-Chapter 18-

Color In My Eyes

I’ve started to get closer with Kai. Ever since we went out I feel like things haven’t been as awkward as before. And honestly if I had to get married to someone, I’m glad it was him because it’s better than having to marry a complete stranger. At least I already knew who he was and I actually was friends with him when we were little. Now don’t get me wrong, I still am completely against this whole marriage thing, I’m just trying to think positive here. But the bad part about this (other than getting married) is that I’ve been talking to Sehun less and less. At first we texted or talked every single day, but then a day became days and days became weeks.

So for the past weeks my family and Kai’s have been constantly working on wedding plans to the smallest detail. To what type of cake I want, or the color the table cloths should be. When I was little I always imagined that my wedding would be so much fun to plan, but it’s so tiring! I’m not lazy it’s just I didn’t expect that we would have to do that much stuff just for one wedding. Tonight my family and Kai’s are going to go out for dinner and my parents want me to dress up even nicer than usual. So I curled my hair and I decided to wear a red dress. As I’m putting on my makeup I look at myself and I realize how much makeup can completely change the way you look. I don’t usually put on makeup, but I look so different in it. I’ve liked that natural look, but I look like a doll. I open the cap of my red lipstick (which I labeled) and I put it on my lips. After getting ready I head downstairs and my parents looked surprised since I look completely different and we head to the car.

I get out my phone and I text Sehun, “Hey I’m going to dinner right now with the Kims, how are you doing?” It takes him a while to reply and he finally replies and says, “Good, sorry that I haven’t been talking to you for a while, my work load has increased a lot and I don’t want to cause any troubles with your family.”

“I understand, I’ll talk to you later we just arrived at the restaurant. Love you!”

“I love you too” he replies and I put my phone away. We get out of the car and the Kims’ car pulls up right on time and they get out. Kai gets out from the back seat and he’s wearing a suit and his hair is combed back. He looks flawless. He smiles at me when he sees me and walks up to me and says, “Hey beautiful” and kisses me on the cheek.

“Wait stay right there!” Kai’s mother says “I’ve got to take a picture of this for the wedding!” and she gets out her phone and Kai puts his warm lips on my cheek again and I’m blushing madly and Kai’s mother takes the picture. My mom goes over and looks at it. “Aw it’s so cute” she says.

“I’m going to make it my home screen” Kai’s mom says

“Mom please don’t” Kai says and puts his face in his hands. I laugh and I wrap my arms around Kai and say, “That was sweet what you did” He looks up at me and smiles and kisses me. I know what you’re thinking, why am I acting this way? Well one reason is I don’t want my parents to scold be for not being the cute and sweet wife like they want and another reason is I’ve gotten closer to Kai and it feels like we’re little kids again, just getting married. It would be even better if it was Sehun though. We walk in the restaurant and we get out seats. My parents and I sit on one side while Kai’s parents and he sit on the other. Our parents talk to each other and I just listen, but then I feel my phone vibrate and I check to see if it was Sehun, but it was Kai and it read “I’ve never seen you wear this much makeup before”

“I know right” I reply “Why are we texting anyways?”

“I don’t know, our parents won’t stop talking and it’s getting annoying”

“Talk about it! You look nice too”

“You look better” he says

“No you do”

“Nooo you do!” he texts.

“Charity will you stop texting!” my mom says and I mouth sorry and I put my phone away.

“Ma’am it wasn’t her fault, I texted her first” Kai says and my mom just goes back to talking and Kai and I start laughing. For the rest of the time we all talk and eat. But then Kai’s mom says, “So there’s going to be a change of plans with the wedding. Instead of it being in two months, it’s going to be in two weeks.” I nearly choke on my drink and I look at her with an are-you kidding-me-face and she just nods. I sit back in my seat and I take a big sigh. I was sure that in two months I would cool down about this whole marriage. But two weeks? That’s too soon! “I haven’t even gotten my wedding dress yet!” I say.

“We’ll go out and get one after dinner! We’ll drop off Kai and Mr. Kim and we’ll head out and get the perfect dress!” my mom says almost too enthusiastically.

 “Ok then” I say and after eating we drop off Kai and his dad and we head to the wedding dress store. We walk in and we get greeted by a lady and we head in and start looking around. There are hundreds of dresses and so many to choose from. My mom and Kai’s go sit down and wait for me while the helper and I go to the dressing room. “So what kind of dress do you want?” she asks

“Something nice and simple but I want something with a little bling to it. Preferably a ball gown” I say

“Ok then I’ll be right back and I’ll get you some choices.” She says and leaves. When she comes back she has a few dresses and there was one that caught my eye. It was a sleeveless ball gown with jewels going across the waist line. “May I try on that one?” I ask and point to it

“Sure thing!” she says and after getting changed in it, we head out and my mom and Kai’s smile. I get on top of a little podium thing and I look at myself in the mirror. Since I still had my makeup on from dinner I look sort of mismatched, but the dress was beautiful. “So, what do you think?” I ask

“It’s beautiful, I love it” my mom says

“I love it too” Kai’s mom says, “but just to amuse me, can she try on a mermaid dress?”

“Sure” the lady says and I head back. I change into a mermaid dress and it has a sweetheart neckline with jewels lined up on the neckline. I walk back out and Kai’s mom gasps. “You look so pretty! Your curves are on point and you look just plain y” and I blush

“Well I wouldn’t say y” I say. I look in the mirror and I do like it, but I like the other dress better. This one is too tight and the other one was just more of my style. “I like the other one better” I say. I change back into the other dress and I come back out and my mom says, “Yep, this is the one”

“I agree” Kai’s mom says

“I love it” I say “this is the dress.” We pay for the dress which came out to be about around $1,000 and we drop off Kai’s mom at her house and we head home. I walk up to my room and I lay down on my bed and I take out my phone and I text Sehun, “Hey I got my wedding dress since the wedding is moved to two weeks from now, not two months.”

“Seriously? That just means less time to claim you as mine” he replies

 “I am yours and I will always be yours, marriage can’t change that”

“It’s just, you’ve been getting along with Kai more than before and you guys are gonna have to live with each other and be with each other and I won’t be able to see you. I’m just afraid that I’ll lose you.”

“Sehun” I manage to say

“What about when you guys want to start a family? You’ll have him and then there’s me, the lovesick boy who fell in love with a beautiful girl who is married to someone else and doesn’t have a heart to love anyone else. Don’t you see? I need you”

“Sehun I know, but I can’t change what has to be done”

“But you have more power to stop this marriage than me! Haven’t you done anything to stop it?”

“Sehun I can’t do ANYTHING!” A few minutes later Sehun finally replies and what he said really did hurt me.

“You don’t love me”

“Sehun don’t be stupid, of course I do! It’s just, ugh, I don’t know what to do! I’m trying, it’s just what do you want me to do, run away from my parents? I can’t do that!”

“You could do that”

“But I don’t want to, please can we stop, I don’t want to fight with you”

“I know, me too, I’m sorry for getting so angry. I’ve never loved anyone as much I love you before.”

“I love you too. I’m getting tired, goodnight” I text

“Goodnight beautiful”

 

 


Gosh this chapter is so short. Also I apologize about how poorly written this chapter is. Oh and also I won't be able to update on Wednesday because I'll be out of town so I'll update either Thursday or Friday it just depends on how quickly I write the next chapter. Until then thanks so much for reading and please leave comments about what you think about the story. I love it when I see someone commented on my story it just really makes my day ^^