-Chapter 15-

Color In My Eyes

His smile really was something. The way he smiled at me was just breathtaking. His cheekbones, his teeth, his lips, everything about him was perfect. And his eyes were practically sparkling in my colorless world. The way they make a crescent shape every time he smiled made my heart flutter. The thing is, I would tell him how I really felt about him, but I’m afraid that he wouldn’t feel the same. Afraid that if I told him, I would lose him and everything we did together would just be a memory.

 When we finally got our food we didn’t talk at all to each other since we were both starving. The food was delicious I have to admit. No it wasn’t the fanciest thing I’ve ever eaten, but it was certainly good in its own way. I think my favorite thing about this type of food is that not only its super good, but it doesn’t cost nearly as much as these other restaurants around this area. There are some restaurants that you pay $60 for just ONE meal and then you barely get any food. It’s honestly genius how someone came up with that idea. I need to do something like that. What if I opened up a restaurant and I gave everyone a tiny peanut butter and jelly sandwich to each person and I charged them about $20? Would it work? Probably not because even I don’t like peanut and jelly sandwiches. Seriously peanut butter and jelly just do not go together.

After eating we head to a mall (which I didn’t even know was around this area) and we went into a bunch of shops. We walked in one clothing store and Sehun was looking at all of the hats while I was looking at some clothes. While I was looking I turned around and Sehun was right behind me. “Oh geez you scared the crap out of me!” I say

“Sorry, I was just wondering how you pick out your clothes since you-“ he says and then stops because I could tell he felt uncomfortable saying “because I’m colorblind”.

“It’s not the colors I look at, it’s everything else. Like the design on the shirt, the feel of the jeans, the material on the scarf, everything basically.” I pull out one shirt and some jeans and I hold it up to Sehun and ask, “Does this match?” and he just nods. He’s acting so weird for some reason and he’s quieter than usual. I want to ask him what’s on his mind, but part of me says not to. I go to the dressing room and I try on the outfit and I look in the mirror satisfied. The only thing bothering me is how tight the shirt is but that’s how it’s supposed to look. I walk back out and then, I see it. The perfect outfit. There was a mannequin wearing a pair of jeans, a lacey t-shirt that’s nice and flowy, and a scarf to top it all off.

I look over to where Sehun is and he’s occupied so I go back in the dressing room and I try on the clothes. It was perfect and it was my style. I look at myself at different angles and I even twirl in my outfit like a little kid just to look at my top puffing up. I walk out in that outfit and I look for Sehun and I walk up to him and he looks at the outfit and says, “I like it”

“Me too” I say and I smile while looking at the outfit.

“How much is it?” he asks and I look at the price tag. For the jeans its $20, the shirt is $50 and the scarf is $10 so if you do the math you add all of those up and you get a whopping $80.

“Its $80 so I’m not buying it,” I say “why do nice clothes always have to be so darn expensive!”

“I’ll buy it for you” he says

“No I can’t let you do that. Besides it’s just an outfit, nothing special”

“But I love that outfit on you” he says and I blush. He stares at me trying to convince me to let him buy it but even though no one can resist those beautiful eyes, I don’t break and he says, “Fine I won’t buy it. What size is it anyway?”

“The pants are size 4 and the shirt is a medium. Why do you want to know anyways?” I ask suspiciously

“So in the future I know what size to get you” he says and I go back to the dressing room to get changed back in my regular clothes. When I walk out I see Sehun at the checkout and I run over to him and I say, “I told you not to buy that for me!”

He looks at me weirdly and says “I was buying a hat” and I mentally face palm myself. Wow, nice going Charity you totally just embarrassed yourself. I try to laugh it off but Sehun smiles and ruffles my hair and he takes the bag from the worker and puts on his hat. “It looks nice” I say and he just smiles as a thank you. Gosh he’s being really quiet today.

Afterwards we walk around the mall and we don’t speak to each other, but I see all of these couples walking and laughing together and I feel jealous because I wish me and Sehun were like that. I mean, we do that too but he doesn’t really seem into it really today. I hold Sehun’s hand to show that we are at least something and Sehun tightens the grip and I smile to myself.

“I’ll be right back, I have to use the restroom” Sehun says and I nod and he walks off and I sit down in a seat. As I’m sitting there I look inside this one clothing store and I see a couple acting all cute with each other. The guy takes his arm and wraps it around the girls waist and they are looking in a mirror making silly faces while wearing a bunch of different stuff. Yeah it’s not the most mature thing to do, but at least they are having fun. And next thing you know, he kisses her and I suddenly feel really uncomfortable. Sehun comes back from the restroom and he asks “Ready to go?” and I say “Sure”

 

We walk to the park again and we hold hands and I rest my head on his shoulder because 1. It’s cold and 2. He lets me. But then for the first time ever, he takes his arm and wraps it around my waist and holds me tight to him. I was shocked at what he did, but I was overflowing with happiness that we’ve become this close. “Hey Charity” he says

“Yeah?” I ask

“I didn’t tell you this but I’ve signed out for this art school recently and I’m waiting to see if I’ve been accepted.”

