-Chapter 9-

Color In My Eyes

Today was the day that I was going to Sehun’s place for the first time. And honestly, I'm kind of nervous. I’ve been to a lot of peoples’ houses before, but this is different. Instead of going somewhere where I don’t know anybody that well and I’m with my parents isn’t the same as when you go to someone’s place that you like and enjoy hanging out with all by yourself. Sehun had given me the directions to his place. It seemed kind of far so I took my car. And yes, I have my own car I just never use it. It’s not much; it’s a black Honda convertible that’s really clean and shiny considering the fact that I never use it. My mom has a Mercedes and so does my dad because they like to drive “in style”. But me, I just want to get to a place and be done. I don’t care how it’s done, I just want it done.

As I’m driving, I get lost a couple of times since I’m not familiar with the area he lives in. The thing that I don’t get is how he gets place to place just by walking since he lives sort of far away. It would take me and hour and a half to get to his place just by walking. But with a car, just 15 minutes. The area that he lives in is sort of like the city, just not as big. It’s the place where teenagers would go just to hang out. To me, this place is the place for cool kids. I’m definitely not a cool person. I finally find the building he lives in. It’s a two story building with a store that’s like a gas station food mart and the top building must be where he lives.

 I park at the back of the building where there are a few other cars parked and I get out. There are stairs that go up to the second floor so I go up them. I was actually really nervous walking on them because they don’t seem too stable, but I survive. I knock on the door and I see Sehun that opens it. He smiles like a child and grabs my arm and pulls me in. He closes the door and runs and sits on his bed, with his arms out wide, he says “Welcome to my domain!”

I look around the place; it’s very small but looks comfy. He has a huge bed with white sheets, a kitchen to the right of me, but it doesn’t seem like he cooks very often, a small table, and a bathroom to my left. And all around the place are paintings and sketches on the floor, on the wall, everywhere. He gets up from his bed and says, “What do you think?”

“It’s nice” I say

“Oh, watch this” he says and opens a huge curtain. And there, right before my eyes, is the city and everywhere else that I’ve never even seen before. “Ta Da!”

“It’s…breathtaking” I say

“I know right. That’s why I picked this place, and also the fact that I don’t have to go far for food” he says. I walk around his place and look at all of the paintings.

“You painted all of these?” I ask

“Yep,” he says, “look at this one.” He holds up a painting of a bench that was in the park where I met him. He then shows me more that he painted. But then there was one painting that I saw, it was of me. He notices that I saw it and says, “You know, I drew that the day when I first saw you in the park and you were in your red dress just sitting there. You were there for quite a long time so I managed to draw quite a bit. But then, you started staring at me so I pretended that I wasn’t drawing you,” I look at it and it looks exactly the way I sat and looked that day, “but when I got home, there was something about it that didn’t fit. I couldn’t seem to figure out what it was, but then, after getting to know you, I realized that it was the color. So I took out the red in your dress, the green in the tress, the brown in the bench, everything. And then, I realized how beautiful you look with or without color.”

I blush at his words and say, “Thank you”

“Can you do something for me?” he asks. I nod and he takes a chair and places it by the window. “Sit in it” he says and I sit in it. He goes back a few steps and keeps on adjusting it until he gets it just right. He goes into another room and takes out an easel, a canvas, and paint and paintbrushes. “Just look out the window” he says. He goes to put on some music so we didn’t sit there in total silence while he painted.

Over the hours he painted, it wasn’t as boring as some people would assume it to be like. Yes sitting there looking out the window constantly was a bit boring, but I didn’t focus on that. I focused on the music in the background; the songs that played made me wonder if that is what he likes to listen too. Some were nice and slow and had a bit of jazz in it, and some where nice and happy. Also the sound of when he dips the paintbrush into the glass water and the sound of the streaks of paint that he on the canvas. Every once in a while I’ll peek at little and look at him and see the way he’s so focused on the painting, but then I have to look back to the cityscape.

When he’s finally finished he lets out a big sigh and I get up and stretched. Sehun leans back all the way on his chair and I walk over to where he’s sitting and I look at the painting. It’s beautiful. I’m not saying I’m beautiful (cause I’m not) but the way he got the light and the way he portrayed everything was memorizing. “I like it” he says

“Me too” I say back

“I think I’m gonna call it, One Lazy Day” he says.

“I like it,” I say “it totally fits my personality.” I help him put up all of the supplies and he sets the painting by the window for it to dry. “Are you hungry?” he asks

“A little. What do you have?” I ask. He walks over to the cupboard and looks in it.

“Uh, I got chips, cookies, and if you are thirsty then I can fix you some coffee” he says.

“Coffee please” I say. When he’s done with the coffee we sit on his bed and drink it. I have to admit, it was very good.

“You want to know my secret into making this?” he asks

“Sure”

“I like to add a bit of vanilla in it. Just a teeny bit” he says. When we are done he puts the cups in the sink and we sit on his bed. “What do you want to do?” I ask. He thinks for a minute and says, “We can paint together if you want?” “Sure” I say. He gets out some pieces of paper and paint and we lay on his floor and paint. Every once in a while I’ll look to see what he is painting and he’ll hide it with his arm. I’m not very good at drawing/painting so I just drew a flower with grass at the bottom and a bird flying in the background. I think it was one of my best pieces. When we are done he shows me his and it’s a painting of a glass of water sitting on a table. It looks so realistic! “I don’t get how you can paint that in just ten minutes” I say

“I’ve had practice. Let me see yours” he says. I hold out my painting to him and he starts laughing.

