-Chapter 6-

Color In My Eyes

This week went by so slow Even though I was feeling better, I still wasn’t fully recovered. So I spent my whole week in my room, watching movies, and eating candy. This just proves how productive I am. And also to mention the fact that Sehun became sick too (I wonder how…) and we were texting a lot since he didn’t do anything this week too. My parents checked up on me every once in a while, but that’s it. Other than I kept on coughing the whole week and I drank like fifty gallons of water, I did manage to accomplish some things. Like I finished my book, I became a pro trashcan shooter since I was too lazy to get up and throw stuff away, and I counted every single time I coughed, 437 times approximately.

But by the weekend, I was fully recovered. Hallelujah! But Sehun was still sick so I couldn’t really do anything with him. Bummer. So I decided that I would do something different for once over the weekend. I just don’t know what. So, being the person I am, I Googled up “Things to do over the weekend” and found stuff like watch every single episode of Game of Thrones, or read a series of books, or take a tattoo sheet and put the whole sheet on your arm so you look like a gangster or something like that. But overall, Google failed me.

“Hey” I texted Sehun

“Sup” he said

“I need your input on what I should do this weekend”

“Well, you could go to the park and tell me how many times a kid falls on his face”

“No, that’s just mean”

“Fine. How about you go around town and go inside some stores” he says

“But I do that like almost every day. I need to do something new for once”

“Well, why don’t you go see a movie or something?” he says. That was actually a pretty good idea.

“Yeah I should. Thanks”

“No problem. Now if you would excuse me but I really need to get some rest. I feel like I’m about to die.” I head over to the movie theater and there was a HUGE line outside. Why is everybody going to the movies at this specific time? As I was waiting in line, I was looking at all of the movies that I could choose from. There were kid movies, action movies (my favorite), rated R movies, and worst of all, romance movies. And then I saw it, the perfect movie to see. Into the Storm. A movie where people get into the storm and all bunch of action occurs. When it was my turn, I walk up to the booth.

“Hello what movie would you like to see?” the man says

“Hi, I would like to see Into the Storm please” I say

“Oh sorry, it’s all full” he says. Crap. I look to see the rest and then I see Transcendence which is like a sci-fi movie.

“Ok then, I would like to see Transcendence then please”

“Oh that’s actually full also.” Seriously?! Are you kidding me? I can’t believe that there is no more room.

“Ok, then what movies AREN’T full yet?” I ask                                                      

“The only movie available is The Fault in our Stars” he says. Oh great, the only movie left is a romance movie. Just my luck.

“Um okay, one ticket for The Fault in our Stars please.” After I get my ticket, I walk into the building and it was packed! There were a bunch of nerds wanting to watch the sci-fi movies, the cool people who watch the action movies, and then you have the little kids who watch the PG movies. I get my popcorn and soda and I go to sit down in my seat. Even though I didn’t want to watch this movie, I picked out the perfect seat. It was right in the middle of the row and I was just high enough to see the full screen perfectly. Maybe this won’t be so bad after all.

Next thing you know, there is this couple that comes in the theater and they are holding hands and are all “lovey dovey” with each other. All I could think was “please don’t sit next to me, please don’t sit next to me, please don’t sit next to me” and sure enough, they sit next to me. Why do bad things happen to good people?! When they sit they snuggle up next to each other and I could hear their conversation.

“I love you so much, you know that right?” he said

“I know, I love you too” she says

“I love you more” he says

“No, I love you more” she says. And that continues over and over and over and over again. Like seriously, SHUT UP!!! They finally stop talking and I was relieved, but then I turn to look at them and then I notice why they stopped, they were kissing each other. I felt like I was about to puke, literally. I know I’m acting like a little kid but seriously it was gross looking. And also to mention the fact that you could hear the noises of the kissing. I couldn’t take it anymore so I get out my phone and I text Sehun.

“There is this couple sitting next to me at the movies and they won’t stop kissing each other and its gross” I text him

“Well thanks, I was just about to fall asleep after coughing for who knows how many times, having to get up and use the restroom because I drank the Niagara Falls, and I couldn’t breathe” he says

“Well sorry but this is an emergency!”

“Well my health is an emergency!!!”

“Sorry. But seriously she’s now on top of him and there’s noises coming out of them” I say

“Send me a pic”

“No! That’s just rude!”

“You owe me because I took care of you while you were sick” he says. True…..

