-Chapter 20-

Color In My Eyes

At first it was only months until the wedding, then weeks, then days, and now it’s only one day until the wedding. Time went by quick and before I knew it, my future had been creeping up to me and now it’s finally here. The day that I will be getting married to Kai, is tomorrow. Everything is already planned, I have the dress, the place where we are getting married is already in progress, and now there is nothing left to do, except wait. Wait for the moment when I walk down the aisle and marry Kai, and never be with Sehun again.

After I sat underneath a tree when it rained, I got a really bad cold. But I had an excuse to sit in bed all day and not have to worry about wedding preparations, unlike my parents, and I watched movies all day long in my pajamas. I guess this whole time I’ve been selfish, selfish because all of the times I have been with Sehun, not once did I think about how much I should have cherished those moments with him. At the time they were only good times that will lead to a brighter future with him, but now it’s only a memory about us.

Today I was going to go to the mall with Sehun and hang out with him for the very last time. It’s sad to think that this will be the last time I will ever be able to be with him as a couple. Sure in a couple of years after Kai and I get married we could see Sehun again, but things wouldn’t be the same.

I park my car in the parking lot and I get out to look for Sehun. Because it’s a Friday, a lot of people are here today and that means the parking lot is packed. I was just lucky enough to find a spot. I walk up and down the rows of cars, until I see that old beat up truck with him standing in front of it with his ripped up jeans, a sweater, and sunglasses even though it’s cloudy today. He’s looking at something on his phone so I call out “Sehun!” and he looks up and notices me and smiles. I run over to him and I hug him tightly, never wanting to let go. He immediately kisses me and after the kiss I look at his beautiful eyes. “It took you long enough” he says “I’ve been waiting for ten minutes now.”

“Sorry I couldn’t find your truck with all of these people here today.” I say in defense. He grins and wraps one of his arms around my shoulder and we walk to the mall. The last time we came here we were just friends, but now we are together and we are walking side by side with his arm around me to protect me. There were so many people in the mall so I was blushing a little bit because of Sehun. We walk into a bunch of stores, but we never buy anything. Afterwards we go to a little café in the mall and we order a milkshake and we drink out of the milkshake with two stripped straws. “So, are you nervous about tomorrow?” he asks me

“A bit” I say

“Well you ARE getting married” he jokes

“I know but it’s not that big of a deal for me considering the fact I don’t even want to”

“But it is a big deal if you think about it”

“True” I say and I take a sip out of the drink.

“What does your dress look like?” he asks

“Oh yeah I forgot to show you, hold on” I say and I reach in my pocket and I find the picture “Here” I say and I give my phone to Sehun and he looks at it. He then closes his eyes and I ask “What are you doing?”

“Just trying to imagine you walking down the aisle in that where Kai would be standing, except you are getting married to me in my imagination.”

“I wish” I say

“The dress does look like something you would wear. It’s nice and simple, but it has those few accessories that make it unique, like you”

“How?”

“Well you are just another regular girl, a girl who has a nice body and is very pretty. But once someone gets close to you, they notice those few things about you that make you special. And that’s why I love you.”

“Wow, that was like the deepest thing anyone has ever said to me”

“Well, I have a way with words” he says and smirks and takes another sip of the drink. When we leave we walk out of the café and we head to a section of the mall where not as many people go. There was a water fountain and I reached down in my pocket digging for a coin and I finally found one underneath all of my wrappers of gum and my chap stick. I close my eyes and I toss the coin into the fountain. “What did you wish for?” Sehun asks

“If I tell you it won’t come true” I tease and he pouts. We walk a little bit further and there was a grand piano, but no one was playing it. I stare at the piano and it reminds me of when I used to play and my piano used to look just like that one, except this one is nicer than mine. Sehun noticed I was staring at it and he asked “Do you play?”

“I used to, but my parents overworked me so I quit because of pressure” I say and sigh.

“You look like you want to play it” he says

“What? I haven’t played in forever, I probably don’t even know how to anymore.”

“I doubt that” he says and grabs my hand and forces me to sit on the piano bench. “Play it”

“Sehun I’m not allowed to, I’ll get in trouble”

“So? You got in trouble at the art museum and you didn’t care” he says. I roll my eyes knowing he had a point there and he says “Play it!” again.

“Fine but only because you won’t stop bugging me” I say and Sehun grins in triumph. I look at the piano keys and I take a deep breath. The last time I played the piano was when I was playing in front of my parents for two hours straight. I played the same song over and over again and every time my parents would say I messed up on something. So I finally burst by yelling and screaming at them for making me do something that I once loved, now hate. Honestly I think I would have forgotten how to play, but then I realized that I my fingers were moving on the keys and music was coming out of them. I felt so calm, so relaxed that I could play at my own free will. My fingers danced along the keys and they moved gracefully throughout the whole song. I didn’t even notice what was going on around me; I was so focused, so absorbed with playing. I even forgot that Sehun was even there.

I don’t know how long I played but Sehun didn’t even say a word for me to stop. I glanced over from time to time and I saw him sitting in a chair just listening to me play. I must have played for a while because my hands were starting to hurt and become sore. When I finished the song I put my hands in my lap and it felt like they were vibrating because I’ve been playing for so long nonstop. And also the fact I haven’t played in ages. Sehun got up from his seat and he walked over to me and started clapping, but then I noticed that there were a bunch of people watching me and they were clapping too. I guess I only focus on Sehun now. “Wow,” he says “it looks like we’ve finally found your talent.” And I grin and I sigh happily “How did it feel?”