“What? I think it’s beautiful” I say in my defense

“It’s not that it’s just, what’s that black thing in the background?” he asks while laughing his head off

“It’s a bird and I think it’s a very pretty bird” I say. He cracks up even louder and falls on the floor.

“That’s a bird!? It looks like a flying rock with wings!”

“Yeah whatever, I hope you suffocate while laughing” I say to him. When he finally finishes laughing, he gets up and hangs up the paintings to let them dry. “I’m gonna call yours, Childs Art At Best” he says. “Well, I’m gonna call yours, Un-Meaningful Water” I say. He looks at my neck and asks “What is that?” I look down and it’s the lock Kai had gotten me when we went to dinner.

“Kai gave it to me yesterday,” I say “I guess I forgot to take it off”

“It looks expensive” he says

“Yeah well, it’s nice, but I’m not into gifts that much. They are just another burden for people”

“Well your birthday must have ” he says and I chuckle. “Want to walk around town?” he asks.

“Sure” I say. When we walk out of the building, we walk on the sidewalk and I look at all of the people around us. They all look so cool with their piercings in places other than their ears, their fashion choices, and the way they look. My parents hate these types of people. But, I love them. As we are walking around, I didn’t even notice that we were holding hands, but I didn’t want to let go, and I don’t think Sehun wanted to either.

“And to your right you can see stores that sell all kinds of things. From to alcohol, to food, to any kind of weird gadget that might come in handy one day, it’s all there.” He says and points to the shops. We go into a couple and look around, it’s all so different then what I’m used to. Instead of going to banquets and parties and afterwards going to fancy dinners and then home to talk, here I am hanging out with one of the greatest people I have ever met, going to stores that my parents wouldn’t even dare to go into, looking at people who are such free spirited, and having so much fun is something that I haven’t experienced in a long time.

We then walk into this one store. Sehun said that this is the place where people can sell things that they don’t want anymore, and then people can buy them or trade them out. There was a man sitting behind the counter and had his feet up on the counter and is holding a newspaper while listening to music. Sehun walks up to him and pushes his feet down and the man takes off his headphones and says, “What the heck man?”

“Nice to see you too” Sehun says and motions me to walk next to him. The man behind the counter sits up and asks, “Who’s this?” while smiling.

“This is Charity, Charity, this is my friend, Baekhyun” Sehun says

“Nice to meet you Charity,” Baekhyun says and holds his hand out “don’t worry I washed my hands” I shake his hand and say, “Nice to meet you too sir”

“Sir? I’m only 23” he says. Wow, great job Charity. “So Sehun,” Baekhyun says “is she your girlfriend?”

“No!” we both say at the same time.

“Alright alright jeez it was just a question” he says

“You go anything new in?” Sehun asks

“Actually yes” Baekhyun says and goes to the room in the back. When he comes back he puts a hat on the table. Just by looking at Sehun, I could tell he really liked it. It was black and looked really neat and clean.

“How much?” he asks

“Well” Baekhyun starts to say “because I’ve known you for a while and your friend here is very nice, I’ll let you have it for free”

“Really? Thanks” Sehun says and puts it on. It does look really good on him.

“Nah don’t thank me, thank your beautiful friend here” Baekhyun says and winks at me causing me to smile. As we are walking out he store Baekhyun shouts, “You guys come back again!” and Sehun waves. We walk around the town and grab something to eat real quick and leave. “How does my hat look?” Sehun asks

“It looks nice” I say. He takes the hat off and places it on my head. “It looks nice on you too” he says

“Thanks” I say and put it back on him. It starts to get dark so we head back to his place and I sit on his chair. I look out the window getting nervous and Sehun notices. “Are you okay?” he asks

“Yeah it’s just, I hate driving in the dark” I say

“Why?” Sehun asks

“My aunt one night, when I was really little, was driving home from work and a truck came out of nowhere and she tried to dodge it, but she ended up getting run over by the truck and it crushed her and the car. And every since I’ve always hated driving home in the dark,” I say “I know, it sounds stupid.”

“I don’t think it sounds stupid at all” he says. He closes the blinds and goes to his closet and throws me a T-shirt. “You can spend the night here and sleep in that” he says.

“What about my parents?”

“Text them and tell them that you’re spending the night at one of your friends houses” he says. After I do that they respond and say that it was okay and I go to the bathroom and take a shower and put on the T-shirt. I walk back out and Sehun goes in to take a shower next. The good news is, is that I have clothes for tomorrow and I don’t have to sleep in them, the bad news is, is that I’m only wearing a baggy T-shirt and no shorts underneath. When Sehun comes out, his hair is wet and he has on a shirt and some shorts. He turns off the light gets in the bed.

“You can sleep on here if you want, I won’t mind” he says

“Oh, um, thanks” I say and I get in. It feels weird, even though the bed is massive and there is plenty of space, I’ve never actually slept with anyone else in the same bed before, especially a guy. Sehun takes his iPod and puts in his ear buds and closes his eyes while listening to them. I can hear the music playing from them. He opens one of his eyes and takes one off and says, “Here” and places it in my ears. I listen to the music and it’s very soothing. I close my eyes while listening to it and I imagine what my parents would do if they knew that I was sleeping in the same bed as someone whom they have never met before. I take the ear bud off and give it back to Sehun and he puts the iPod away. He turns off the light and I lie down, not facing him, and right before I drift off to sleep, I hear him say, “Sweet dreams, Charity”

 


I hope you guys like Chapter 9! Please please please let me know what you think of the story in the comments because it really does help. I know I ask on every single chapter for you guys to tell me what you think, but it really does help. So thanks for reading this chapter and I hope you look forward for the next one!