“Really? That’s great! I’m happy that you’re gonna be able to go to art school” I say

“Yeah but there’s a small chance that I’ll make it, only the best get to go” he says

“You’ll be accepted, I know it. You are so talented and amazing that if they don’t accept you, then they need their eyes checked.” I say

“I’m just, nervous” he says and takes a deep sigh. We sit down on a bench and we sit there in silence. But then he breaks the silence and says, “I have a surprise for you.” I get up and he does to and I say, “Sehun you know that I don’t like getting-“

And then, I feel something. Something magical, something that I’ve never experienced before, something that I never thought would happen to me. He was kissing me. And not just a peck on the cheek, I mean his beautiful and warm lips were on mine and his hands were cupped on my neck and I was just standing there, still as a statue, eyes wide open, still trying to process what is really going on right now. But then I relax and I kiss him back and I close my eyes. I don’t know how long we were standing there kissing, but he pulls away and I catch my breath. “Was that your first?” he asks and I nod not being able to say anything and he just chuckles and says, “I can tell”

We sit down on the bench and I ask, “Why?”

He takes a deep breath and says, “Charity, I’ve liked you ever since I saw you. When you were sitting there, in that red dress I was immediately like ‘Dang, she’s hot’ and I had to talk to you. And when we finally went to go hang out I was so happy. And then you came over to my house and I purposely was holding you while you were sleeping, because I liked you that much. When I was out of town for a week you don’t know how much I missed you and how much I wanted to feel you touch, hear you voice, see the beautiful Charity I know. I have to be honest, I was pretty jealous when you told me about Kai.

“But then I started to realize that not only I liked you, but I started to love you. And I mean that magical love that I never thought I would experience until I met you. And I know I sound like a girl telling you this but it’s true. And I’m sorry for not talking to you much today; I was just trying to decide whether I would confess today or another day. But then I saw you looking at that couple and I immediately thought that I have to do it today. Today would be the day that I would confess to you. I didn’t know if you liked me but I just had to. Charity, I love you”

I sit there, in silence trying to process what he said and he gets a sad expression on his face and says, “I was afraid you would be like this” and I immediately kiss him again and I take him completely by surprise. As we are kissing once again I could feel his lips curve up as he’s smiling and we pull away and he says, “So I take that you like me too” and I just smile and nod.

“Honestly,” I say “I was starting to like you too, but I was afraid to tell you my feelings because I didn’t know if you felt the same. But now I do, now I know that the guy who completely swept me off my feet, who showed me a new world, who gave me fun when I needed it most, was in love with me. And I couldn’t be happier.”

He looks at me with those eyes of his and all he can say is “God, you are beautiful” and I chuckle and say, “Just shut up and kiss me” and he quickly kisses me and I wrap my arms around his and we stay like that for god knows how long.

 

 

The next morning I wake up with the biggest smile on my face ever and I get up, brush my teeth, and I take a shower. When I’m done I walk back in my room and I see a bag on my window. I open the window and I take the bag and I see a note that says:

Dear my love, Charity

I bought this for you even though you told me not to and I almost got caught but you looked absolutely stunning in it so I wanted you to have it. I already threw away the receipt so you couldn’t return it so now you HAVE to wear it. Just know that I love you and you look beautiful.

Your crazy boyfriend,

Sehun

 

He said boyfriend. So that means we are officially boyfriend and girlfriend. I open the bag and I find the outfit from yesterday that I fell in love with and I get changed in it and I couldn’t be happier right now. Everything was going so well, I have the perfect boyfriend, a fabulous outfit, and my life couldn’t get better. I even curled my hair today because I was in such good of a mood. I skip downstairs, with my curls bouncing, and I grab some peanut butter toast and cereal and I sit down at the counter and eat.

But then my parents come in the door and I smile and wave to them (yes I was in that good of a mood) and they try to force a smile and my mom says, “Charity, could you come sit down please?”

I get up and I clean my food up and I sit down on the couch facing my parents and they look like they are hiding something, “Mom? Dad?” I ask in suspicion.

“Charity, honey” my dad starts to say.

“Yes?” I ask in confusion about what exactly is going on

“You know we love you and we want what’s best for you” my mom starts to say.

“Yeah and?”

“Charity” my mom says, “You are getting married to Kai”

 

 


Hehehe there's a BIG cliffhanger on this chapter that's for sure! And just when you thought that everything was going so nice and they finally confess their love, this happens. I'm so evil! Lol jk. But now finally the story is getting interesting...... Thanks for reading this chapter and sorry for any typos! And comments are appreciated!