“Honestly, it felt amazing. I can’t even believe I managed to remember how to play that many songs, I guess my parents making me play those songs over and over again made it sink into my head permanently.” I say

“That was beautiful” a lady says to me and I smile and I say “Thank you.”

“You have real talent” she says and walks away. I get up from the bench and I stretch a bit since I’ve been sitting down playing for a while. Sehun and I walk away and he hands me a piece of paper and it’s a picture of me playing the piano. “How long did it take you to draw this?” I ask

“It actually only took me a good 45 minutes considering the fact you played for at least three hours.” He says and my mouth opens widely.

“Three hours?” I ask and he nods. I look at the drawing and I could tell he put every single little detail into this drawing. “Can I keep it?” I ask

“Sure” he says and I put it in my pocket. Afterwards we leave the mall and we head to the park together for the very last time. It was late and we walked through the whole park, but neither of us said a word. I was waiting for him to start talking, but I was just sad that this will be the last time here with him as a couple.

“Hey Charity” he speaks and I look at him but he looks at the ground not even making eye contact with me.

“Yes?”

“I made it in” he says and I gasp

“The art school?” I ask just to make sure and he nods. A smile appears on my face and I jump up to hug him and I say “Congratulations! I knew you would make it!” I look at his face and he looks sad, disappointed even. “What’s wrong?” I ask getting worried about why he isn’t happy about making it in to the school of his dreams.

“Charity” he says “it’s in New York.” I freeze trying to process what he just said.

“New York? That’s really far away from here.” I say and he finally looks at me in the eyes.

“I know” he says

“Well, when do you leave?”

“Tomorrow,” he says “today will be the last day I’ll see you for a while.”

“S-so after tonight I won’t see you ever for at least four years.” I say

“Correct, but I don’t know if I should go or not” he says

“Why, you should go. You need to go so that you can learn new things and hopefully will have a good future.”

“But you won’t be there”

“I know I won’t be at the school but you still need to go. You never know when you’ll have another opportunity like this again.” He reaches for my hand and he takes his thumb and rubs it against my palm.

“You sure I should go?” he asks

“Of course, I want you to have a good future”

“But what about yours?”

“I’ll be fine with Kai; I just want you to be happy.” I say and he still doesn’t look convinced. “Don’t worry about me, you need to go. I’ll be fine” I try my best to hold in my tears and be strong. I do want Sehun to go to that school, and I do want him to succeed and have a nice future, but the thing is, I’m scared to let him go. Yes I want him to meet someone new and be happy with whomever, but I am scared that he will forget about me and I’ll just be a memory.

“Charity” he says and when he says my name I just get sadder and sadder.

“Charity” he says again and I’m on the edge of bursting out into tears.

“Charity Collins” he says one more time and this time I finally break down and I burry myself in his arms. I sob into his shirt and he pats my head and wraps his arms around me to console me. “Please stop saying my name, it only makes it worse” I sob

“Okay” he says and I keep on crying.

“And, I’m sorry for being such a crybaby around you; I just can’t help to cry over the thought of you leaving.”

“Then I won’t leave” he says

“Sehun, even if you don’t go to the school, you still would have left me anyways since I’ll be with Kai.” And he sighs.

“Charity” he says and I grip onto his shirt even tighter and he says “Oh, whoops sorry.” And I chuckle a bit. “I won’t forget about you, I promise. I’ll go to the school and I will try to call you every day. I’ll even email you and text you, just don’t worry about me and don’t worry about us because there will always be an us and marriage can’t stop that. And even if I do meet someone else and I do get in a relationship with her, I still want us to be friends.”

“But I don’t want us to be friends, I want us to be more than that” I say and I finally stop crying.”

“I know, but I can’t date you while you’re married to Kai”

I check the time and its 10:00. “So, this is it then. This is when we part and never see each other for a long time.” I say

“I guess so.” He says

“Hey, make sure you arrive to New York safe. I don’t know what I will do if I found out you accidently ended up in a completely different country or something like that.” And he laughs a bit.

“I will, and you make sure you don’t give Kai a hard time, he’s lucky to have a girl like you.”

“No promises” I say. He walks up to me and he cups my face and he slowly leans in. “You really like to tease don’t ya?” I say with his face only one centimeter away from mine.

“I’m just enjoying the moment” he says and finally places his lips on mine. We stand there, underneath the stars and where all of the other memories of us are. The day when he met me and wrote a note to the girl sitting in a red dress ditching her parents’ banquet, the day where we went out for the first time, to now. This place has so many of our memories and now, this is the end. The end to our crazy, love story. It may not be the best ending, but I know that he will be safe and I know I will always love him. And I hope when I get old, and I need a walker to support me, I want to come back here and surround myself in good thoughts and memories of us. Sehun pulls away and says “We should probably leave; people are giving us weird looks”

“Sehun, people always give us weird looks” I say and I kiss him again and I smile into the kiss. I want this kiss to last forever, because I know that this will be the last time I will kiss him and feel his warm, soft lips against mine.

 


I finally updated! Sorry that I am so late updating, I had a competition yesterday so I was preparing for that. But now that I'm done with it I can finally update again! And btw the next chapter will be the last one for this story. Thanks for reading ^^