“Fine” I text him. I turn to face them and I hold up my camera so I look like I’m taking a selfie when I’m really taking a picture of them. After I take it, I send it too Sehun.

“Oh my gosh this is hilarious!!!!!” he texts

“Shut up. I can’t even change seats because the theater is becoming full and there aren’t any more seats left.”

“What movie are you watching?”

“…..The Fault in Our Stars”

“HAHAHAHAHA oh my gosh seriously?! That’s hilarious!”

“Yeah SO funny” I say sarcastically. As I’m texting Sehun, the couple next to me suddenly stops and I turn to look at them. “Ha!” I think. But then I notice one of the people who work at the theater walk up to me.

“Excuse me ma’am but no texting during the movie” the worker says

“B-b-but I-“

“No excuses. If I catch you again, I’m afraid I’m gonna have to you to the exit”

“Fine” I say. After he leaves I make sure he’s gone before I take out my phone again and I text Sehun, “Hey, I just got busted because I was texting in the movie theater so I’ll talk to you later.” Even though I couldn’t text Sehun anymore, the good news is, is that the movie starts and the couple next to me isn’t kissing anymore.

As I’m watching the movie I start to realize how much the story isn’t just about being in love, it’s about the girl, named Hazel, who has cancer and has to go through all of this trouble. And it makes me start to realize how lucky I am. Yeah I’m colorblind, but at least I’m not in critical condition or I need special help. Plus the movie was actually pretty good. All of the scenes that Hazel and Augustus were together kind of made me imagine me and Sehun doing all of those things. But me and him are just friends.

The best part during the movie for me was when one of the characters died and then the girl next to me starts crying and then her boyfriend starts soothing her. But her crying is hilarious! Call me mean, but she sounded like a dying donkey. When the movie was over, I walked out of the movie theater and because I was in a dark room the whole time, the light was burning my eyes. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I get out my phone and text Sehun, “Hey the movie’s over”

“How was it?” he asks

“Honestly, not as bad as I thought it would be. The movie was actually pretty good.”

“That’s good. I pretty sure that after tomorrow I should be better so if you want, you could come over to my place for a bit. I would say tomorrow, but I don’t want you to get sick again”

“Okay, I just have no idea what I’m gonna do tomorrow” I say

“That’s a problem for tomorrow. Why don’t you go home and take a nice shower and read a book or something.”

“What are you, my mom?” I joke

“I’m just saying” So I do what he says. I go home, I take a shower, I read a book, and then I go to bed. It’s nice to know that I have someone I can talk to when I’m in awkward situations. Especially today…..

The next day I woke up and I looked at the clock. It was 12:47! “Oh my gosh I slept in so late” I say to myself. I sit up and I check my phone and I see texts from Sehun,

“Good morning!”

“Hello? I said good morning!”

“OH my god, Charity, wake up!”

“Are you dead or something?”

“This isn’t funny”

“Seriously wake up before I lose it”

“Charity, its 11:00. WAKE UP!!!!!

“That’s it, I’m coming over.” Crap he’s coming over. And my parents are home too. I jump out of bed and I go downstairs to see if my parents are home. And sure enough, they are. I run back upstairs and I pace back and forth in my room. “Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.” I say to myself. Suddenly I hear a knock on my window, and there, sitting on my roof, with a beanie and a jacket and a pair of jeans, is Oh Sehun. I open the window and I say, “You need to leave, you can’t be here!”

“Hello to you too” he says and jumps in. It doesn’t help that he’s wearing shoes and it makes a loud thunk in my room.

“Seriously, you aren’t fully recovered and my parents are going to KILL me if they find out you’re in here”

“Chill out, I just came here to get you!” you says and takes my arm and tries to pull me out the window.

“Are you kidding me?! First of all, I’m in pj’s, second, I haven’t had breakfast, and third, my parents won’t know where I am” I complain

“Do you really think your parents would care if you went missing” he says

“Yes!” I say

“Ok let me rephrase that, do you think that YOUR parents would care if you went missing” he says.

“Ok, you have a point” I say

“Don’t I always? Now get dressed and let’s go!”

“But aren’t you still sick?” I ask

“I had a good sleep. Now come on!”

“Ok ok fine!”

 


Thanks for everyone who has read up to this point. I'm just really happy that you guys take the time to read my story. And also (for all of you guys who have read/watched the Fault in Our Stars) I tried not to reveal any spoilers in the story and all of the movies that I mentioned are actually movies. Anyways thanks for reading this chapter and let me know what you think in the comments below!