weird is, I don’t know any of these people. I get to the end of the aisle and Kai holds my hands and I blush when he looks at me. I’ve never worn this much makeup before and I can’t remember the last time I put my hair in a fancy hairstyle. “You look beautiful” he mouths and I mouth “Thank you” back.

The minister says the vows and I look deep into Kai’s eyes and how I wish that it were Sehun’s eyes that I could be staring into. Kai repeats the vows after the minister, but I don’t pay attention. So this is it, the moment were my story with Sehun ends. After the “I do’s” that’s when this story will end, and another one will start, but with Kai. I zone out but right when I hear “I do” I snap back into reality.

And in a blink of an eye I find myself saying “I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, I take you as my wife/husband, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine. I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family’s love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always.”

My mouth becomes dry and I feel as though I’m about to faint because I know that when I say just two simple words, I’ll be married to Kai. I open my mouth to say “I do” but right before I can say anything, I hear someone yell “I object!” Everyone turns around and standing there, breathlessly, is Sehun.

I start getting teary and Sehun starts walking down the aisle, but no one says a word. I walk down to him and I ask “What are you doing here? You should be in New York by now!”

“Listen Charity, as I was driving to New York something wasn’t right. I thought at first I forgot something like a paintbrush or clothes, but I realized I forgot you. I was so stupid to let you leave from me just like that and so I drove all the way back here to get you. I can’t stand a single day away from you and I certainly can’t let the girl I love with all my heart, get married to someone.”

“Sehun” I say

“I don’t care what your parents say or what anyone says. I want you to come with me to New York. You can stay with me and we can start a new life or something! I’ll come up with the money somehow and we can be together, but all I want is you with me, forever.”

I look back at my parents who look completely shocked. Kai walks down and asks “Do you love me?”

I hesitate a bit but then I finally sigh “No, no I don’t”

“Then go with him” he says

I look up at him in disbelief “What?”

“Go with him” he says “I have always liked you and still do, but I want you to be happy at least so even if it means I lose you, I’ll still be happy for you”

“But I can’t do that, I can’t just walk out of a marriage” I say

“Charity” I hear someone say and it’s my mom “Go with him”

“Mom” I say getting teary eyed

“If there is anything I want for my daughter, it’s for her to be happy. So go with him and we’ll give you the money whenever you need it”

I look back at Sehun who smiles at me and he says “I do, do you?”

I chuckle a bit and I say “I do” and I kiss him. People cheer and I turn around to look at Kai and I kiss him on the cheek. “Thank you” I say and he smiles.

“Uh Charity unless you want me to be late to my first class tomorrow, I suggest we go.” Sehun looks at his watch. He holds out his hand and I hold his and I hold my dress and we leave the building and we head to his car. I get in making sure all of the dress fits in and people walk out of the building and my dad yells “We’ll send you your luggage!” and I wave back to him.

“I love you!” I hear my mom yell and I smile since it’s the first time I’ve ever heard her say that. “I love you too!” I yell back. My parents, Kai, and Kai’s family are waving at us and Sehun starts the car and we head off leaving behind one story, and staring another one.

 

Oh Sehun. He came into my life like a ninja. Unexpectedly and sneakily he came. And never did I think twice about all the things we did together and I didn’t regret any bit of it. He was no prince charming and I was no Cinderella, but it was our little fairy tale about a colorblind girl who falls in love with a painter and they run off to New York after ditching a wedding. I’ve been on this Earth for a while, but only now is my story starting and who knows all of the chapters that will be added to it.

All my life I've been stuck in a black and white movie. I will never know what the color red looks like, or the color green. People would always treat me different just because I'm colorblind and I can't see things that other people can. They treat me like I'm some creature and they don't really understand what it feels like to lose something until they already lose it. I always thought that I would never meet someone who could treat me the same as everyone else and wouldn't make me feel so different. That was, until I met Oh Sehun.

And it was Oh Sehun who truly showed me color in my eyes.

 


This is officially the end of the story. I can't believe it's over already! It feels like just yesterday I first started this story and now I'm posting the last chapter. Thank you so much to everyone who has read this story and I hopefully with write more in the future. I know this story isn't the best written ever, but I do have more ideas and I think you guys will like those a lot. I love all of you and thanks for reading!